« Back to All Topics
Lack of respect
Posted in 
Billiards
Lack of respect
Posted in 
Billiards
Lack of respect
Does anybody else get annoyed with the constant lack of respect in today's batch of gamers in 8 ball rooms 1 + 2? 

I mean, there were the days everyone played each other, said gl/gg/ty and had conversations etc.. i certainly remember them when I started out back in '06. But it's gradually worsened over the years.

For example, running. It's not common amongst anyone higher rated (1) to (6), and very common lower than that, and true the updates have made it possible to choose 3 or 5 frames now, which is better for subs. Even running when you've lost is annoying now, with 30 second ads in between.

Sorry for the rant guys, it's just, all the newer players don't seem to care about the game, and the older players who have been here and made friends in the process, we've got to put up with this behaviour and disrespect, does anyone agree? 
It's spilled over into snooker now. gone are the days when you would get a 'sry' when your opponent flukes a shot.
Sign of the times I'm afraid.
As long as we (the older genration) continue to show respect and have a friendly manner it might "rub off" onto the newer genration of FOD users. 

ThUnDeR
Senior FlyOrDie Moderator
I agree with you...
I started playing snooker in 2003 I think.
The evolution of respect in these games is the same as the evolution of respect of pupils to teachers.
I know about it as I am a teacher.

In power snooker yesterday I went 26-0 up with 13:00 left, this made my opponent very angry and after seeing previous chats with others he decided to tell me he wished death upon my newborn child who is barely weeks old. That sick comment was smothered in with 10 further minutes of his views on my life...

I don't get upset about these kids that think they can bully people over the internet, but unless I know people I think im going to mute people when I enter a game, thats how downhill FOD is going IMO. 
There is a mute button for a reason if someone is being disrespectful use it, I'm not one of these people who think you have to say hello and good luck every game and sorry after every fluke, to be quite frank I come here to play the game not to chat and make friends and have even been disrespected myself for not conforming to what alot of people think is respectful with the gl's and ggs comments. Who cares. If I dont want to talk to you thats my choice, if people dont want to respect you its thiers. mute them and dont play them again. Simple.
i dont apologize for flukes.if you know you have little chance of potting and take the shot and pot a ball,then you are not sorry it happened there for no reason to apologize.
im polite in league and if someone in polite to me in room 1 or 2 or other games i am usually polite back.
Nobody comes to play games to chat, and it's only normal to get frustrated when the run of the balls is against you.

So, I dont care if i dont get gl,sry,ty and all that rubbish, but you shouldnt expect abuse 70% of the time you win a game.

Another example: In snooker lite there is 1 person that likes to follow me on multiple nicks, -CR24- Ruben C. etc. I can go afk in lobby for 2 minutes and i come back to a chat box full of immature abuse lol. 

I know my posts are slightly offtopic to the OP, but the fact of the matter if FOD used to have a general much nicer community than now, thats all
I am currently a brown ball talent rating,but i just come on here to play for fun,however i have noticed that if the player im playing has luck and beats me i always say well played,but if on the other hand i have the luck and win i get abuse and some of the things i have had said to me is pure evil,not saying that its all about luck as when i have hit  40 breaks and won i still get it.The thing is a lot of players on this site are teenagers some under 16,so i do think this site should be moderated properley before some bad incident occurs and then flyordie would be in big trouble.Take it from me flyordie you are a great site, but you really need to look after it more and see whats been said on here.
it snowballs. i can think of a few who have turned a lot of people on here the same way. it doesnt take long, and also i have responded to a stream of abuse with a swift gofkyrslf or whatever, and then a mod will come in and demerit me, and leave the subscriber with the wholly big gob and a insult or comment on every shot alone. no demerit nothing. and also i have tried to use the report abuse button and that just says error report bug to the ops.  it seems even though we earn them money through visiting their ad based website, we as non subscribers can basically gofkourselves. however i think if all non subscribers left, there wouldnt many rooms with players in at all. i dont know the percentages but i would say at a guess only 10% of users are subscribed in the rooms i go to.
in terms of abuse i think a lot of people i speak to say that they get agitated more and more due to not believing the game plays fair. that it is fixed somehow or cheating going on. after playing thousands of snooker games not only here but in real life, it is hard to get me to believe that some of these top players can pot balls backwards into blind pockets everytime, yet have no idea the angle the cue ball goes, so its ridiculous pot after ridiculous pot,like stephen hendry on speed, but dont have a clue how the balls react in any other way. that reeks of a fix or cheating, and maybe just maybe thats the reason for the decline in good spirit and politeness across the fly or die website. in other games for example like backgammon, if you are trying to have me believe the dice are random, then you are basically insulting my intelligence.I have had mods tell me off for my opinion in the chat rooms so i thought i would throw it out on here to gauge opinion on it. if the message gets through at all.
in terms of abuse i think a lot of people i speak to say that they get agitated more and more due to not believing the game plays fair. that it is fixed somehow or cheating going on. after playing thousands of snooker games not only here but in real life, it is hard to get me to believe that some of these top players can pot balls backwards into blind pockets everytime, yet have no idea the angle the cue ball goes, so its ridiculous pot after ridiculous pot,like stephen hendry on speed, but dont have a clue how the balls react in any other way. that reeks of a fix or cheating, and maybe just maybe thats the reason for the decline in good spirit and politeness across the fly or die website. in other games for example like backgammon, if you are trying to have me believe the dice are random, then you are basically insulting my intelligence.I have had mods tell me off for my opinion in the chat rooms so i thought i would throw it out on here to gauge opinion on it. if the message gets through at all.
what you say is true, it is a reality today, a very good choice to talk about now is a major debate.
I have sometimes got rattled and been a little sarcastic, but not abusive. But I have to agree with the previous comment regarding possible hacks, or the game being rigged.
I, also, play a bit live. For my white to go down is a rare thing. Here it goes down without mercy. In my case about 1 in five hits. I play very softly, so it is not a matter of blasting the balls out of sight.
I did once, find a way to make a screen shot and I did see that, on that one occasion, the rebound of the white gave no resemblance to the normal laws of geometry!
But, I suspect, on the other side of the coin, that there are quite a percentage of extremely good players who have, for carious egoistic reasons, got themselves to the bottom again. To play these guys, at my low level of skill, has no enjoyment whatsoever.