« Back to All Topics
Pocket Calling in POOL!!!!
plz put pocket calling where if u get it in wrong pocket the ball comes out where it was before opponent made it. I get beat by 20 and below regularly b/c they hit ball and make it in pocket opposite of table by not aiming but just hitting. IM SURE EVERY OTHER PLAYER THATS GOOD KNOWS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!! so plz make pocket calling so noobs have much harder time beating us and can get better in process
good idea, there should be a choice of games between call pocket and just normal
Flukes r part of the game no need
Yes fluking is part of this game.

I like the idea of Flyordie making a seperate pool game though
with nominating pockets etc so you have to think about your
shots before you just smack the ball as hard as you can.

:D
What about genuine doubles though?
Good idea, I've suggested it in the past...but with all suggestions, well, they are simply not even relied upon.  This part of the forum really is useless.
It's not in the rules. You should win more games than you lose against people who just bang the ball around randomly.
My thoughts on the game play compared to real championship rules
I remember in 1999 -2000 when Fly Or Die was no ball in hand beyond the white line and in 8 ball you had to nominate a pocket.
If flyordie was to go back to the traditional rules with a few adjustments of 9 ball especially! I think this would be a positive change and yet very simple to do.
This would prevent people harassing others calling them flukers, luckers with final ball pocket ( calling the shot feature )would make more happier place for everyone?
I know for a fact that championship rules you are allowed 2 visits to the table on foul with no ball in hand or shooting backwards on foul.

Cheers Яocky

I remember in 1999 -2000 when Fly Or Die was no ball in hand beyond the white line and in 8 ball you had to nominate a pocket.

i remember in 1981 i played 1D pool on flyordie.
btw: flyordie was actually made in 2001...;\
Massimiliano. 
I think you will find your very wrong. Me along with people I still know today have been playing there since 1999 -2000. Including Moderator Streamline and former Moderator ZZTOP :) 
Flyordie has only had the registration feature 2001. before that you could login as any nick you wanted on entry to the lobby. My oldest registered nickname was since Nov 1 2001. I was playing a long time before that.
Anyone that has told you otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about?

When the well-known Real.com portal published our billiard games back in 2001, it was a real breakthrough on the global market....

original quote from 
http://www.solware.com/about.html
 ,the developed of flyordie games. 
>I know for a fact that championship rules you are allowed 2 visits to the table on foul with no ball in hand or shooting backwards on foul.

The last time I checked "fact" meant something was true. Your statement, however, is FALSE. Let me help you, from the BCA rules page with the reason...

Opposing player gets cue ball in hand. This means that the player can place the cue ball anywhere on the table (does not have to be behind the headstring except on opening break). This rule prevents a player from making intentional fouls which would put an opponent at a disadvantage.

http://www.bca-pool.com/play/tournaments/rules/rls_8bl.shtml
WRX S1 the rules chart I got in a frame I got with brunswick pool table is a fraud then.
I dont know why its called *CHAMPIONSHIP BILLIARDS RULES GUIDE* cheers.. Ill be enquiring about that. Maybe its been tweeked out to match Australian pub rules with 2 visits to table Thats the way I have played since I was young too. The *FACT* part is something I am reading with my own eyes so if thats the case Ill withdraw my *FACT* comment.
How ever the rules of nominating pocket should be re-enforced.
Massimilliano I know it says that and have done for a long time. I can vouch for another alot more players who have been playing prior 2000 late 1999 which are still playing today (some in other nicks)and which some are moderators too.
TOP-DOG 
GREENKING
Streamline
zztop
Enigma
Joker
MESSIAH
LoneWolf-Jadin
JimmyWhite
Nemesis aka Magician
Just some players off the top of my head that been around prior 2001 Nov 1.

Cheers Яocky
What does Australian Pub Rules have to do with a US 8 Ball game? I just posted a link the official US rules for you, the correct action is for you to say "Oops I was wrong, I am sorry Max, WRX and the rest of Fly Or Die".
WRX get off your pedestal stop being such a drama queen lol why should I appoligise for something that was not directed at you or anyone else for that matter. You need to take a chill pill, build a bridge and get over it and stop injecting your negative vibe into your response. I cant be bothered with the your attempted little hassel. Always someone trying to act big & tough in forums lol When all I did was post a simple request and you corrected me fair enough! why maximize it? I am Australian Im use to playin the Australian way is there a problem with that? or me being Australian? there is other countries that play different also. Just to bring this to your attention .. there are other countries outside your own:)
Flyordies original rules was no ball hand beyond white line.. I guess you think they should apoligise for that to ? lol

Cheers

>Flyordies original rules was no ball hand beyond white line.. I guess you think they should apoligise for that to ?

1. Fly Or Die uses US rules. People like you 
and myself
 are used to different rules - we have a choice to either learn and the play the US rules or else play on a different website.

