« Back to All Topics
Double hit rule
Posted in 
Billiards
Double hit rule
Posted in 
Billiards
Double hit rule
This really is a stupid rule on snooker, pro rules. When you screw the white ball back its impossible to double hit yet it still gives the foul against me. Having played real snooker all my life I know that this is a glitch & how to avoid it in real life so please fix this.
double hit is the same as in real snook...( push shot )simple .
Its hardly a push shot when your screwing the cue ball back, simple.
think about it for a moment wulliebhoy,to put spin on the q ball,u have to send the cue thru the cue ball to develop the spin,crazy shot in my opinion,best to slide off the object ball to safety,but i do agree with u mate,have played a few of the screw shots,then it has been called a foul.glitch ?? perhaps
Yes mate its definitely a glitch as in no way is it a push shot. I have played the shots with bottom spin, top spin & no spin. Never happens in normal snooker, only pro rules, Mods here tend to ignore questions but I'm wondering if they have the ability to disable this rule or even fix the glitch.
maybe the mods will offer an explanation wulliebhoy ?? ,but don't hold your breath for one .
I never have done mate, know them too well & am not liked by them.
"When you screw the white ball back its impossible to double hit "

This is absolutely NOT true.

There are situations where you can not avoid a double hit, if the object ball is too close and you hit it hard, even if you screw the cue ball.

You should avoid playing such balls.

If you are not very keen on this rule, simply disable pro rules.

I don't mind the rule, I mind the fact that there's a glitch. 
There is no glitch, at least not in the way you mention, as it is absolutely possible to make a double hit even when screwing the white ball.
Surely screwing the cue ball increases your chances of a double hit, or am I missing something?
Maybe I am double hitting it but I have tried every way & it honestly does not look like a double hit. I play a guy called Rubiam & he feels the same & as confused as me. Maybe it is going too fast for our eyes to see it but I'd put money on it that I'm not double hitting it. Just my opinion Flyordie & I have no idea if you play the game but if so give pro rules a try & see. Also anyone else who plays pro rules I'd welcome your opinions. Thanks