« Back to All Topics
Why is the results page showing a different score?
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
I played 4 ends with someone who had a rating that was just 4 points higher than mine (199 v 195), I lost 3-2 and my rating dropped 16 points. I looked at the results page and it said I lost 0-4. When I click to expand those results it says I lost 4-6. I'm so confused. Does anyone know why this happened?
Hey,

Yes I do. When ends are set, such as a 4-end game, only the game result counts. This is due to the Elo system making it more difficult for points to change hands the higher the overall score is. So since 4 ends were set, a result of 4-0 will be awarded to the winner. To avoid this, you can set ends as "any" ; this makes it more interesting because 4 ends are not guaranteed and you will have to agree to 4 with your opponent and hope they do not "run" when they get ahead.

As for the result being 4-6, I have noticed in the information page the scores are doubled (2x) what the actual score in the game was. I have no idea why. So since your score was a 2-3 loss, the score shows 4-6. But points wise, it is AS IF the final score was 4-0.

Hope this helps.