« Back to All Topics
Smashing reds/High breaks
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Anyone agree that if you are going to smash the reds from break off, that it should be done in an unrated room.Most of the high breaks on the toplist have all been done from players agreeing before a game to open reds, there is not much skill to do this as i once opened the reds in a game against a green ball and he made a 55 break, in the rematch he opened the reds and i made a 99 break, but refused to pot the red for a cent as it did not feel like i deserved it. Surely it takes more skill to pot a long red , leave yourself on the black and open the balls from that situation or off any other colour.I understand the so-called top players do it for fun and are not bothered whether they win or lose, so why not play in unrated room? It's also annoying when i am invited and a player smashes the reds and ties up all the colours, or even manages to pot a red and make a 50 plus break and you don't even get to take a shot and they leave after one frame. Snooker requires skill and thought, unlike 8-ball or quick snooker.
You could argue that the same could be said for people who tap behind the colours or snooker constantly. The top players know that they can smash and win with an attacking mindset and still have fun?
Agreed, i disagree with negative play. If the pot is on i will take it. Even if the pot is not on i will take on the double. Nothing worse than a player who uses pro rules that plays a snooker even when a ball is on.
Everyone plays the way that brings them the most fun. If smashing reds and making big breaks gives me the most fun ill do it everytime,and frankly im not concerned about hurting your feelings.
8 ball or quick snooker yeah requires skill and thought as all billiard games, u just need to know how it works. I think the problem is in whos controlling the mouse in front of a screen computer...
As Gary said, everyone plays the way that brings them the most fun.
Also, i got one lifehack, you don't have to watch matches where people smash reds and you can play your own way! Got info from people who did it and it works!
Skill and thought ?!?! That's why you are insulting and harassing other players in the middle of the break and then leave?