2. Fly or Die has not been around for as long as you think. They have always used the US rules that you see now.

3. Name dropping doesn't make you right. When someone corrects you then you should accept it. If you continue to argue that you are correct and make statements like quoted above then you are going to get shot down for them.

Carry on if you want, but anyone reading from here will know that you are just trolling for attention.
H2.

1: Could hardly call that name dropping? If they would stand by what Im saying? Name dropping is for people only to benifit them selves and how is this benefiting myself?And if I had of said along the lines of me and * others* someone would of put * ok like who name someone?

2:lol Why would I accept I was corrected and apoligise for something that almost 85% of world pool rule books have written in a rule book with their purchased tables with no ball In hand? Yea uuuh thats right I wrote the rule book .. yea good onya.

3::Did you know that Australia, Most of Asia, Southafrica,New Zealand, UK , and most of Europe do NOT play ball in hand? If this was a strictly US 8ball site why would of the rules originaly been a mix if this was the case? My request is logical & seems to me Majority should rule :)

4:This is a requests page kid, Its for requests and I will forward 1 anytime I wish. Just goes to show his place got some real lonely sad people to jump at the chance to point the finger as soon as someone makes a post or comment?

5: lol why do I have to justify myself to u?

6: If you got no requests maybe you should get off the WRX S1 bandwagon & make your self look stupid elsewhere.

If only you spent more time actually playing then trying to boost your forum posts. You then wouldnt be a half bad gamer aye.

Thanks for coming :) 
Яocky

You never made a suggestion - all you have done is state some Australian variant pub rule based on a different version of the game and lied to us about them being official.

> My thoughts on the game play compared to real championship rules
"real championships rules" are the known as the "The World Standardized Rules" and are created by the WPA. They are the same as those currently listed in the BCA link posted earlier, and also the ones used on Fly Or Die. 
Therefore Fly Or Die already uses real championship rules.

Fact is what is written (not by you) - visit the WPA or BCA websites, use Google, Wikipedia or any other search pages, then come back and post a link to the World Standardized Rules. Not some Australian variant or unofficial rules. Until then you are 
WRONG
I agree flukes are part of the game deal with it.......
Your
WRONG
h22a4 your completely off topic & not to mention full of it.All i see is suggestions but you just try to make your self look clued up but yer not very quick witted either. I think if you actually 
READ
 no ones denying the rules you just keep sounding like a broken record.
90% of players would agree too  
NO BALL IN HAND
Takes the fun out of it!
h2 and wrx 
I think these so called WORLD RULES Only exist in USA! Just like in USA THE WORD SERIES OF BASEBALL yet its only played in USA lol Can you show me a country that goes by these so called Rules Other then any South or northern American Country? How can they call it World Standardized rules but yet they only exist in one place lol Every country has thier own Professional regulation rules and flyordie Acknowledges that otherwise they would never of had it the way it was.. And it was alot better then too.
Anyhow Im done with banter on this negative response you created. I said what I wanted to say and thats all that matters to me :)
EPIC, Rocky... 8-ball was invented in the US and should not be confused with the game sometimes referred to as "Blackball" (i.e. the later UK and Australian variants). What you are asking is not for a rule change, but a game change. If you don't want to play US 8-ball make a suggestion for a new game or else find another site, but 
please stop telling us that the rules are wrong
. I am a British guy living in America and I know both versions very well - even if I didn't, I'd only have to use Google to find out that I am right. Try it...
>anyone reading from here will know that you are just trolling for attention.

If you know that why do you carry on? A troll doesn't have evidence to show you are wrong and will never admit you are right. Basically she doesn't like the fact that it's a US pool game, leave it there.
>How can they call it World Standardized rules but yet they only exist in one place

Sorry, I couldn't resist this one ;)

The World Pool-Billiards associations sets the rules. The WPA consists of the following regions: AAPA - All Africa Pool Association (13 countries), APBU - Asian Pocket Billiard Union (23 countries), BCA - Billard Congress of America (2 countries), CPB - Confederation Panamerica of Billiards (17 countries), EPBF - European Pocket Billiard Federation (36 countries, includes the BPPA British Professional Poolplayers Association) and the OPBA - Oceania Pocket Billiard Association (2 countries, includes the APPF Australian Pool Player's Federation).

That doesn't mean that the WPA rules are the main bar rules in these 93 countries, but that the game is at least played there. Oops, 
wrong again
 Rocky ;)

Back on topic. I wish FOD would just create a blackball game for you and add rooms with pocket calling for everyone. They haven't taken the suggestion up in the 6 years I have known the site so don't hold your breath.
Pocket calling would be nice, it shows true skill of the user. Good idea, no more random prayer shots.
I think if u dont like the flukes you should start playing snooker pro.. Thats wat i did.. I was a good 8ball player but got fed up of flukes so i moved :D and snooker pro is much more skilful :D

Cheers

True Paradise