« Back to All Topics
Snow!!
Posted in 
Off-topic
Snow!!
Posted in 
Off-topic
Snow!!
As it is 1 of the coldest & whitest January's in around 30 years, I just wanted too see how it was affecting everyone else in the UK?

Im from the South East and it's meant to getting worse this evening, schools are closed, companies shut down.  Only had around 3-4 inches today.

Discuss.
well i'm not from UK,but i can tell there's as much as 70 cm of snow outside,it has been snowing for whole week. plus this winter is certainly one of the coldest winters in last 50 years,a lot of local temperature records were broken.although i personally don't mind,i love snow and i love global warming ;\
> As it is 1 of the coldest & whitest January's in
> around 30 years, I just wanted too see how it was
> affecting everyone else in the UK?
> 
> Im from the South East and it's meant to getting
> worse this evening, schools are closed, companies
> shut down.  Only had around 3-4 inches today.
> [img=
http://rewardslink.info/flash/images/50.gif
]
> Discuss.
I love the snow. Here in the east coast USA we are reaching near record breaking low temperatures and a few weeks ago had a huge storm with over a foot of snow!

Ah ha, the good old UK.

Every year we get snow,every year roads/rail/airports get delays !!!

We get a bit of rain, there's flooding !!!

We get no rain , there's a drought !!!

;) 
Interesting to see bad temperatures in the US & other parts of Europe.  Global warming FTW, why is the weather getting colder?  Why can't it get hotter!?

I like the snow too, but having to drive in it every day is a pain and is getting dangerous, it's like an ice rink outside my house!
The temperature has been as low as -16C here in Edinburgh. Fair amount of snow too, at most maybe five or six inches deep.

I was in Inverness over the New Year and that felt even colder, and there was certainly more snow there, being a lot further north and all.
Here in Scranton, PA (Northeastern US) it is cold, but it will be getting colder over the next few days and we are getting a little snow here too. 

Our schools delay an hour and a half when the air temp is in the single digits (F), as if that hour an a half makes SO much difference when it is like 5 degrees F out there. Yeah, in that hour and a half, it may get all the way up to...gee, 7 or 8 degrees F lol! The superintendant of the schools is a moron. :D

We didn't get that heavy snow that Washington D.C. and those areas got (it missed us) but we have gotten our fair share of 2 foot snowfalls. :)

~LittleEarthAngel~

>Global warming FTW, why is the weather getting colder? Why can't it get hotter!?

Well that depends on how you view the effects of global warming. It would get colder in Winter if you believe that the temperature rise is melting the ice around the north pole, which in turn reduces the salt content of the North Atlantic, which then means we receive less warmer air from the Gulf of Mexico because of the way the currents work (fresh water from the ice caps being less dense than salt water in the ocean).

But that's a totally different debate, including whether 
we
 are actually responsible for Global Warming at all :p
here in vienna, it's very cold. too cold as usuall, and we had too much snow here this year.
well, an ulra-late answer from Aachen, Germany;

We have (better: had) alot of snow here. It was coldest winter of last 5 years! Just 5 years ago, i remember we had snow in Aachen. 

Best Regards,

Barbarvssa