« Back to All Topics
how can i improve myself?
Posted in 
Chess
Posted in 
Chess
i play chess without planning and i want to know how can i play with plan? and what's the rules for this?
I'm not also good at playing chess, I seldom win over my brothers when we play this game and When I win it's just because my opponent is already bored and just want to end the game. I think it is mortal sin to take a move without analyzing and planning, just like what I do. But I really want to learn this game, that's why I'm learning. You can find lots of tutorials, just try to google "how to play chess" or visit this site www.chessguru.net.

/url] 
[url=
http://hubpages.com/hub/ventriloserverhosting/
]Ventrilo Hosting
/url]

Hi there, I love playing chess, but just a beginner in this field. I also wants to learn more techniques in playing, so because of that I decided to read and surf online about new knowledge that I can use in playing, and fortunately it works in me...

[Edited by: Don Tico on Nov 9, 2009 10:01 PM]
Its hard to explain what makes you good at chess.

You must be willing to look HARD for answers after your opponent gives you a problem. Try your best not to fall into traps. Try to keep material advantage.

If you have less space than your opponent, swap off pieces.
A tip that is guaranteed to improve your play:

1) Find someone better than you.
2) Get the snot beaten out of you.
3) Ask them where you went wrong.
4) ?????
5) Profit!

Going over your games to see where you went wrong, and getting input from stronger players while you do that, is the only way to go. Unfortunately you cannot really hope to do this on this website.

i suked at chess too. you have too learn how take some losses :(. But you will get better eventually because you have seen that same play again and again. Therefore you can plan on what to do, to mess up your opponent :D. thats the best trick i can offer you visualize what your opponent will do next.
One advice is to know mating patterns. If you know a few, like the Greek gift or the mate by means of a battery, you can plan them and the game makes more sense.
The main way is to play chess, develop tactics that suit you. There is no right or wrong move. Just get the basics down, for this I used chessmaster grandmaster edition (yes it is a program but I'm not low enough to use it when I play online). Undergo Josh Waitzkin's tutorial and you can develop your own style that works for you.