« Back to All Topics
~ Tanx rating system ~
~ Tanx rating system ~
~ Tanx rating system ~
I had a discussion with the people in tanx chat room to remember how tanx make tanx members such ourselves to be able manage being addicted of this game. However when we were all newbies, the one main thing that DAZZLES us to play this game was seeing the people have the stars. I strongly believed if flyordie change the rate system and be able to have more people to become generals. I want to see there's three star and four star in tanx, so that way, it's can dazzle the new players to play this game. I totally understand there might be risk of more bankers, but we got more moderators in this game and very active moderator in this game. This is only way to get the community lot stronger if we get that thing fixed. Thanks. 
I was a part of that discussion as well and I must say I agree that it's actually a good idea to change the constant K in formula, e.g. from "4" to "16". I see several benefits of that system:
1. Players could gain points more easily, so they could get additional motivation to try on and on to reach next ranks (especially newcommers, in that case seeing your success is especially important).
2. It wouldn't change the content of the game: since it's a constant - points would still resemble who is stronger or weaker. Bankers still wouldn't get away with high rating.
3. As TrA mentioned, stars DO dazzle players ^_^, which means more activity from their side.
The only problem that comes to my head is that rating in tanx would be uncomparable with other flyordie games. In that case we could try the different value of a constant, e.g. K=8 or K=12, leaving the formula developed on the basis of rating system by prof. Elo.

Artik,
FlyOrDie Tanx Moderator.