« Back to All Topics
the chess board is wrong!
Posted in 
Chess
Posted in 
Chess
i have realised that the letters on the chess board are the wrong way round if u play black, it should go from 
H
 on the left to  
A
 on the right. But it doesnt, it goes the other way round, can u please fix it?

---------------------------------------------------------

suit you,

mr.sir
NO THEY DON'T HAVE TO know go to your room without any supper child!
Are you sure you played chess before? the letters are only arranged from H to A starting fromt he left side if you are playing as black. Otherwise, when you're white, the letters are arranged from A to H starting from the left.
messed up on first message, yes, they are arranged from H to A starting from the left when you're playing as black.
but there not, the A to H on black...
i think
hang on, ill go check
yes, when i play black the letters on the bottom go from A to H , which is wrong
You're wrong sir, I just checked. When you're playing as black, h starts from the left all the way to a to the right. Maybe something is wrong with your java program. 
its only wrong when you play...not when you observe
 oh its true baby SENIOR MASTER!! 
Sir...I am afraid you make a mistake. I've checked out the board and it seems to be right. I saw it in a chess book. I 've even designed my opwn chessboard using that same alphanumerical system. A to H at the white baseline, then 1 to 8 from the white king's rook. Take a close look at the board. You lack observation. Hey, is there anyone from Brazil out there?
Check the dates, horse.Maybe they fixed it in the 
YEAR
  it has taken you to reply.

:p
Man...I am so sorry...It's because It is the first time I enter this forum ever since I signed in here. (June 2004). I obviously wouldn´t take an year to reply a forum post, even harsh ones like yours.
it's ok just make sure it doesnt happen again :)
which reminds me .. i have to tak spywar out my computer gaain :p

~AJ
Ok man! :) Some day, let´s play, ok?