« Back to All Topics
Blackball
Posted in 
Billiards
Blackball
Posted in 
Billiards
Blackball
Questions, comments, praises about the new Blackball game.

OP
This game is amazinggggggggggg <3 thanks OP <3
hello, really starting to like it as i find it more realistic than for example 8 ball as some shots there are a bit ' fantasy shots' . however will this game actually stay or just a betta version? thanks (:
The first recorded 7 ball on Blackball pool, i was also the first crown :D

http://imageshack.us/f/847/flyordie.jpg/
The new era of FlyOrDie.com has born :p, i want to see all our billard games like this :d

Congrats Team 
I like the game more realisitic better all pool games should be like this keep it up!
i love how when you are close to a ball or cusion you cant put bottom spin on it this should be put on all billiards games much more realistic. Also Ive played english 8ball in many leagues for pub teams and we never had the no rail rule. All together Im liking it so far tho, good work.

Hi all

This blackball/english pool game is so much better then the 3d billiards which already exists.. Its so much more realistic...

I hope this game stays and you create more rooms.

Thank You
Ash
do you need to pay separate for sub here? i just thought it would of came with all the othewr games, thanks.
this game is really awusome love it :D

i have paid for subscription on all games but i have not got it on Blackball anyone know why?

Other players have the sub but they have not paid separate, anyone know why i have none there?

Thanks, Paul
The game is more good and more real.
I'm glad the issue with being able to play certain spin shots at unrealistic times (e.g. playing backspin when you're against the cushion) has now been solved. It was slightly annoying when you played a good safety shot, put someone on the cushion and they could just play a backspin shot to suit their needs :|.

Good job on keeping the game running smooth too even with the improved graphics :) I like the little touch you've put in place with the reflections on the white ball.

After playing only 1 game so far my only comments for improvement would be as follows:

The spin indicator at the top of the screen is slightly annoying at times when you're hampered by the cushion/another ball. I understand the logic behind it in informing the player what is happening with the spin when moving your aim around the table but I would prefer to be able to choose when I see the spin indicator. I normally have the camera angle at its lowest so it gets in my way slightly (although this is probably because I'm not used to seeing it). Is it possible to have an option to turn off the spin indicator unless you choose to view it manually?

Not sure if it's intentional or a bug but I've also noticed the spin indicator randomly appears for half a second at the start of a new shot.

Secondly, could you have an option in place that stops the 'pop up' tips appearing when you put your cursor over certain buttons (aim/shoot etc.). I'm sure new players will find this useful but it is slightly offputting (again this is my preference).

I've also noticed the regular aim is slightly jerky at times. Clearly to fine tune your shot you can use the smoother 'fine aim' button but something just doesn't seem quite right with the way the regular aim moves(again this may just be down to me being used to the 'old' billiards).

Finally, any news on when we can expect a downloadable PC version?

That's probably all the feedback I can give until I've played a few more games. Glad to see some improvements though, seems like an excellent update to the billiards collection :p
Hi 
Thanks first for bringing this game on into FOD games , this is the famous pool game in my country ,just there's something about rules, here there's no foul if the opponent ball doesnt touched the rail , and i hope this game will be on Pc game like others (8-9 and Snooker),
The question ihave is ,why most of players doesnt have there subscription symbol in the Blackpool game ?
please mine nick is signed here in flyordie more when I enter in the game blackball I appear q I I am not signed member porfavor I help I to me I have 4 nicks that they are signed plus none of them sample that I am subscriber in the game
Great game, theres nothing more to say!
The game is good. Now can we please have some league rooms for it? 
Re: "... in many leagues for pub teams and we never had the no rail rule"
Re: "...just there's something about rules, here there's no foul if the opponent ball doesnt touched the rail"

EPA rules match WEPF rules standardized since January 2009.

http://www.arseweb.com/pool/uk_rules.html

"Hitting a cushion"

So, this is a relatively new rule, indeed.
However, this rule is to prevent frames from becoming boring when players just slightly hit their balls over and over (without pocketing and cushion hit) while trying to snooker the opponent.

http://www.lsepool.co.uk/wr.htm

"2. Something has to hit a cushion"
Missing subscriptions had been added.

