« Back to All Topics
Automatic dead stone markup
Posted in 
Go
Posted in 
Go
From now on, dead stones will be automatically marked by the server. Hope this will solve the pass/reject abuse.
This is fantastic news! A missing feature long existing on other sites- this will solve a lot of problems and weed out a lot of idiots! Thanks!
I love this idea... but there is an error in the seki rule. I played a game and my opponents stones were marked dead... it wa a seki pls fix this, this one mistake can mess up a  game 
About time!
And yes, there's a seki marking problem..
I like the intent here, but really this is the wrong approach.  This problem is too gnarly.  You can't solve it this way.  You would need a top level go program and even then you would run into corner-cases where the algo would be wrong.  No dedicated Go server does this and there is a good reason for it.

Thanks for trying.
Automatic markup will take seki into account now.
Please note, that eyes in seki still count in territory. This will be fixed later. (Previously, you was not able to mark stones alive in seki at all.)

We are aware of the fact that automatic markup won't be 100% accurate. However, we believe that the number of cases where the winner of a match is incorrectly decided due to this inaccuracy will be relatively small to the number of previous pass/reject abuses.

i like the idea.i played go a few times when i was 18 but havnt played it since apart from a few times on here.i dont know which stones to mark and automatically will make it a lot easier for me.
i understand the game but have very little experience in playing it.
I think this is a great improvement. Particularly, because is seems to mark correctly (up to now), which is far from trivial in some cases. Good job!
Hi, this system is great, but still not flawless (see picture in the link). I can imagine why it is so hard though. Great job !

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8586/85gl.jpg
There is still a seki problem. I have a screenshot of a game I recently played and as a result of the seki, I lost.

http://flickr.com/gp/101266413@N08/s33ac6

http://senseis.xmp.net/?BentFourInTheCorner

The group was dead indeed, the machine just knew more than you.
i just played a game that it gave me a loss because it marked my stones as dead when it was his that were dead, here was the game
(;FF[4]GM[1]AP[FlyOrDie Go:?]
SZ[15]RU[Japanese]TM[1800]
PB[smiter34]BR[42]BL[1365]
PW[iceiggle]WR[26]WL[1389]
DT[2013-09-06]EV[Online game]
PC[
http://www.flyordie.com/go/
]
RO[1]RE[W+10]
;B[dd];W[lm];B[ld];W[mk];B[cl];W[md];B[lb];W[lc];B[kc];W[mc];B[jd];W[le];B[kd]
;W[lf];B[gd];W[cm];B[bm];W[dm];B[cj];W[bn];B[al];W[dl];B[ck];W[dk];B[hl];W[hm]
;B[im];W[gm];B[ik];W[gl];B[gk];W[fk];B[gj];W[fj];B[gi];W[jl];B[il];W[ij];B[jk]
;W[jj];B[kk];W[kl];B[lj];W[lk];B[kj];W[jh];B[mh];W[lh];B[mi];W[mg];B[ng];W[nf]
;B[oh];W[mj];B[li];W[ki];B[nj];W[nk];B[oj];W[ok];B[ni];W[cc];B[bb];W[bc];B[cb]
;W[dc];B[db];W[ec];B[eb];W[ed];B[de];W[dj];B[di];W[be];B[cg];W[bg];B[bh];W[cf]
;B[df];W[dg];B[ch];W[eg];B[ef];W[ff];B[fg];W[eh];B[ei];W[fi];B[fh];W[fe];B[hf]
;W[fd];B[hg];W[gc];B[hd];W[hc];B[gb];W[fb];B[fa];W[hb];B[fc];W[ce];B[bd];W[bf]
;B[ac];W[mb];B[ka];W[id];B[ie];W[ic];B[je];W[jb];B[kb];W[hj];B[hk];W[ih];B[hh]
;W[hi];B[in];W[jn];B[hn];W[gn];B[jm];W[kn];B[km];W[ll];B[jo];W[ln];B[go];W[fo]
;B[ho];W[en];B[ko];W[lo];B[io];W[nm];B[an];W[cn];B[og];W[of];B[gf];W[ej];B[ge]
;W[jf];B[ig];W[jg];B[ke];W[kf];B[if];W[bo];B[am];W[ao];B[bk];W[ma];B[la];W[];B[]
;TR[df:ef][de][dd][id][gc:ic][hb][jb];AE[df:ef][de][dd][id][gc:ic][hb][jb]TB[bl][oi][gh][nh][gg][he][jc][ab][fb][ib][aa:ea][ga:ja]TW[co:eo][mo:oo][dn][fn][mn:on][em:fm][mm][om][el:fl][ml:ol][ek][ii:ji][kh][kg:lg][mf][me:oe][nd:od][nc:oc][nb:ob][na:oa]
)

smiter34:

As best I can tell the issue was not with the score estimator but with unresolved situations in the game (unfinished ko at f14, white being able to live outright by forcing with c12). 
there is wrong dead stones at my game today and another times too.can't you do batter job?

It works fine , one just have to finish the game till the point he is sure it will work fine.