« Back to All Topics
quitters
Posted in 
Curling
quitters
Posted in 
Curling
quitters
i was wondering if there was any possibility on there being an icon next to a players nameto warn other players that they have a reputation of leaving games if they are losing. this would help players like me identify who would be a decent opponent
I don't mind when people quit after an end, especially if they are losing (I've did it many times when I'm losing). But, I hate it when people quit before you throw your last shot. This has happened to me twice in the last day. Last night I had an open draw to any part of the rings for 6 and the guy left before I could get my shot off, I only scored 5. Same thing happened this afternoon. As a result I only scored 5 in both ends. It takes all of the fun out of playing. As I said I can understand someone not having 5 more minutes to play an entire end, but it only would have taken 10-15 seconds for that draw to get to the rings.
same thing happened while playing fantomasx,we agreed on ends and he left in 2nd end when i had draw for 3,points arent as important as playing the game for the game

There is also a "report abuse" link on the offending player's player info page, which is probably more efficient to use for this purpose than the forum.

Thanks,

OP
Its called a MUTE button, and once you MUTE them, you dont even see them again. Also, since I didnt see how old this thread is, if a Player leaves early you win 1-0, but if you have 2 or more stones in, you get those as well. so, 5 instead of 6 bites, but there ya go. Also,if your subbed, set your MIN/MAX ends to whatever you prefer, and if they leave you win all the ends set.
you have to watch Einstine hes a mouth piece too also  british
i cant remember the last good game ive had where i have not been abused or called racist names even when i point out that im white, i had a player called GREAT BRITTAN and he repeatedly called me a paki ha ha and then went on chat saying i was asking for pictures of hs sister,i mean what a clown,great britain,nothing great about it they should change that name
I just played an interesting player, FantomasX. We played 3 times.

In the first game we said we will play 4 ends. I was in the lead after 3 ends and had the hammer. He left before we could play the last end.

In the second game we said we play 3 ends. I had the hammer in the first end. We was about to get 3 and left before i could finish my last rock. Therefore i only scored 1.

In the third game he asked "What is your problem, why do you run?" I told him that it was not me who ran. I had the hammer again in the first end. This time i even was about to score 6 with my last rock. But again I couldnt do it, FantomasX left again and I only scored 1.

I will not play with that player again.
I do not mind people quitting if they are losing..how about if they win the first end and quit or quit if they get the lead? That is way worse...