« Back to All Topics
Cheating, what about the real rules
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
My friends, Is it possible to do anything about a form of cheating outside of the real snooker rules but OK on FOD snooker? I refer to players deliberately not trying to hit a ball in the hope of achieving a better position. For example, they are snookered, but rather than try a risky shot to get out of the snooker and hit the object ball, they will tap the cue ball into open space so only give away 4 and not risk a free ball etc. In real snooker it is against the rules not to try to hit the object ball, but here it is fine, if unsportsmanlike. Players doing it - and there are many - don't even thing it is wrong - well I suppose it isnt in FOD snooker...

Apologies if this is an old complaint, but I wondered what others thought

Allot of people do this and always have done, it's called a "Pro Foul". If you subscribe and go to "Settings" in your game screen, you can choose the "Pro Rules" option, this illuminates pro fouls and therefore, if your opponent attempts to play a pro foul, you can replace the ball back so that they have to play that particular shot again.

Regards,
Sullivan88
Sullivan88 is right you can eliminate this by subscribing so that you can then have the option of pro rules BaizeGrazer  but I understand your frustrations on this because as you say it is very unsportsmanlike and is really annoying, however even in pro rules there are cheats that the unsportsmanlike player like to do when they do not want to take a shot they just merely wait until that option is gone by and do it in play ....the move Sullivan88 refers to is only at the beginning of the game on the break on pro rules  and once in play they can continue to take the shot you refer too :( but it is worth subscribing because with pro rules it is less likely to happen because the ones that play pro rules are subs and want to avoid the cheats and the smashers and bangers (flukers) that win the games by only hoping it will go in ... good luck in your games look forward to seeing you play pro rules ....hope this makes sense 
Thank you both very much, I will certainly check that out, BG
I think its a shame that even non subscibers have to put up with this, as in real snooker the ball gets replaced automaticaly and its a foul.Flyordie do a great job making the rules as true to real snooker as possible. It would be good if just that one golden rule of snooker was in Flyordie snooker, then it would be even more like the real game that it is now.
its a grey area, the miss rule is ok but it has basically meant now, that even if i do make an attempt to get out of the snooker, i.e coming off 4 cushions and missing the red by 1 millimetre i have to try and try again, even if getting out of the snooker is impossible. unless i give you the chance to win the frame, or give the frame away for continually making a valid effort but failing to get out of a snooker. it is deemed that i havent ried, the miss rule in real snooker is still dividing opinion, i can no longer try to get out of a snooker and leave it safe at the same time.i must give an advantage, even if my opponent fluked this snooker to begin with.