« Back to All Topics
Lost game before over - incorrect ruling?
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Hi all

Can someone please explain.

I was playing a game of quick snooker earlier. The scores were 40 - 32 in favour of my opponent.
He potted the final black however the white followed it in. Surely this would make the scores 40 - 39 with the black being re spotted?

But instead my opponent was awarded the 7 points and the prompt message appeared said I had lost the game. 

I am not fussed about losing the game or my rating - I just want to know how it worked thats all :) 
 There was 8 points of a difference between your opponent and yourself,he was 8 points ahead of you,therfor only 7 points available,and you can only foul the last ball ( black ) once.
I get that, but in real snooker you cant foul on the black? 

Surely I should have been awarded the 7 points 
  I get that, but in real snooker you cant foul on the black?                                                                   
 excuse me,yes you certainly CAN foul on the black,if there was only 7 points between you and your opponent with you being 7 points behind and you needed to pot the black for a re-spot,if you fouled or went in-off it would be game over for you,but back to the point,you say your opponent went in-off when he potted the final black but you were behind 8 points so it's obvious he has already potted at the very least the pink ball too,otherwise your game would already have been over,perhaps you should have made thar clear at the start of your post..best regards,lizzy. 
 Let me put it differently,he has potted the pink puting you 8 points behind...he didn't need to play the black ball,he could have just potted the white into any pocket...because you had already lost the frame :)simple really.
Black ball will not be re-spotted. Official rules mentioned that the game ends when there is a foul in the final black. Therefore, if you watch some matches on TV, some players give up the final back if they are >7 points ahead since they have won the game. It is not necessary for them to pot.