That brought a tear to my eyes,
It was pictures of people crying,
As they looked up to the skies,
It was of that day two years ago,
A day we will always remember,
When tragedy struck so "unjust" so "unfair",
That day, the 11th of September,
Our prayers will be with you again on this day,
As we remember what happened with such sadness and dismay...
           God Bless you All

StreamLine
urmmm isnt it a little to early..
September 11, 2001.  A day which the United States and the world will never forget.  God bless the poor souls inside those two towers whose lives were taken before they were meant to.  I pity the b@stards who were stupid enough to pull that operation off, they are paying for it now, and will be paying for it the rest of their lives and their children's lives.  God Bless America.

Semper
ummmm no one is paying for the disaster cos no one has officially been blamed for the incident...the U.S spent billions on war which resulted in further death of innocent ppl...the whole thing was a farce

that may be harsh but i do not think that killing more innocent ppl is a way of reducing the pain of those who lost loved ones and who were left to suffer the pain forever....just now more ppl are suffering...

Have a bit of respect engaged ...and nasty girl....this thing isnt something just to be remembered just ONE day of the year....otherwise im gonna wonder where u got the name nasty girl from ... 
Hmmm you ask where I got the nick Nasty maybe because.... Let's see Im not exactly Sweet. [img=
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/travesmilies/smilie_engelteuf.gif
] Oh yes we shall remember what happend on that tragic day sept 11. Yet if you hadn't noticed that mostly everyone never celebrates or remembers something usually until the day of the occasion.  But thats just my opinion.
A classic example of a decent thoughtful post being interfered with....You said it ,not sweet at all .....Nice thoughtful words Streamline by the way
ARMY

We close our eyes,
Wondering when everything will end,
Where,
We truly know it won’t.
We had wished our day be
No ****-risen battle.
For we have no choice,
Cause we are the army, and we fight as one.

As we run into battle,
All our memories come back,
Our first kiss,
The way we felt on our birthday,
How your hand perfectly fits in your wives.

You wish you could have all those back,
And to see your wife one more time knowing she’s ok.
As your getting ready to attack, 
You can see the other side.

The adrenaline running through their veins,
The sweat coming off of their face.
You wish you could end this battle, but it’ll never end.
As your general yells attack,
The men get ready.

Their feet are trying to get grip on the muddy ground,
Their hands holding the guns as if it’s their heart.
You know though,
That by doing this,
You are helping you country for a great cause.

As you and your men ride in,
Shots are ringing everywhere.
One hits the man next to you,
You have to move on,
For there is no time to grieve.

Finally you get to the other side,
Everyman is dead except you and three others.
But out of nowhere,
A helicopter comes,
You think it’s yours.

So you run quickly to it without thinking.
As you peer inside,
You realize you were very wrong.
And for a quick flash,
You remember your life and what you have,
The man shoots you down,
Everything you had,
Is now gone with the wind,
Floating away to tell your loved ones.

very nice Streamy 
once again a lovely poem that suits the mood of remembering September 11th..
it's hard to believe it has been 2 years since that day....one that personally was very difficult for me...as I worked and played in NYC for a long time... 
now... after much debate..  a new design has been chosen for what I prefer to call "The Canyon of Hero's" rather than "ground zero" or "the site"..  
unfortunately...  it could not be left alone to become a park or memorial as I wished it had...those in power decided for us which route to take for this place.....and construction has begun on this new structure... at least the actual "foot prints" of WTC 1 & 2 will remain un touched...  and marked for all to see and ponder.."this is where they stood" 
thank you again for your poem... and when I do go back there...  when ever that may be.....  I will bring a copy of your text to place there..  where it belongs..

[img=
http://virtualsolarsystem.com/mercury/webwizard/newwtc.txt
]
it said on the news that the bodies or parts of them that couldnt be identified by d.n.a,were going to be in-tombed in the new buildings,is that true...and thats not the design that was on english tv also,as aything really been decided yet?or is it just rumor,
I doubt if thats true engaged.....pretty ghoulish dont u think?
there was something like that on english t.v...
i thought that was what they decided.
i think it looks cool, but a park would have been a better there i think

Building another building on top of ground zero is like saying,"we cant replace the people who died, but hey, lets replace the building". A memorial would have been better.
Maybe is just a way to say that people souls comes back to visit the places where they were while they were bodies, or, just a symbolic memory about people and their facts.
2 years already seems like just yesterday.No one could ever forget that day I know i'll never forget it.I remember seeing the first tower burning,and I saw the second one 12 secs before it was struck.That memory keeps replaying in my head,so how could i forget:(to see the tower struck was just un unreal i wish i would have turned my head before it was hit,because thats a memory tha will haunt me forever:(
Everyone should remember that day it was a day of horror 
in the city it was a day of horror in the US,and we should never forget.ty Streamy for the poem everyone should read it ttyl tc
The design has been selected, everything but the actual memorial that will be there....
a world wide contest for that final design is still in progress.

CNN.com has a nice interactive group of pages showing this new concept by architect Daniel Libeskind.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/27/wtc.architect/

(once there..scroll down to link titled:
"Interactive: The winning plan" )

and here is Daniel Libeskind's web site showing concept drawings:

http://www.daniel-libeskind.com/

(click on "wtc press images" once there)

one of the most striking aspects of the new design has "lines" on the ground showing the routes taken by all the emergency services who responded to the WTC...all converging on the towers from every direction.

Lovely poem Stream & Cobra2000....

Yes that was a sad and tragic day.... I will never forget it, I was home sick with the flu when it happened:(
I was both in shock & horrified, seeing the innocent die & perish.... 
My prayers go out to all that have lost someone in this tragic event and for all the men & women who are fighting to end this terror & to those who lost their lives in this war .... A time in our lives we shall never forget.

May we have peace one day in our lives...

Sandy
                   IN REMEMBERANCE

Of all those people who lost there lives on this
                     tragic day

Forever in our thoughts and prayers

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

God Bless all the families and friends who lost someone dear to them on that tragic day..two years ago.
Our prayers are with you all..

We send our love to be with you all,
On this a very sad day,
As we all remember those who died,
With sadness and dismay,
Your in our thoughts and out hearts to,
For this we will always remember,
The two years past when tragedy struck "The 11th September",
I myself will sit and pray,
And pray for peace not war,
May god be with you all today,
And with you forever more..