« Back to All Topics
New format, no warning?
Posted in 
Billiards
New format, no warning?
Posted in 
Billiards
New format, no warning?
Hi there as a paying subd member, I am like many players here upset with how the new formated game has been introduced.I think as consumers we should of been advised previous to these changes, dont you Mr Operator?. As paying members we prefer to play on the PC Version, however by just blatently starting new game, our options are well lets say limited. And also as for our subs, the only benefit we get from these is no ads!. Id love to hear your response operator. Thank you.
Mr Cowsaplenty,

On a personal level, may I first say I am sorry if you experience any inconvenience while using our games.

That said, I hope I can help you address the problem fully now.

First of all let me state that it was mentioned around two months ago, when the new blackball game has been introduced, that all other billiard games will be updated in a similar way.

Besides you can also still play the old version if you prefer that one, or you find the changes too dramatic and sudden at this time.

As for subs, actually you do have more benefits as a subscriber than before. To name a few: you can select the number of frames you wish to play, you can select PRO mode, which includes call shots, you can resize the window to any size you like (not just the default size or fullscreen as previously).

Mr Cowsaplenty, we would really like to know why you think that your "options are well lets say limited", we would also like to know what you prefer in the old version, and what you miss in the new one.

We are pretty confident that the new version beats the old one in every aspect, and hope that after trying it for a few days, getting to know the new features, you will agree.

Maybe you think we have taken away your PC game. Well the new web based version has all the features for you, full screen mode, ability to change rooms quickly, etc. (well, it does not have music...)

So, please let us know what is missing. We have done our best to update the web based version in a a way, so that you should not go wihout any feature that was previously available. In other words we tried only adding new features, and not taking away anything. If you feel differently, we would love to hear you opinion about what do you miss exactly.

I hope this email will assist you in resolving this  situation.

Yours sincerely,

OP
Firstly Id Like to agree with CowsPlenty.

I Am a sub member also and i preferee pc version beats all.

Reasons 1) i am a league player and Link posting has now become a issue.. i would be happy with new version if you can copy and Paste. (CTRL + V ). 

Secondly i feel the graphics is too sharp! I only been on there for 10 mins and already giving me square eyes! 

apart from that theres one thing im worried about. 
When on web version previously there was a lot of disconnection problems which is why i moved to pc version because i seemed to never have a problem with it.

As you say we can still play old version if we want. We cant really because you have 1 room which our league cant play in that room. So if we have options maybe adjust them to few rooms with old version and league rooms ? 

I have been playing for quite few years and i left yahoo pool because of there tables with aim... i thought flyordie was different offering you better values. However it seems you have gone to what they have now. Except the aimer.

Thanks
Dean

You should have kept the physics and size of pockets/balls the same and updated the graphics and added the extra features. 

You essentially just created a new game, which is pointless, as the reason flyordie was successful was because it had the best and easy to access game, which was simple and fun. Now there is no reason anyone should stay on this site than find another, both would be learning new games. 
Would it be a good idea to update the PC version for 8 balls, and 9 Balls?
King Of Fluke$ : it is explained in the other thread how you can enable copy/paste.

OP
can you link me to this thread thanks
Mr Operator, 
Firstly i appologise i was obviously not logged on wen your 2 month ago warning was made. I didnt recieve any e-mail from fod explaining this, my bad.
The option i was refering to was not being able to link, as I am a admin in rackum, a lg played in your lg rm 1. I have read responses to my link and you say in one that there was a thread enebling copy and paste without the use of shortkeys, which i have had to use. Could you please Mr Operator link me this thread, so i can enjoy fod's new format a little easier. Thanks Cowsaplenty.
I can't even get into the new format to make any comments whether it is better or not. Says to empty cache and start again but that does not work. Help!
I don't even know why you guys are complaining.

Few years ago I heard lots of time that "when will available the new/better version of the webpage version" because I'm not a subscribe member and the webpage version is worst than the PC version. I can't play on PC version (somehow) or i want to become a subscriber member because I prefer the PC version. Now heres a PC version for all(more or less).

I really want to know it that why you guys are hating the changes?

As I in the other topic said this update is really cool.

Don't be frustrated, if the old version is 
still available
 and you guys who can't play the new version( in which you can play more easily ) you can go there and enjoy the old version.

I really can't understand , and as i can see you guys can't explain why you hate the old version.

Can't copy/paste? Problem resolved.
Many bugs in the new version? Problem resolved.

Did i miss any problem?
Because its a different game. If I wanted to play a different game I would have gone to a different site.

Updating a games one thing, changing its another. There was no need to change it as it was already as popular as it was going to be, making it like this isn't going to bring more people to it any more than the ones who would have joined anyway. The only thing this will do is drive out the  good players who have been part of the community for years.
It's brought me back anyway, I was bored of the old version hence why I hadn't played properly in a couple of years, the gameplay is essentially very similar, it took a little while to get used to but overall I think they've done a good job with it, the one thing I don't like so much is the layout of the lobbies and toggling between options like showing all players in the lobby is a bit awkward but that's a small price to pay for what I feel is a much improved game, and I'm just going on and on now so time to put a full stop to this sentence. :)
ok  you asked for reasons why we dont like new version-- i am 8 years playing this game on flyordie and have seen many changes  through the years- but HARA-KIRI said it best in thier post to this topic--  FLYORDIE  MADE A NEW GAME of  it  as a subscriber i feel violated cause i was paying for no ads and bigger table(or full screen version) now all get full screen it not even offered as download so i can go str8 to game from desktop-- have to sord of jump through hoops to get to game rooms 8 years playin here now i gotta just quit cause i feel violated by  FOD   trust was broken and advantages of subscribers just givin to every1  and as for you mr  operator saying we can play old version you are correct-but, maybe 4 people playin and hard to find the compitition level  with so few playin old version
"i feel violated cause i was paying for no ads and bigger table"

- you still get no ads and bigger table (full screen) as a subsciber

"now all get full screen" 

- non-subscribers do not have full screen

"it not even offered as download so i can go str8 to game from desktop-- have to sord of jump through hoops to get to game rooms" 

- you can create a shortcut on your desktop for the web version, so you can enter the game with just two clicks now from your desktop. Using the PC version it took at least 4 clicks, so it's faster now.

"advantages of subscribers just givin to every1"

- could you name one?

"and as for you mr operator saying we can play old version you are correct-but, maybe 4 people playin and hard to find the compitition level with so few playin old version"

- it seems that the majority of users prefer the new version after getting to know it. I hope you will do so as well after getting familiarized with all the features of it.

OP
yes, the old version is still available but there are no more players there. Maybe it's because of my age but the new version is very hard on the eyes, also, maybe it's the age of my pc but getting to the games takes a LOT longer than just opening the pc version, and changing rooms too.  
I don't think I'll be playing much anymore, the old eyes and stuff...  I do miss the days when regular snooker was what is called light now and the other one was pro,  and more than 5 rooms were full all the time.. but if you think by making more changes will get you more players, maybe new ones will replace the old ones...
Take care all and good luck in your games :)
the old version was a lot better because its so easy to no rail now you have to hit every shot hard cant roll balls in pockets 
>the old version was a lot better because its so easy to no rail now you have to hit every shot hard cant roll balls in pockets 

This is why you adapt and learn ;)