« Back to All Topics
Request for new facility on Fly or Die Chess
Posted in 
Chess
Posted in 
Chess
I have a request for the Fly or Die site.

Although I am posting this for comments, I hope that Fly or Die understand that the idea is primarily addressed to themselves.

Could we have a historical record of games available for players e.g. PGN scores for the last (say) 20 game played by a user? You can export games to PGN when they are finished but sometimes your opponent challenges you a return match immediately which eliminates that option if you want to play on - which is the whole point of the site surely?

It would also be useful to those who wanted to research their opponent's game style or do a post mortem after a long match.

Obviously, the way to access this information would be within the information page for a player.

Thoughts people?

I'll need some support if this idea is to go anywhere.
Re: ..sometimes your opponent challenges you a return match immediately which eliminates that option if you want to play on...

Actually, you can use PGN export even if your opponent is asking for a return mach:
- the dialog is not modal, so you can press the PGN button while the dialog is up
- even after you start your return match PGN data won't be ereased
- you should press PGN button right before you return to the lobby: all matches played in that session will be exported in a single PGN file (each PGN file can contain multiple matches)
Thanks for feedback. I admit I hadn't noticed the way the games just kept stacking up in the PGN record for a match.

I presume that FlyOrDie do not want the bother of making a game history available from the players information page which is real pity. I feel certain that the more competitive players would have been interested in such a feature.