Tanx Sportsmanlike Behaviour.
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Dear Moderators,
An old question appeared today: what is Fair Play? Since everyone has his own opinion about Fair Play rules, conflicts are unavoidable until figuring out moderation's and FlyOrDie Staff's opinion.
Most of top high-ranked tanx players have high-ranked allies (which is very good), but peace in war-game is something that is unneccessary, which disturbs game a little. Since there are no high-rated opponents, only target of getting points become low-rated players or even newcommers. Facing no serious counter-play, high-rated players become even more high-rated in no time.

1. What types of operations are allowed for such situations (if high-rated players want to get points)?

"Nickhider flow" became very popular in TANX - truly high-ranked players join rated operations, using their nicknames with LOW points, where others high-ranked players play, and start to hunt exactly them to take their points and rank down, without caring about others players shoot him (because he has no interest in points on THIS nickname). However, results of their matches are usually nearly the same (for example, 5.6 kills VS 4.7 deaths), but the TANX rating system (which I like) still will adjust "nickhider's" points and make high-ranked player's points go down.

2. How to fight such behaviour?
3. Can "nickhider" be somehow punished for this?

TANX is special FlyOrDie game, which also allows players to work in team-up (like Larkinor and its clans), so that helps players to fight with less number of enemies. But it isn't rare to see situations like 3 VS 1 in operations for 4 players or 1 player, who locked his operation with a password and gave it to his friends only, then asked friends don't to shoot him, while he will kill them to get points without ANY counterplay.

4. What kinds of teaming are allowed in rated operations?

I look forward to reply, and also - for additional efforts to this topic from tanx players' side.
Sincerely, TCA NightWalker
zero is right
however, he forgot to mention. all the people who play in ops only when there is 3 people team, if there isnt one they leave the op.  
He also forgot to mention, 2nd trick many people use is to make an op, with power ups, go near speed, let someone join and kill them with power ups.  this way they can get points fast. and as soon as they die, they leave op and make new one. and all new people who just start tanx, end up joining the op. and end up leaving tanx, seeing its an unfair game
nickhider
 would be hard to define,as some older players of Tanx havnt played for a while on there niks. So when they come back from their exile of ,say 8 months, their points have dropped , but are still killin everybody with no problems.They get accused of nickhiding!!!

;)

I agree with you peter, but one thing is when player already has big points on one of his accounts and he uses it, and then brings low-ranker account of his; other thing - when old players are starting again after a long period of not playing tanx. I could give some examples of these 2 types of players, but I won't since many tanx players know their accounts.
How to figure out a nickhider - maybe IP of last login and points of that player's other accounts could help figuring out, is the player nickhider or no. It would also be good to mark these players somehow, like it is done, for example, in chess: red "!" warns you, that "player might use a program".
And yes, powerup question is also actual :) thanks for addition, Devils!
😢
You already have the facility to create an operation that limits the players who can join it by their current rating. This would also limit the "nickhiders" so many of you complain about!

The current smallest range is +/- 50 points from your own level, with no maximum ranges.

Why not simply use the tools already provided to you to limit who can play in the operations you set up.

"1 player, who locked his operation with a password and gave it to his friends only, then asked friends don't to shoot him, while he will kill them to get points without ANY counterplay."

If a moderator sees this then all the people in the room are likely to be banned, and their points reset

Thank you for a reply, Veriac!
But as I mentioned before - toplist of tanx consists (sure, not completely) of players, who know each other well and don't like stealing points from each other in rated operations... Rate limit is a good thing, if tanx would have more active sergeants or higher :p , but sometimes if you make a rating limit - noone joins at all. Player should be really lucky to keep his points up and find good operations in time.
players, who know each other well and don't like stealing points from each other in rated operations...

Umm...play unrated then. Same game, just no points involved :D
Teaming up should only be allowed in clanform like playing clan vs clan, im not a big fan of friends who team up, i sadly done that too in the past but its a disgrace, when you cant unify dont seems to be a reason to do that anyway when someone doesnt value the clan your trying to form.

Clanwars were always fun when it was about battles and month/tournies and people should always understand that. ty.