« Back to All Topics
Continental Cup - North American Team required!
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
The 3rd Continental Cup is going to be held on 4 consecutive weekends in April & 1st May. Details at 
http://www.ContinentalCup.net

Matches to be completed before midnight GMT on Sunday. The match schedule is as follows:
6 end singles - each player has two matches. 9th/10th April. 6 players per team.
8 end team singles - each player has two matches. 16th/17th April. Alternates can play.
6 end Skins - each player has one match. 23rd/24th April. Alternates can play.
The Grand Finale skins matches with be on 30th April or 1st May. Two players from each team, who must have played in the 6end singles.
The team Captains are “EveMuirhead” and “Hitman_”. 

Europe just about has a team - we need a team of six (plus alternates) from USA/Canada.

I need your Nick, e-mail, current & highest ranking, and country.

Cups 1 & 2 were a lot of fun, and were decided during the Grand Finale Skins. Europe won… My aim is to have two teams of similar overall ability – in Cup 1 the total rankings of the two teams were the same! You may end up playing in a mismatch – a strong player against a weaker opponent. One of your team mates will be playing a stronger opponent. The scoring system may seem complicated, but don’t worry – leave that to Eve and Hitman, who played in Cup1.
Each team will have 6 players, and a number of “Alternates” who may be called upon by the Team Captain if one of the 6 is unavailable. An alternate must have a lower “highest rating” than the player they are replacing. Also, the two players nominated for the four Grand Finale skins games (two players from each team each playing two matches) MUST have played in the opening singles matches on Saturday.

Good Luck!

Muddy
lockyerNL
justinlockyer1993@hotmail.com
NL Canada
lockyer - what is your current & highest rating?
i haven't played with this account before but with my other account it was 288 

Thanks LockyerNL - you are in the team. We could do with a couple of >300 ranking American or Canadian Players. Suggestions wecome!
Hi, 

Im looking to apply for the team, 

I live and breath the game of curling; virtually or in real life, I recently came across this game and began to play and have came to realize that I have potential in this game virtually. My current rating is only 1 unfortunatley, but I know I curl better than that, its just that everyone seems to disconnect or exit the game.

Thanks,

Dixie_Curler

P.s : Im from the Greater Toronto Area and Dixie is the name of my curling club.
when do we start and will i be notified

1. This weekend - if North America have a team
2. Yes - by e-mail.
http://www.ContinentalCup.net

Europe has a team - which will be finalised if/when the North Americans get their act together. At the moment with you (wegma) and talent1 it is pretty strong - but the aim is to have a competition and not a thrashing! So, for example, Glynzales is an "alternate" to that a player with a lower rating might be player 6 for Europe. We need a couple of >300 raters to play for Team-NAM.

I assume I'm being ignored.

Dixie_Curler
My e-mail address is justin2807@hotmail.com

Please do not spam.
Not ignored - but if your rating is 1 then it limits the options for Team NAM a little.
Is this just for Men...'m sorta new but got the hang of it...would love to thrash the Euros!!!
Well - "EveMuirhead" is the Captain for Team Europe...
Need your current and highest ever rating.
Muddy...sorry I didn't put my email...should I??? My highest rating is a 36( why does it lower if you don't play every day) I've played 100 ends and am 57-43...!!!
Hi,
Yep - I need your e-mail. You can send me it to MuddyD "AT" gmx.ca 
1. I'd almost certainly list you both as "alternates".
2. If you want more "competition play" why not enter my World Championships? Group H needs some players. 
http://www.WorldChampionshipsOfCurling.net

3. Ratings go down when we don't play, because if they didn't they would just go up/up/up! Also, I imagine FlyOrDie like to get us all "hooked". Something to do with the revenue they get from advertising. You can avoid the ads, and enjoy the game much more, by subscribing. It is "only" ~20USD per annum, and no - I don't worl for FlyOrDie. I'm just hooked!
I have abandoned this, due to lack of interest.