« Back to All Topics
Short shots
Posted in 
Curling
Short shots
Posted in 
Curling
Short shots
Why randomly during the game do some of my shots end up a lot shorter than i want them to be?  For instance.... I'm hold done the button, and before i let go the game is already throwing the stone... it is so annoying because it's always happening during important shots(aren't they all)...  I know other people have the same probably, cause i see it happen to them and they tell me that it happens to them.

It seems to me that it has something to do with the ads when they change.  But that's just a guess.
oh,so it happens to someone else?
i thought it was just my mouse :|
Any one know if they are going to fix that bug... or do they not care about the people using the site?
Hi CKo..
do you play with a laptop /integrated mouse, like me?
When I started with this funny game 2 weeks ago,
I've had same problems (ha, let me better say still yet
... sometimes but more rare!)
Guess, the reason is ESD by finger-comin' very c l o s e to mouse (click-pad) without really touching it .
So it happens very often just before you shoot your stone - isn't it?
ESD = electronic loading overflash or ~~
So depending on your nervous target-finger and its humidity (main problem, when you just try first matches) mousepad will be loaded by a random gap of voltage, and program means, you choose real velocity. O damned -- by me at beginning - it often was f u l l - speed  // I didn't really touche my mouse.
In your case may be, that V-gap mostly is tooooo small and your stone never reaches the 1. hogline > and disappears ?! (I guess - right?).
TIP 1:
Try in next time following>
when its your turn to play, and your mouse is activated: always b e f o r e  1. finger-touch to mousepad for target-aiming with your boom >>> try a very  s h o r t  but little bit heavy fingerpush on pad.
So voltage-gap > = 0 (no ESD!).
Just then look at top right > an insert-message tells you, that velocity is too low for reaction! You hear only a short noise - but nothing happens. After this "mouse-pre-pushing" continue normally: Aim with broom and shoot!
TIP 2:
If your finger is too wet, dry it first - before acting / and - or - remain with it just on pad.
Even just opponent play is acting. Or best: 10 sec just before its your turn [no voltage-gap!]
TIP 3:
Gather experience by hard and long playing - many trials.
The longer you play - the points are (away?!) normally rising / the fingers becomes more dry / when all your nerves has leaved.

TIP 4 (hahaha):
If nothing works, cut off your fingers ...
Then I'm shure that all your short/long-stone-problems immediately are solved -- means no more ESD --- :) :) :)
_________

But really the worse problem here is, that the game-server has many short or long breaks - that causes mousehangers ... - prefered when lobby is nearly full. I lost more than 1 game due to this and while playing my mvs = most valuable stone (the last 8th).

So good luck for the future and hope we'll soon meet us in lobby.
Many greetings from
o-ellinos

this always happens if the ads reload as you are delivering your shot.  Also, if the ad changes while you are sweeping, you will stop sweeping and have to let go of the mouse button and start sweeping again.  Its a bug with the software if you ask me, reloading ads interrupt the mouse action.
is there no solution for the ads interrupting the mouse?
yepperz listen to ellinos!!!!! ellions is rite!!:):):)

LeAnn:):):):):) (luvs travis<3)
u lie bittch. i dnt wnt to hear shitt from u latter.
reload your browser will cure the problem but you must lose all your ratings
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian