« Back to All Topics
HAPPY PURIM 
Posted in 
General
HAPPY PURIM 
Posted in 
General
HAPPY PURIM 
"PURIM It's described as a holiday similar to Halloween, Easter, and Mardi Gras all mixed into one, so you can imagine it's a pretty big deal!
Purim 2022 began on the evening of Wednesday, March 16
and ends in the evening of Thursday, March 17.

*~Purim is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the saving of the Jewish people from Haman, an official of the Achaemenid Empire who was planning to have all of Persia's Jewish subjects killed, as recounted in the Book of Esther. Haman was the royal vizier to Persian king Ahasuerus. Wikipedia
Date: Wed, Mar 16, 2022 – Thu, Mar 17, 2022
Significance: Celebration of Jewish deliverance as told in the Book of Esther (megillah)
Related to: Hanukkah, as a rabbinically decreed Jewish holiday!

*~ The four main mitzvot (obligations) of the day are: Listening to the public reading, usually in synagogue, of the Book of Esther in the evening and again in the following morning (k'riat megillah) Sending food gifts to friends (mishloach manot) Giving charity to the poor (matanot la'evyonim)."

Cute Kid's Purim Medley with Micha Gamerman (Official Animation Video) 
https://youtu.be/JKxQ4_LRBkI

One of my fondest memories is of Mommy and Nana making me the most beautiful of all Queen Ester costumes for our synagogue children's party! For that one moment, I felt real was a Queen!:p 
Now I know, I was and am only a mere contessa;\ 

G-d bless us all:)

Shalom~*