« Back to All Topics
Ability Of Giving Up a Single Game in a 5 point match
Posted in 
Backgammon
Posted in 
Backgammon
Players can give up a single game when it is %99.9 they are gammoned . As soon as i close homeboard after i blitz them they can give up just one point with cube on 2 .They have little to no development in any place of the board and down +80 pips. This issue impacts the game and has potential to draw some players away.My suggestion : Either implement 3 or 4-ply analyser bot onto the games and when loser gives up , if his move equity is worse than 1,50 make them lose a gammon , or make them lose the entire match if they give up . I have lost more then 3  5 point matches because of this which i was supposed to win.Ty
This sounds even worse when the best play is the aggressive one because in some situations you desperately need a gammon (imagine you are 3 - 1 behind) . You loose hit the opponent and try to blitz them in certain areas , if your blitz works they are most likely gammoned with you slowly closing your homeboard.And what happens ? Valla , they give up and lose 2 points instead of 4 . Big big issue , unfair , noobfriendly , and childish.Even the dice being so unpredictable some games is ok in my perspective compared to this.