« Back to All Topics
Can't Lose Points By Winning, Huh !!
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Hopefully, a MODERATOR, & others who responded sarcastically to one of my recent posts will see this. I mentioned, several days ago, how ABSURD this new scoring system is & how you can actually LOSE points by WINNING. For the past 2 days I have played here, simply to compile information about this HORRENDOUS scoring system. I have played against others with ratings from "0" to "436"...& played 1, 2 & 4 end games, just to prove how ridiculous the awarding & deducting of points has become. Here is a sample:

2-end game  283(my rating)vs 171  Win  8-0 Gain 4 pts.
2-end game  287  "    "   vs 151  Win  4-0 Gain 4 pts.

2-end game  280  "    "   vs 120  Win  4-0 Gain 8 pts.
4-end game  280  "    "   vs 160  Loss 3-2 Lose 8 pts.

2-end game  277  "    "   vs  68  Win  5-0 Gain 7 pts.
2-end game  301  "    "   vs 273  Win  5-0 (after 1 end) -
he "runs" & I Gain 7 pts. The scoreboard shows 10-0, but the results page shows 5-0.

1-end game  289  "    "   vs   0  Loss 1-0 Lose 3 pts.
1-end game  286  "    "   vs 169  Loss 1-0 Lose 3 pts.

2-end game  309  "    "   vs 163  Win  3-2 Lose 3 pts. **

If you can't see the obvious errors with this type of scoring system, then you undoubtedly did not pass Grade 3 math. For those who comment with, "It's about winning the game, no matter if it's 1-0 or 9-0, here's proof that your theory DOES NOT WORK! I WON a game 3-2 & LOST points!!

I have the names of each opponent as well, & some of this information will still be on the results pages for myself & the other players...if there are 'doubters' out there.

Finally, "Wallisburgh" & "The Rake" need not respond. Your comments are equal to asking a GOAT to give his views on 'Political unrest in Syria' or 'Antarctic ice formations.'

Remember, how I mentioned that this would lead to fewer games being played. Earlier tonight, in the lobby, there were 15 players. 12 had their 'Alarm Clocks' on, 2 had 'Do Not Disturb' signs & the final player...was ME. Sure tough to find a game here anymore!!
That was not a 2-end match, but two separate match.
Of course you can lose points if you win one and lose one against a lower rated player.

I suggest you set the number of ends to the amount you wish to play. If it was a real 2-ender match, you would have gained 4 points for your 3-2 win.
Then you need to adjust the settings, so that back-to-back 1 end games, against the same opponent is EXACTLY set the same as if it were a 2 end game.
Scoring system is about winning games now, so everything looks to be ok. If you set number of ends in a game to 1, why do you expect system to treat it differently? If you want a 2 ends game, just set number of ends to 2, it's not possible to make it more simple...
AH HAH! Winston caught in is own web of weirdness again.

SET THE NUMBER OF ENDS! END of story.
uh maybe there are fewer people in the Lobby because the nice weather is arriving and curling season is over. I noticed  this last summer too. OR maybe folks are just fed up with the verbal diarrhea that comes out in Winston's posts and have started to systematically mute him.
Hello,

I do not think that the fact that the sun has explained that there are fewer people on the games. I've been here since 2004 and there have always been many players in most games. But since last year and this year (even in winter) There are a lot less crowded. There are too many people banned unfairly. There are people I've known for years that have never insulted and are found permanent banned ...

With regard to the points system. make a screenshot of your stats. Know that the more you play the games against the same players, the less points you earn after. Also note that most of the players you play low score less points you earn. If you have 450 points and 100 points your opponent and win 3-2. It is normal that you lose points. Everything depends on the games but it can go up to 10 or 15 points.
I agree about the bans!

But the ratings system has changed recently. It is not what you say at least.
The banhammering Mods have been removed recently.  The ones that remain actually do some research before meting out justice.
That said, Mods are human and volunteers.  Many thanks to them, past and present.
i played a 10 end game today won 8-7 won six ends lost 4 pts on my rating. but you know what its just a number on a screen who cares i mean is anyone getting a check in the mail for their  good rating? If so let me in on it. Not that im good enough to get one but at least ill know what's so important. I mean man its a game. Maybe they should just not have a rating and just give wins and losses. This is kind of silly to worry about.
If you set the game to 10 ends, and win you'd get like 25 point or something.

If played 10 ends without it set, then your results are correct.
I have 75 points played 2 ends against my opponent 336 pts I won 3 to 0 and only moved up to 77 ?
yes, It took me a while to figure that out. Silly me I thought since it put 10 up there at start that 10 was a game. I am new to curling.Never curled in real life.But maybe some definitions are in order feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

An end:After each player has thrown 8 rocks

a game: varies depending on what players set the number to be BEFORE starting no more than 10.(unless maybe ties)

Note: if no number of ends are set then EACH end counts as game and ratings given out accordingly.

Ratings are given after completing game according to difference in rating between players at BEGINNING OF game.    

Now i realize that getting a PHD is hard work and you probably have a lot on your mind but that's about as easy as it gets to understand. Also about everyone being busy or DND sign is on I can't say for sure but I have been told that alot of people don't want to play YOU.
I couldn't figure out why until last week I played you in Tournament. You won then started complaining about as you put it"playing frigging horeshoes" Someone shouldn't win then complain about it. Bad sportsmanship.
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian
Malti