OP
Will be nice  when  i look on here and it says. League rooms have been added    :p
Hi this game is great.Its a great addition to billiards.However i do agree with Wrong Shot with the rail rule as here in this game this rule does not apply either.Can or might this be changed ?.However well done to all involved with creating this one !!
Really like this game.  Great update for FOD, onwards & upwards.

Thank you Development Team.

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
Good job, the games awesome. Good to see the games progressed and evolved from the older version. Would like to see the other pool games turn like this.
Please can you explain what the double hit rule means when using the pro rules?
foul snooker rules is incorrect on here... u need to be able to play the thinest possible cut on both sides of your ball but this is not the case with the game as long as you can see 1 side it doesnt count :S
It's actually a pretty fun game, rules are different but I have grown too like it. Now that the freezing has been fixed I like it even more.
Re: foul snooker rules is incorrect on here

Please post a screenshot when the game does not detect a foul snooker and it should.
alldersboy: "double hit" is when the cue touches the cue ball twice (or more). It can easily happen when the cue ball is close to the object ball, and is hit at a small angle.
As a result the cue ball rolls away at an unnatural angle due to the second hit.
>alldersboy: "double hit" is when the cue touches the cue ball twice (or more). It can easily happen when the cue ball is close to the object ball, and is hit at a small angle.
As a result the cue ball rolls away at an unnatural angle due to the second hit.

How do you avoid this? I'm pretty sure during one of my games the other day I was close to 'touching ball' but the ball was the only one left so I had no choice but to hit it. It then told me I had fouled due to the double hit rule :p
Do you get 2 shots on the black if its from a foul? You should do. 
Çhris: you can try to play at an angle big enough to avoid double hit in such situations.

If you are "close" to a touching ball, then you are "close" to a double hit if you play it straight.

Wuhuuu ! 
FOD did it. The requests/suggestions part of the forums was not that useless tho. 
That's a shame that it took so long, there were so many guys waiting for this years ago. 
But I can only appreciate the effort. New textures, rules, realistic gameplay, bo3 button and stuff.. !!
I can't be nerding it out all day long like I used to now :/. 4 years have passed... Hope to see some oldies comin back to check it out! 

Greetings from NZ :)
Yho mate.
You're right.
Finally something has changed and i also hope some players come back.

Tommy
Even though Black ball is going to take me a little practice, This leaves the rest of the Billiards games for dead.
I've waited since 2001 for this :-)
Hi there, Well I have logged onto blackball and I have no sub on my gangs account. But yet I have sub everywhere else. Can you like please sort this out for me. Thank you.
I subscribe to 3d billiards and get the full screen experience, with this I don't; is this a seperate subscription or what ?
could there be an option to jack the cue up (45 degree angle etc), its annoying when the cue ball is near the cushion (not on it) and no way of putting back spin
Pretty good is the impression I get after playing a couple of games, well done. It's tempting to actually return once I have Internet somewhere and whenever I have free time...
Is the game harder to play now (which would be a positive), or is that just how bad I've become at the game (which would be a negative :p)?
It's a bit odd how nothing has been changed with any of the other billiards games though, I assume that'll be the next step?
Alright mate how's it going. Some of the good old players are slowly coming back out of the woodwork it seems, and this update is tempting me too much, I must admit it's not too bad.
>>It's a bit odd how nothing has been changed with any of the other billiards games though, I assume that'll be the next step?

Hey Martin :p  I wouldn't be surprised if 8 Ball gets the update soon.

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator
Cmon Martin n Hara lets get owning again :p i have more time on my hands as of late, Snooker gets harder everytime i come back though to get half decent lol, Im on a Gold star quest :D
I'm tearing it up again in this new Blackball game, and playing some 9-ball as well, waiting for the others to update and then I'll have another go at them too :p