« Back to All Topics
teaching
Posted in 
Go
teaching
Posted in 
Go
teaching
I'm only about 2k, but I feel like I can offer some help to the lower level players on this site. If you are between 30k and 10k and would like lessons (teachings games and reviews, not offering lectures or anything) than either reply here or send me a message at the username blitzkraig on kgs. I'd prefer to do most of the teaching games on kgs, but I'd play here as well (we just wouldn't be able to review after). I'm not charging, but I'm also only going to accept one or two people and it would be on a pretty casual basis (maybe 2-3 days a week). I live in the US, so trying to coordinate schedules with euro/asia players might be a bit difficult. Just let me know if you're interested.
Anyways, as a side-note, I tried to post this message before and it never showed up... not sure if it was something i said or if the mods just never got around to approving it, so if this ends up being a double post than yeah... sorry.
Hello
I am new and just beginning to learn how to play go.  I love the game but am a terrible player.  I am looking for a tutor, and would be very happy to pay for the lessons  Would you be interested in teaching me?
I warn you.  I am an atrocious player.
Hi.  I'm not exactly a genius when playing go, and I don't know how to figure out if I am a kyu or dan or anything.  I have played against tanu100, and she/he is really hard to beat.  I just figured out that you taught go to tanu100, and that you taught at all, and I have been longing a go teacher for months.  Just as Tanu, I would not mind paying.  I don't think my computer will let me go on kgs, but It might work one day.
Another thing, I'm not sure if I'm posting at the right place.  Someone tell me if I'm not on the go teaching site.
I could definitely use some tutoring. I have a basic grasp of the rules and basic tactics, but end up getting overwhelmed, especially on a large board.
i cant exactly follow what everyone else is doing although i understand a little about the game... help?
Sorry I haven't replied on here in a while. I've been really busy with work/real life lately. As such, I haven't got a whole lot of time for teaching, but if you'd like a teaching game about once a week I'd be willing to help out. As previously stated, my username on KGS is blitzkraig. If you'd like to get in touch with me, that would be the best place to go about doing so as its kind of tedious to arrange a teaching game through FoD forums since we have to wait on mod's to approve each message. (To do so go to the top menu on kgs, user tab, select leave a message and send it to username "blitzkraig".)

Also, just to clarify, I'm from the United States, so I would prefer players who can be online around the same times as me (1-7pm CST). I attempted to do this with another player but the difference in timezones made it impossible to coordinate a game. I also only speak English, so if you are not a native English speaker we may have difficulties. I'm really only wanting to take on 1 or 
maybe
 2 students. 

All that being said, I'm roughly 2-3k by kgs standards. I can't teach you everything, and I can't get you to dan levels, but I can help out with beginners/ddk's. Message me to make arrangements. Thanks
I need a teaching game is any1 available to this 4 me?