« Back to All Topics
overcurl
Posted in 
Curling
overcurl
Posted in 
Curling
overcurl
for the umpteenth time how does the rock curl 4 feet with take out weight,i am waiting for a response from fly or die,not some suggestion from players,take out is part of the game, this is not bumper pool

From the center line out? It does seem to curl a lot compared to real life but it's consistent and has been since day one I think.
It is not so much that they overcurl, the curl is consistant, but that the release is often hopelessly far away from the broom. Somehow it is easier to get the perfect line on a freeze attempt than on a big hit. To be realistic it should have been the other way around.

However, with hits being relatively difficoult it does make for fairly agressive play. But personally I would very much like to see hits being slightly more precise, and also that it should be possible to hit harder.

After all this is a curling simulator, and as such it should be as realistic as possible!

True, draws should be more unreliable and hits should be more accurate.
Well, i disagree.. The game is working just fine. If "hits" become more accurate, it will only benefit the "bombers"  Just dont use max power, and ur hits will be just as accurate as ur draws. 
 nobodysfool what's a "bomber"? 

Do you mean people who use takeouts? So you're one of those whiners about people who actually use the shots available? Do you also whine when no one guards your rocks in the house? Why complain and reveal that you're a poor sport?
Mark, nobodysfool is 100x better than you so cut the insults, you have been registered for 4 years and can only accomplish a 200 rating. You are the biggest whiner on FOD so DoNOT accuse nobodysfool of that.
Wow! When did i whine and complain? So when i make my first comment here after 3 years of playing, this is what i get in return? I never whine and complain! Ask anyone. @brb.. tks for the support mate! 
No problem, you get all types of lunatics here. Especially the guy with 170+ forum posts:D
 brb1397 "Mark, nobodysfool is 100x better than you so cut the insults, you have been registered for 4 years and can only accomplish a 200 rating. You are the biggest whiner on FOD so DoNOT accuse nobodysfool of that"

This coming from a guy who made a new forum thread just to quit? Another internet obsessed person! Great! But you didn't quit did you? You need to play internet curling to put people down and feel good about yourself. That's why whenever you try and shoot someone down in the forums, you mention their rating. NEWS FLASH, not everyone cares about an INTERNET CURLING RATING, except the people with nothing else in their life.

You complain about internet connections 
http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=40&thread=124449&message=548349&q=#548349

You complain about the rating system 
http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=40&thread=124905&message=550283&q=#550283

You insult players in the forums and tell them
 "you comment on every post like you are the best on fod. You can't make fun of others when you have no authority to."
What authority do YOU have? None? But you command other people to watch what they say, yet you run your mouth?   
http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=40&thread=125131&start=15&msRange=15

Another thread with you naming several people you don't like etc. 
http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=40&thread=54727&start=75&msRange=15

And another thread you started bashing someone else 
http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=40&thread=126071&message=556315&q=#556315

The reason I have so many posts is mostly to reply to people asking questions but you wouldn't know or see that, you just come on the forums to bash people. Read your posts and decide if you're a rational person.

Also check how many times you complain compared to how many posts you have. Nearly 100% of your posts are complaints, so YOU seem to be" the biggest whiner on FOD" It's nice to use your own words to explain who you are. As for my rating, I don't play often, I have what's known as a "life", you should get one some day and realize that internet games are just GAMES and they have no bearing on real life. Maybe if you had ANY posts on this forum helping someone, it would show you in a good light as being helpful but really, we know the kind of person you are and "helpful" isn't it, is it?
 nobodysfool

Wow! When did i whine and complain? So when i make my first comment here after 3 years of playing, this is what i get in return? I never whine and complain! Ask anyone. @brb.. tks for the support mate! 

You complained in this very thread about "bombers". It doesn't matter how often you post, you can complain once or many times or never. The amount of posts is irrelevant. 

Complaining about "bombers", is like complaining about people who "draw" a lot. It doesn't make sense. There are two shots in this game of curling and they are used for many things. Other than a freeze, guard or an un-backed draw, most rocks get hit, tapped or raised. So complaining about "bombers" is silly because you're asking you opponent NOT to hit your rocks. People whine about "bombers" all of the time, and you seem to be one of them, you use the same terminology as the whiners and you're in this thread basically saying "I don't want people to hit my rocks". So how do you think you AREN'T complaining?

You can try to be offended but own up to your complaint and stop pretending you weren't crying about "bombers".

I don't like when the player brb1397 says: "you get all types of lunatics here".
I think it's disrespectful. For many people.

Now, when Mr. MarkWallisburg says: "This coming from a guy who made a new forum thread just to quit? Another internet obsessed person".

