« Back to All Topics
Bo games - "new"concept with scoring
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
In the billiards games you have the 3? and 5? game type. This gives eventually +2 or +3 to the winner. In curling I want almost the same thing, only difference is that it's not   the number of ends you win, but if you win the match or not. I can see this working quite well, as the game of curling should appreciate players trying to win the game instead of playing all out for maximum points in each end. If the game rewarded smart tactical play more I think the curling game would suit up towards reality. The loser should not be given rating points for a loss in this format. Winner takes it all. Like if you have 2 ends the winner should get a score 2-0 even if it really was 5-4. And accordingly, a game of 10 ends should yield something like 5-0 to the winner no matter the score. 

This option can simply be added with the same design as it currently is in billiards. 
I totally agree, but I totally see Flyordie not doing anything about it, haven't seen them do anything about any of our concerns.

Curling is about winning the game no matter how many ends there are. Who cares about giving up one point? In fact real curlers are glad to give up a point with the lead to get the hammer back.

I think this is too similar with the current skin format
Huh? Skins are different from this.

Read my last post.  

Curling is not about winning a specific end. It's about winning the whole game no matter the score.
@mark:
I see the similarity, however it does change the rating system without really changing it. 

It should be able to be set together with the skin format. It would be similar to the "best of" matches you see in pool, but I am not sure if you should get +10 for winning a 10 end game and +8 for winning a 8 end game. This would surely make it more tempting for players to agree to play more ends, and would make the game more enjoyable for those who wants to. Those who wants to play the "old" few-end games can continue to do that ofc.

In short:

The options I would like to see added are:

2? 4? 6? 8? 10?

It is already implemented in billiards, and it shouldn't be tough to implement in curling as well.
You can already set the number of ends if that's what you're wondering. 

You don't need to Agree with the other player to play a certain amount of ends... You play here enough you should know that.

Whether you set the number of ends or not though the rating system still goes per end.
i think we should have a best out of 3 and 5 set match with each set having 5,7,9 ends, whoever wins the majority of the games in each set should win the set, for example in a set of 3 first to 2 win the set!!! therefore in a set of 5 ends first to win 3 ends is the winner, this makes each end more important rather than givin 1 in a end against the hammer so you can get 2 or more with the hammer the next. this will create more competitive games!!!... something like tennis u have to hold when u have the hammer and a steal could win u the set!!