« Back to All Topics
a new take on monstology
a new take on monstology
a new take on monstology
Tonight in chat we had a rousing discussion (yes really!) on the topic of monstology.  Since the invasion forces seem to not get as far south now we might be able to start doing some repopping.  I would like to suggest a new approach to repopping monsters as splatters are few and are needed on TA rather than on larki.  This is proving to be a challenge to doing upgrades as market prices have skyrocketed due to fewer players.  What I propose is starting to repop squares based approximately on level, rather than just monster drops.  For example, I have two characters in their mid 60s; I am in great need of hourglasses, hamstertusks, and hooks.  I'd love to set up a square with bloodhamsters, chronomages, and hookmasters.  This would help my characters out for several levels of upgrades and allow them more time for splatting.

I'd like to open this up for discussion... at the very least I'd like to see TA to be developed a bit more once again.  To that end, I have started a repop of the zeppirate on our old spells square (block 10556) for a bit of ranged training for us all.

-lil
Good Idea! I would like to see Oniongolem somewhere for ranged training.
I can provide monsters for low 60' and 80' and as I'm not in need of any items, I'm willing to contribute to someone's else effort.

NOTE: Please leave the square north of teport gate clear for diggers.
I populated 10592 (pub+fortress) with delegates and spokesmen several days ago, just about when the invasion was scaled back. They are still living there as of now! Some good soul also populated 10593 (teleport) with vampires. Those two squares can now provide staples that are useful to all the levels, I think, and should probably be left that way.

Otherwise, I cannot agree more with keeping 10558 clear for digging.

EG

I have started repop of air spells on 10557, one spot above fort/pub.  it yeilds 10k silver with small weight involved.  This will give give good silver supply to help with high prices and expand the retaking of 
TA. We should also have a place for getting the breathing CSs to start rebuilding.
Yeah, I'm all about having a spell square again.  I used to spend a lot of time farming spells...
I've started the shabby knight of Rhust on 10555 (1 west of the former spell square where I'm working on repopping zeppirates).  I think this could be a good block for high 50s/low 60s monsters.
Bloodhamsters have been repopped on block 10555.
Someone had started larkinorian imageboxes on 10591, the forest square west of the fortress/pub, and they've now been established there.  Hopefully this will bring down the price of picture tubes again.
The recent invaders' raid on the south town on TA did damage on the monster population mentioned above in this thread. All squares in the forest are void.

On the plus side, I am happy to inform that 10627 (the tombstone square south of pub) is now repopulated with aliens. Also, the vampire lord has been added to 10593 (teleport) to increase the harvest and the pub and fortress are repaired. A few stones are missing on the teleport (not that it is of any use).

That leaves 10592 clear from monsters for now.

Cheers, EG.
I've repopulated OnionGolems one block north of the Teleport Gate. This should help to those in need of leveling weapon skills.
- Misko 
While helping those in need to develop ranged skill is noteworthy, the monster on this particular square hinders the diggers - it is the forest square closest to the store and market.

Luckily, thanks to the invading force (I thought I'd never say that) it is only a matter of time before it is cleared again. On behalf of poor [
sic
] diggers, please keep it that way.

Thanks, EG
There are soooo many squares that can be dug on, however, and limited squares for repopping.  It'll only cost a couple extra clicks per trip to the market and chances are you won't really need those as diggers have more money than they'll ever need.  So I say cheers, Misko, and thanks!  I've been missing the oniongolem, particularly as I'm at a great level to take advantage of him.
EG, I had believed that Oniongolems are afraid of shovels, so I thought you won't mind reppoping them there.

Honestly, I didn't think of this conflict of interest and when reppoping, I just wanted to make it on the safiest block (safiest from invaders). It took me two levels (i.e. approx 25K clicks) to reppop the monster, so I believe it is natural that I aimed the block that is least likely to be invaded.
Please feel free to dig one block north of the golemsquare. I plan to plant some monsters on the block west of it. I'll keep the northern one clean.
Misko, Gyp

I was actually kidding:

> NOTE: Please leave the square north of teport gate
> clear for diggers.
(Misko, August 2010)

> I've repopulated OnionGolems one block north of the
> Teleport Gate.
(Misko, January 2011)

You are not a politician, are you?

Please, no offense. I have more clicks than I can handle anyway. It is also clear that after such endeavor you deserve credit which only monstalogy pundits understand.

Still, why not use 10592 (pub+fortress) - it's empty as of now and is in town.
For anyone who still may care, both the alien square and oniongolem square are now devoid of monsters.  As if clearing TA twice a day isn't enough.  I thought these invaders were 
supposed
 to have been scaled back.
That's realy annoying. :-( I'm clearing TA every morning (Euorope time), but apparently the invaders have been scaled back.
Aliens are repopulated on 10627 (tombstone square).
Vampires (800 years old and the lord) are repopulated on 10593 (teleport).

Use them while you can..
You release an oniongolem here.
The oniongolem has populated the area.
Your monstalogy skill has increased by 6, totalling 118!
60000000 experience points earned!
You need 5 646 114 668 more experience points for the next level!

Onions are now on 10591. Enjoy while you can, as I do not plan to repop them again if they are cleared by invaders. It took me almost 28K clicks to do so this time.
Misko
Thanks Misko, I will personally make good use of this square.
sweet! thanks again Misko. Bellatrix just can't seem to keep her weapon skills up with her level.
TA 10557
 has been repopulated by 
bastiongolem and towergolem
.  that square was free of any monsters when I repopulated.

-zmr08 (kristal)
Are low (29) so I'm recovering, the little monsters. For now I gave up:

PEGASUS
BONEORK 
SHEEP FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION
FLYINGSKULL

I have not found a suitable environment for:
SHOVELPAWED WEREMOLE

The places where I have released them I reported here:

http://larkinorguide.com/cgi-bin/monster.cgi
  :-)