SORRY??? I hope it's not for me this message (or I want your apologies immediately) otherwise you will have the honnor to know me very quickly differently.

I'm clear? Everybody is free in this forum to give his opinion.

Thank you.

Mark your 1000 word posts may make seem a tad crazy, take it down a notch tough guy
 brb1397 "Mark your 1000 word posts may make seem a tad crazy, take it down a notch tough guy

Of course you have no reply to anything I said. You have NO defense for your actions or words and I clearly have shown you for who you are. You can't stick to the topic or what was said, you just squirm your way out of the thread. So why don't you just go, you don't contribute to the forums anyway.
Mark you complain about everything please I beg you grow up. And I and others helped get the new rating system put in place, you have done NOTHING close to that except insult others, good day :)
 brb1397 "Mark you complain about everything please I beg you grow up. And I and others helped get the new rating system put in place, you have done NOTHING close to that except insult others, good day"

You're a joke! I show you to be a constant complainer and now a liar. You won't admit or acknowledged what drivel you've posted in these forums and that's the hallmark of a child and you tell me to grow up? What twisted reality do you live in? You can't deal with your true colors being shown so you switch to childish comments. 

You didn't do anything for the rating system, why would anyone at FoD listen to someone who only posts complaints and name calls in his posts? You have NOTHING to offer, go through all of your posts and list what positive things you've done to help anyone.

I've answered more questions TODAY than you EVER have. Keep twisting, squirming and lying, that's classic behavior from someone like you. 

Pretending to have gotten the rating system in place??? How can you even believe your own lies? You must really be baked to think anyone other than fools would believe to you.

Why won't you comment on all of your insulting / rude/ harassing posts? Do you think if you run and hide that it doesn't show you to be a constant complainer and now a liar? Running from the facts, doesn't change the facts.   

Good luck with your life, I'm sure whatever country you're in will be very happy to take care of you for your whole life. If you can't contribute to a web forum, which takes little to no effort or thought, then I can only imagine what state your life is in and will continue to be in. It just occurred to me, pointing these massive flaws in you may really hurt you, so take it as constructive criticism and just be a better person.
Hello,

Some of the posts on this topic have turned into direct insults towards each other.Few of them have already been rejected.Going forward kindly discuss the matters in a more friendly way.

If it still continues,we will be forced to close this topic and take action for forum abuse.

KANE123

FOD Moderator
 KANE123 "Hello,

Some of the posts on this topic have turned into direct insults towards each other.Few of them have already been rejected.Going forward kindly discuss the matters in a more friendly way.

If it still continues,we will be forced to close this topic and take action for forum abuse.

KANE123

FOD Moderator"

This thread is about how the game is played. Someone complained about how people play. I pointed out that it's well within the rules to use the shots available and then someone came into the thread to insult and added nothing to the conversation. 

I explained why he acted this way and how this is a pattern of behavior by showing his posts. This person lied, insulted me and twisted facts. If pointing these lies out and correcting the delusions is a problem, then so be it. 

I've only stated facts and proof to back up those facts. Any reasonable person can see that. I understand this is the internet and there are many unreasonable people but surely pointing out these unreasonable people can't be an issue.

As far as I can tell, none of my posts were "rejected" or modified, probably because I stuck to facts. If a post of mine ever crosses the line, of course delete it. 

Anyway, I've made my point and defended the topic and myself, you can of course, take any action you see fit.
These are the words of a good moderator. 
Fully agree with you KANE123.

Thanks for everybody.

Light.
Fair enough.. If i use the word "bomber", then i whine and complain? I said: "the game is working just fine". I have read some of your previous posts. "Time to "out" the runners"? Well.. Who whines and complains? And also the "300er" thread. Because you are Team Canada aswell?
Let's get back to the matter at hand.

Playing hits and their precision.

For anyone to even use an expression like "bomber" is a clear sign that you don't the first thing about real curling and how it is actually being played.

I guess it's fine if you want to play a game that more suits your preferred style of play than that of actual curling, but at least have the decency to say so!

I for one want this to be the best curling simulator around, and to keep being just that making adjustments on hitting ability is definately the way to go!

(btw wether or not I've made it past 220, should it make a difference?)
 nobodysfool "Fair enough.. If i use the word "bomber", then i whine and complain? I said: "the game is working just fine". I have read some of your previous posts. "Time to "out" the runners"? Well.. Who whines and complains? And also the "300er" thread. Because you are Team Canada aswell?"

You didn't "just use" the word bomber. You complained about "bombers" getting better. That's a complaint. I suggest you look up the definition of the word "complain" and see for yourself.

snella "Let's get back to the matter at hand.

