« Back to All Topics
TA & Digger Clan Leadership Status
Hey everyone.

Got an e-mail from TylerUK today about transfering clan leadership.  As far as I can recall, we can't elect a new leader with more than 50% inactive characters.  We can either boot inactive characters or make a bunch of new accounts just to stuff the ballot box.

Deputies can do almost everything a leader can, so I can easily give deputy status to some active members.  Other than tending to think of the old-timers as the better candidates, I'm not qualified to know who's an apropriate choice and who's not at this point.

How shall we proceed?

I wonder what happens if a leader quits a clan?

Sandy
>We can either boot inactive characters or make a bunch of new accounts just to stuff the ballot box.

To my knowledge, Ezekial's characters (The German names) and my Sir Strength are the only active members of TA army remaining. The other characters within are either long gone (Sgt. Slim), inactive (beavis69) or dubious (a handful that I've never seen in chat; thus, I have no way of determining activity.)

The two main routes I see going about this are:

- Boot the inactive members, which will likely be most of the clan, and risk upsetting a few people that were actually active, or

- Transfer deputy status to either Ezekial, me, or both of us. This may result in administrative problems later down the road.

>I wonder what happens if a leader quits a clan? 

I'd rather not find out. :)

Ezekial has gone away for the weekend, so I don't believe she will be able to pitch in for the next few days.
some of us are not long gone - stop in periodically.

1717 kills since the 'competition' started on land bridge square.

-B
  -At TA army the active member accounts are zmr08, psalm119, Nyin, BEAVIS69, TylerUK and poof masta floof.  I know this from the splat competition done within the TA army clan in September.  There are 19 member accounts and only 6 of them active.
  If we can have active deputies, we can have new active member accounts and able to elect a new leader.  7 more new active member accounts will be necessary to be able to elect a new leader.
  There could be several deputies and deputies will lose their title once they become candidates. For that reason, I think it is better to have three deputies.  My suggestion for the deputies are Ezekial, TylerUK and zmr08.

-At Diggers Clan I don't know exactly whose active, one of my characters could be the deputy; digger bee 1, digger bee 2 or digger bee 3.
I agree.  Let's make new deputies, and encourage active players to join if they haven't joined a clan already.  If needed, let's kick inactive players to make space.

Nyin
As of right now, I pop in about once or less a week. I will continue to do that until the new year. Then I won't be able to play for 2 years. And I'm not sure I want to after that. So, don't delete me until January.

Good luck fighting the good fight

PMF