« Back to All Topics
You dont see a moderator for ages then this happens
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Hi I have been playing under the name of LordofSmeg for over 2 years with no problems, never been abusive and never insulted anyone, hardly ever saw a moderator, then one day along comes this so called modertator just as i was about to start a game and was instantly banned permantly, the reason, Inappropriate Nickname. what i cant understand is why that is Inappropriate. A character from a tv show, I have been abused and swore at and never seen a moderator, yet this stupid one just pops in and bans peole who he doesnt like for no reason, he should be removed, his nic name is Nextball. In my opinion he is not suitable to do it, i have read other complaints abut this individual from other people, all saying the same thing, get him REMOVED

[Edited by: nextball on 23.04.2010 12:07]
Your nickname was not only a character from a TV show but also has a disgusting meaning. Additionally other players complained about it. According to the rules nicknames referring to body parts are not allowed. You will find the rules here:

http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/moderation.html

You can enjoy the games with your appropriate nicknames as you have plenty of them.

nextball

(in my calendar 15 months are not "over 2 years"...)
Can you please tell me what part of the body does that name describe as in all my years i have never heard of such a thing, you have either got a very fertile mind or are one sick puppy, you are making this up as you go along, you must be, and if not then tell me, you will not reply because you cant.

[Edited by: nextball on 23.04.2010 19:57]
If you would save your insulting comments and would be able to argue objective you would receive an answer. Try again after you grew up...

Fact is: this nickname was banned and will stay banned.
Reply, what is it, what meaning do you think it is
Go to urbandictionary.com and search for smeg - maybe you understand that this is not ONLY used to name a tv show or a character of it. Because other players were complaining about this nick and you have plenty of other nicks you will survive the loss of this one...

End of replies.
Ok looked it up, why dont you explain things so people can change their nic instead of making them angry and wondering what the hell they done, that still makes you a bad moderator for not explaining, to me it had a different meaning, not the one you think it meant.
it is not possible to change a nick
I got LordfofSmeeg now, is that ok, i dont want anymore complaints.
We still cant accept this nick as it has just an "e" added. Basically it still leads to same meaning.
Maybe he works for this company (and yes it 
is
 a real company 
http://www.smeguk.com/

:D :p

But in all seriousness what's the problem? Just use the DrWho name you have now and leave the issue, you're going to get into more trouble if you start playing games by trying to add letters to the original nickname to try and pass it off as okay.

I'm surprised you didn't actually know the meaning of the word (other than the company with that name), assuming you are a Red Dwarf fan?

That urban dictionary site is pretty weird. According to them almost every word has some kind of disgusting and/or insulting meaning.

nice to see one sick puppy got mentioned above thanks Dc (Y)
why dont you show my posts about cheaters in 20 chess moderators???   are you too ashamed to admit that you are not doing your job properly????   ive shown you loads of screen shots of certain people playin themselves = 10 wins in 1 minute in 20 min room.....   nothing gets done.... its a shame