Playing hits and their precision.

For anyone to even use an expression like "bomber" is a clear sign that you don't the first thing about real curling and how it is actually being played.

I guess it's fine if you want to play a game that more suits your preferred style of play than that of actual curling, but at least have the decency to say so!

I for one want this to be the best curling simulator around, and to keep being just that making adjustments on hitting ability is definately the way to go!

(btw wether or not I've made it past 220, should it make a difference?)"

Don't worry about your rating snella, if you have a life, it won't matter to you. Realism is the way to go with anything in real life or game. What's the point otherwise? 

nobodysfool "Fair enough.. If i use the word "bomber", then i whine and complain? I said: "the game is working just fine". I have read some of your previous posts. "Time to "out" the runners"? Well.. Who whines and complains? And also the "300er" thread. Because you are Team Canada aswell?"

So you go through nearly 200 posts of mine and only find a few where I call out runners? What does that mean? That when people say/ do foolish things, I speak up? How is that bad? I notice you didn't comment on my 150 posts answering questions or helping people. So you focus on me calling out runners MY LAST POST CALLING OUT RUNNERS WAS >>> Posted on May 22, 2011 10:13 AM. 

So you have to go back 2 1/2 years to notice me calling out runners. What happened to them? They left or created new accounts and no longer run, I call that a solution. The problem was fixed by calling them out. So what's you're complain with the posts? Are you complaining because those runners aren't here anymore?  

Where are YOUR posts helping people or answering questions?
 nobodysfool "Yawn..."

Well since you have nothing to say for yourself or actions, I assume we're done in this thread. Good day to those who wish to contribute!
Np KANE123 but mark wallisburgh is team Canada and starts bs with everyone. I dont think it takes a genius to find out he's crazy. Just ask nobodysfool, 300er, slap me silly etc. No insults just the truth that mr. Walisburgh cannot accept.
 brb1397 "Np KANE123 but mark wallisburgh is team Canada and starts bs with everyone. I dont think it takes a genius to find out he's crazy. Just ask nobodysfool, 300er, slap me silly etc. No insults just the truth that mr. Walisburgh cannot accept."

So much for not insulting anyone! Posting abbreviations for swearing and then saying "no insults"... you can't comprehend what you're doing, can you? Even when a moderator tells you you're doing something wrong, you just can't help yourself, you MUST name call and you still haven't given one example of a post you made that was constructive. What good do you provide to anyone?

My posts explain my position and you can't defend your actions or posts, so you name call. Tell us what help you've EVER provided in these forums? I have hundreds of posts helping and answering question, you have NONE.
 brb1397 "Np KANE123 but mark wallisburgh is team Canada and starts bs with everyone. I dont think it takes a genius to find out he's crazy. Just ask nobodysfool, 300er, slap me silly etc. No insults just the truth that mr. Walisburgh cannot accept."

Also, you suspect me as having a second name, then name several people, who all DO have multiple names? What sense does this make?
it is not so much being a bomber,but even simple take outs,sometimes it used to clear a path to the button when you have hammer,or remove guards etc,agree also why should i have to put up guards if you need the points,but nonetheless this is the best simulator out there
 dandoo - "it is not so much being a bomber,but even simple take outs,sometimes it used to clear a path to the button when you have hammer,or remove guards etc,agree also why should i have to put up guards if you need the points,but nonetheless this is the best simulator out there"

True. People complain when they draw their first stone into the house and then I hit/ move it. They say I should put up guards, like it's my job to guard their stones. Laughable!

People also complain when I move guards over or peel guards, so I can get to the rings later. 

People complain. Period.
just played a game,opponents rock didnt curl more than a foot on take out ,then mine moves close to 4 feet on smae shot? please explain to me this,we both swept our rocks and the line wasnt much different
dandoo "just played a game,opponents rock didnt curl more than a foot on take out ,then mine moves close to 4 feet on smae shot? please explain to me this,we both swept our rocks and the line wasnt much different"

Was his rock moving faster than yours?
Again, dandoo, it is not that it "curled" more, it's that the delivery was tighter on the broom.

Not always hitting the broom is realistic enough, my issue with it is that hits should be at least as much to the broom as draws. If the power bar went further, I'd understand why maximum speed would be less precice, but the hardest hit here is nowhere close to the speed that the top teams in the world (even on the women's side) throw with great accuaracy.
If the draw weights are so consistent, the curl for upweight shots should be just as consistent.
 mrbeijingles "If the draw weights are so consistent, the curl for upweight shots should be just as consistent."

I agree. Draws should be more "out of wack" then light take out weight.