« Back to All Topics
Tournaments
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Tournaments
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Tournaments
Why there are no tournaments in snooker lite and sinuca? Is there an odds that they will be at one time?
I guess these games need to become more popular to qualify for tournaments.

Merv
Any explanation for Bank Pool tournaments then? I'm not sure about Sinuca but I'd love to see a Lite tourny...
Billiard games are well represented in tournaments.

Go has a room full of players every day but only gets one 9x9 tourney a month.  With the new clocks, we could easily add a monthly 13x13 Go Tourney.  15 seconds "shot clock" and 3(or 5) minutes "thinking time" over a 2 hour event would do nicely.

Thanks
Hello, 
Regarding the go tournament it would be nice to have another tournament each month, but the 9x9 is perfectly fine. The time constraints during the tournament give ample time for players to make competent and wise moves with out taking to long. Adding a "shot clock" would only help players with a vast amount more experience than some of us on here. I agree with erjc about having another monthly tournament but to go to the shot clock system found in curling and backgammon will in no way help the go game here. Go is no way like Backgammon and curling. In competitive and close games many moves if not all moves require a great deal of thought. Please do not implement a shot clock to a game which has no "shots". Only deeply thought out moves. Many of us need time to make good moves and in my opinion this makes the game more enjoyable for both parties. I don't want to be rushed and I don't want my opponent rushed. The game is much better when both sides can make the best possible moves. There is nothing wrong with the time constraints in go.
Thank you.
KBAD out... ~
In snooker lite be solid great clutter up in championships. perhaps at one time these games will be more popular.