« Back to All Topics
Dots
Posted in 
Curling
Dots
Posted in 
Curling
Dots
Mods can you please explain to Jock Kuta how the dots on the dice work please as I have 9 & he keeps grumping about when he'll get his 9th.
Search the forum Wullie, this has been discussed many times before.
I have searched the forum Thunder, the past 10 pages & while the dice have been mentioned in 2 topics it never really explained it. Jock Kuta basically plays every night & has been on 8 dots for forever so I was hoping to give him an idea when his 9th would be. I also tried explaining that there is only room for 1 Fod God, ME but that never went down too well with him. The guy is 76 & ancient so if you have the power to give him an extra dot please do so for all our sakes. Thank you.
>Jock Kuta basically plays every night & has been on 8 dots for forever so I was hoping to give him an idea when his 9th would be.

Game time (played) = a "Oldtimer Score" which counts towards gaining dots.  It takes much longer to go from 8 to 9 dots as it did for say 2 to 3 dots.  If he keeps playing, that 9th dot will come.  Bare in mind that getting banned/demerit dents your "Oldtimer Score" which I mentioned above.

>>I also tried explaining that there is only room for 1 Fod God, ME but that never went down too well with him.

LOL.

>>>The guy is 76 & ancient so if you have the power to give him an extra dot please do so for all our sakes.

I don't.  I'm just a member like you.  Moderators don't even have the power to adjust this "Oldtimer Score".

I might be an Oldtimer and ancient But I have never bean banned or earned a demerit like some I no. I am a goody 2shoes compared to some of the players hear. So move it along please with the extra dot before I fall off my perch. ))))
Ninth dot to Jock, NOW! There is something called “honoris causa” if necessary.
Thanks for the replies Thunder.
Jock I guess that your just gonna have to play a lot more.
Yes Wullie, but someone must know how many games in the entire FOD you need to earn 9 dots! I can't see it written anywhere, who knows?
Exactly Anna, I have seen players who have played more than me & have 8 dots.
Remember, it takes into account games played across the entire FlyOrDie website.  I may have only played 20 games of Curling for example, but I still have 8 dots.  That's because I have played thousands of different games on FlyOrDie, thus meaning my actual time playing games on FOD is quite impressive.
If you take Jocks BG matches into account he has played around 20,000 matches.
18548 games combined Wullie )))
See the abacus I sent you DOES work.
>Yes Wullie, but someone must know how many games in the entire FOD you need to earn 9 dots! I can't see it written anywhere, who knows?

It's not the number of games that equate to dots.  It's the physical "time" playing the games.  Think about the "time" more carefully, let's use this as an example:

PLAYER 1 - 10,000 games on Connect 4 (ONLY - no other games)
PLAYER 2 - 10,000 games on Chess (ONLY - no other games)

Now, who do you think will have more dot's?  The answer is PLAYER 2, because it takes more "time" to finish 1 game of Chess than it does to finish 1 game of Connect 4.  So PLAYER 2 has more playing time.

I have 24,835 games played on FOD, 7 dots with mixed moderation history (bans etc).

I hope this clears it up a bit more.  Happy gaming.

:)

Thanks again Thunder, when you explain it like that Jock has mainly played easy BG so by that reckoning he is still about 30,000 games away from the 9th dot.
Thanks Wullie and Thunder. It looks as though I'll fall off my perch without becoming a FoD God
Jock, your ninth dot is being prepared by FOD as part of your 100th birthday celebration.
Lol Jen it will probably take that long.
You pare of cheeky bassa's have you know respect for your elders )))
hi all!I talked to the operator and I had such a problem!7-8-9 old timer can be obtained with double play time!!the dars game 2 minutes 1 billiard game 6 minutes.it is unfortunate that half of us lose old timer because of a point!lately 0 oldtimer new players insult old players and 1 mistake and lose your old timer point!!!it is unlucky that an old player loses an oldtimer after a black dot!because oldtimer gets it after 10,000 games and loses it in 1 sentence!there is a humane moderator like thor who gives black points but does not take old timer from old player!so he takes into account if an old player had a hard day or was insulted!google translate,I'm sorry, I hope it's readable:)nice day. 'cud'
❤️
Wullie HELP. Can you translate the latest entry. )))
Yes sure mate, it means that you want me to tell you what you just asked :>