« Back to All Topics
Do you really understand c4??
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Far more important than getting the right moves is understanding the meaning behind the moves you make. For people who play this game out from their memory then explaining the reason behind their moves will be a challenge. Oh why did I bother with all that text? I am sure you get the point now.

4363756566533252.. the right answer here is 1

Task here is to tell me why 1 is right.

417444747756233322322543.. answer is 3

Task here is.. you get the point

Bonjour,

on met deux pour l'obligé à mettre 4, puis après on remets deux ( et lui est obligé encore une fois de metrte deux pour nous contré ) pour "préparé" notre impaire qui va contré son impaire, puis après il nous suffit de mettre 1 ou 5 pour avoir notre paire qui va protégé notre impaire et par la suite pour finalement gagné en colonne 4 ligne 4!  ( je pense que même les moyens joueurs savent ça )

Là il faut remettre 3. car le deuxième joueur a une impaire en 1. donc il nous faut soit 3 impaire pour le contré. soit une double ligne! En mettant 3 on bloque sa paire avant notre impaire! Il nous reste plus qu'à monter soit en 5 puis 6, soit 6 puis 5...

TRADUCTION :

Hello, 

it takes two to have to put four, then two hands later we (and he is forced once again we countered metrte for two) for "prepared" our odd going countered his odd, then after we just put one or five for our pair that will protect our odd and then finally won in column four four-line! (I think even the players know it means)

There must submit three. because the second player has an odd one. So we must be countered for the three odd. is a double line! By making it three blocks before his pair our odd! It remains for us to be up in five and six, six and five ...

( note : I do not know if this has translated )
Hmm did you mess up the move list for the first one? I think it should be 4363756566533
. The answer is 1 because you need to block the even otherwise you won't be able to make your odd later.

The second one is 3 because p2 already has an odd on the first column, and if you let him take c6 he will also take e4 when you make your odd on the right, so he will win with double odds.

Here's an easy one: 

The answer is 1. Why?
Oops in the last one I forgot to include "7" move at the end, it should be p1 move!
After 44455551113357, Red threatens to play 4 which undercuts the White odd threat on the left side (ex: White plays 4, Red plays 1). So, White has to play 1 now to stop this undercutting threat. Now if Red plays 4, White can play 4, and his odd threat on the left will stand. 

Here is another one I am curious to hear some explanation:
White to play only wins with 1. Why?
This game is so small, there is nothing to understand - stop acting like its science..

That said, there is alot of good players with hardly any knowledge of the more advanced positions, even though their perfect in all 10 starts. 

If you want that "deeper" knowledge, you have got to focus on being a perfect breaker, not a perfect starter.
It is way harder to be perfect in breaking, than being perfect in starts. (...), ive said this how many times now? :)

[Edited by: Mervin on 17.04.2012 19:33]
white? he has that blue and red. blanc is player 2?
Bonjour, pour chubbyp

41 53 76 64 44 64 66. réponse est 1 car si on ne joue pas en 1. le deuxième jouera aura toujours deux paires. Si le premier joueur joue en 1. Il bloque l'impair ( difficile à expliquer mais facile dans la pratique )

TRADUCTION :

Hello. for chubbyp 

41 53 76 64 44 64 66. answer 1. because if you do not play in one. The second play will always be two pairs. If the first player plays in one. It blocks the odd (hard to explain but easy in practice)

Good puzzles being posted but lets change it up a little. Try this problem.

Assume that from then on, red goes 3. This would be a mistake. First why is it a mistake? Second, find the right move instead of 3. 

hello

13372336556655.. if red play 3.

13372336556655..35 22 35 11 67... 

this is not good because the red will be a odd column 2, line 5, but the blue will have a pair or line 6 column 6 column 4 row 4 and column 1 in an odd line 5 which goes against the odd red ...

The answer is so easy just play 5 and 3 in blue and red one ...