« Back to All Topics
Anger at being marked as a cheat
I am so angry as I write this at being marked as a cheat! I know how I feel about playing people marked as a cheat, basically I won't play them! So I'm sure people won't play me until this 'evaporates' in its own sweet time. I want a REFUND of my membership as i am being stoppped from playing due to an inadequate system that not only accuses people of cheating but punishes them as if guilty regardless of real proof. Again I am so angry about this! Fly or Die Please respond promptly!      
I dont think you will be getting a refund thats all im gonna say that sorry 
stop dam cheating then lol :d cause its sad
The red ! signs does not mean you cheat, it simply warns other users that "you MIGHT use a program".

>I want a REFUND of my membership

This wont happen.

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator

I am angry about this as well.  Who evaluates your skill?  I do NOT use a program and I am being marked as a cheat.  People will not play you and you lose respect.  I have played Othello/Reversi for over 30 years and because a player with lesser skills cannot beat me, I'm using a program?, C'mon!  There needs to be a better system.  The moderators are not doing their jobs and I am so livid that I am considering not only asking for a refund, but letting everyone on FB know that the Fly or Die is not a stress reliever as it once was.  Who needs the aggravation?  A better system needs to be in place to distinguish those with skill as opposed to those who are sore losers.
Said it in the Billiards section (dont know where)

for me this game is just for fun and thats it
to many people take it to seriously and even sometimes when you challenge someone whos highly more rated than you example im just over 200 rating on 9 ball and i sometimes challenge people more than 400 or more and they reject pretty much purely because of my rating really

FOD seems to be dying in some aspects and thats coming from someone who has generally not played these games for long
"The red ! signs does not mean you cheat, it simply warns other users that "you MIGHT use a program".

Sorry Thunder, you are missing the point, please re read my comment. Though actually your statement (copied above) hightlights the huge flaw in Fly or Dies approach to this problem.
If you are not guilty, which clearly so many are not, the way this system works it implies that Fly or Die doesn't care, they will still 
punish
 you by adding the "you MIGHT use a program" mark and so the accused suffers from the obvious response you would expect from being labeled a possible cheat! I appreciate this is a difficult problem to solve however it does need to be addressed. 

It is not a difficult problem for them to fix if they cared about their subscribers.  I talked with a moderator and he/she informed that a complex logarithm is used to catch suspect program users.  My response to this is that the formula needs to be recalculated.  It is simply not a fair system.
Bonjour, je suis d'accord certains joueurs n'ont pas de programme et ont le signe. C'est inadmissible ! Et dire qu'une personne utilise PROBABLEMENT un programme, cela revient à ne rien dire ! C'est comme par exemple si une personne ne dit rien ou qu'elle dise "peut-être que je triche", au final personne ne sait si elle triche ou pas... 

Système pour lutter contre les programmes : au bout d'un certains nombre de changement de page, disons 3 fois par PARTIE ! ( si un joueur HONNETE veut changer de page pour mettre une musique ou autre ) et au bout de la quatrième fois, la personne est déconnecté et laisse victoire à l'autre personne! Et 3 changements de page pour les programmes, ils n'iront pas loin... Car personnellement le signe ne sert à rien! à part accuser des innocents, et la plupart des joueurs qui utilisent un programme n'ont pas le signe... Là il ne pourront pas y échapper ( sauf les gens qui ont plusieurs PC ce qui est plus rare )

Cela a été approuver par beaucoup de joueurs... 

Bon jeu à tous ! 

TRADUCTION :

Hello, I agree some players do not have a program and have the sign. This is unacceptable! And to think that someone is PROBABLY using a program, this amounts to saying nothing! It's like for example if a person is silent or she says "maybe I'm cheating" in the end nobody knows if she is cheating or not ...

System to fight against programs: after a certain number of page turning, say three times a PARTY! (  if an HONEST player wants to change a page to put music or other) and after the fourth time the person is offline and let the other person win! And three changes to the programs page, they will not go away ... Personally because the sign is useless! apart from accusing innocent people, and most players who use a program did not indicate ... There he can not escape (except the people who have multiple PCs which is rarer)

This has been approved by many players ...

Have fun with it!

I know , its sad . i used to play 4inarow til i got the sign then i quit cause everyone was being rude to me calling me a cheater. its very sad . im a subscriber and a pro player at 4inrow but all i get is a big red sign right besides my name :_| all the friends i had on 4inrow hate me now so i just had to quit X-( 
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian
Malti