« Back to All Topics
my own ! system
Posted in 
Four in a Row
my own ! system
Posted in 
Four in a Row
my own ! system
So i have an idea.  Since the ! system is imperfect, we can improve on it.  Almost as bad as having a ! next to your name is having your name listed on a public list of cheaters (assuming this is a list people believe).  So in this thread I will list every cheating nickname I find from now on.  Cheaters beware!

The qualifications for making my list are two-fold.  First, I have to suspect you are using a program.  Second, I will ask to play you at kurnik.  If you refuse, you're officially on my list.  Or, if you do agree to play me, but when you play me, you play way worse than you did at flyordie, that will also put you on my list.  Or, if you play good at kurnik, but your name keeps turning gray, you will be on my list for that as well.

Of course, I dont have to be the only one who gets to create the list.  People like jonlynch, bluedevil, etc. can do the same thing as well.

Next to each name, I'll write the program I think they're using, with the following abbreviations:
M
Via
T
Vel
3d
C
O = other

I would start the list now, but to be fair, I'll give people a clean start now that they know about this new system.  The success of this system depends only on how much people trust my list.  I know the veterans will trust it, but hopefully the average joe will believe it also.

Any name on the list can be disputed by good players who aren't on the list.  Someone on the list can't argue with the presence of any name on the list, for obvious reasons.  But I suspect there won't be many disputes.

If a dispute is successful, the name in question will be removed from the list.

I'll also keep a list of runners.  This list will only include the runners who don't use programs, in order to avoid redundancy.  This list will also start fresh.

I will also keep a list of players with the ! sign who i see AREN'T cheaters, along with how I know they don't cheat. I've found 1 today.

I will abbreviate the reasons:
made error(s) = E
lost as red (to an anti that was not a program bug) = LR

List of non-cheaters who have a false ! symbol:

Un4givable  (E, LR)
An additional note about the progger list.  I'll say how they got on my list.

NK = refused to play at kurnik
KG = name kept turning gray at kurnik
KB = played poorly at kurnik
H = admitted they use a program (h is for honest)

So far there are 2.

Programmer list:
lmao.

i beat you at kurnik.

lmao @ poorly played.

ill try make up a list when i got the time
beat me?  i resigned as red so i could be green.  You did the standard noob anti as green for the few moves i did play. (44444435...)

Then when i was green, i broke you with an easy anti, and you played like a complete noob.  

As opposed to, at flyordie, you played a super hard style with red, and won.  

Like i said, you can't dispute your own name being on the list.  If someone like Nameless comes and says you don't cheat, then i'll consider it.

But you do give me an idea.  From now on, i'll post the move history of the kurnik games so that anyone who sees can judge for themselves.

The game i broke you:

Plus you requested to "check msn" lol give me a break.

Your fod game against me:

There's no comparison.  Your name might as well be written in stone.

And yes i have too much time on my hands whoever said that lol.  But i'll probably be here for another week then be gone for another 2 months, that's how i roll.
but i definitely dont need a girl, yuck
it was me on inkjet name admitting to programming, i dont see the point in denying it :) i admit i do

isnt the point of using prog to apear like a good player? And mate, i really dont see any reason to admit it either.. i dont see the point of using either.. i dont see nothing, im bliiiind
new rule: if a bug works on someone, then no kurnik is necessary, they're on the list. (the odds are just too overwhelming)

Programmers

ace elite (Via, KB)
Inkjet, casey jade (H)
B0WSER (M, bug)
another progger:

francky59680 (M, bug)
1) great system fstal, count me in!

2) α¢є єℓιтє cheats indeed (played him yesterday, beautifull vianiato moves)

3) you can put him in the runners list too.
another: 

NUMBER ONE (M, NK)
another:

المشغول  (Via, H)
another:

Xtazy, Brooklyn*  (NK)

*xtazy claims to be brooklyn.  If brooklyn claims not to be xtazy, he'll be removed.
You should know better !!!

3. Conduct 

3.1 Criticizing others rather than their views and actions 

3.9 Obstructing the moderators in doing their job. 

3.10 Behaviour that interferes other's reasonable interests. 

3.14 Making false reports to FlyOrDie staff members or moderators. 

3.15 Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, or doing anything else to another member or guest that is unwanted

Using a computer to decide your moves in a board game (specifically chess, checkers, reversi, gomoku, nine men's morris, go, four in a row, pente and backgammon) on FlyOrDie is allowed.

;)

Why should it be allowed Peter? So You Love The Idea People Can Cheat Others? 
Hi there Fstal86.its good to see that fair players of your skill level still exist at FOD's four in a row game.I would help to add people on your list that are not already there but im pretty sure they cheat.Be sure to add Tansu and Fitze. I would like to play you soon,I need to get rid of my rustyness.havent played this game regularly in about two or three months
Peter01 the fact that you are defending programmers just makes me think that you use one too. No one that plays fair wants to end up losing their hard earned points on people who cant think for themselves and have to rely on the computer to make the moves for them. In fact..players who are using a program to win dont even deserve to have a rating becuase they are not really playing this game the way you are supposed too.
can i add to list to ????
just to tell u who to play and who i think programs???
No, Peter is no cheater, and I think he doesn't even play connect4. He is someone who knows FOD rules very well, and he has a point off course by saying that program use is allowed here on FOD.

However Peter, this is the connect4 forum, and connect4 is flooded by cheaters who ruin the game.  And the fact that FOD allows cheaters really gets on the nerves of good fair players. So we try to make our own little game a bit better by finding a way to get rid/avoid program users.

This initiative is only fair towards the real players.
Peter, i'm not suggesting that these players be banned.  I'm just assigning virtual ! marks next to their names, so that anyone who sees this forum can be informed of who they're playing on connect four.  I think people have a right to know if someone is a human or a computer before playing them.  This way they can make an informed decision, instead of being deceived.

Secondly, i'm in no way impeding mods from doing their job.  They can go about their regular business while i do this thread.  I'm not saying they have to assign ! to these players.  They can have their system, and I'll have mine.  So far, the two systems have agreed in most cases.  Most of the players on my list already have ! marks.

Third, the main reason for this thread is to discourage programming, so that connect four is fun to play at fod again.  Furthermore, this will encourage quality players to play here again.
two more names:

Ultima Blade (Vel, H)
Shadow Priest (M)*

*played poorly for some games, then later played exactly like mustrum.  He can still prove his fairness if he plays at kurnik, which he has not refused yet.
lol kool list but 
Xtazy isn´t Brooklyn
Seriously frank, you should get a better hobby :P
oh then xtazy lied, dangit.  Ok no more trusting people when they say stuff like that.

i guess xtazy is an enemy of brooklyn and that's why he said that.

brooklyn is now off the list until i have more information
seriously jops, you should do what your title says
I'll ignore what you just said. 

Can you write me something on msn? I lost everyone who was in my favorites-group and you happened to be one of them, of course
الزعابي *

*played poorly for a while, then suddenly started playing good.  And moved very slow only on first move.  And pretty slow on first few moves.

(as you can see, asterisks will indicate reasons other than the ones that are abbreviated)

Not that listing people with these kinds of names will do much, since i doubt anyone can really remember the difference between the names lol.
The people who use programs are playing within the rules of FoD .

The people who make up lists of suspected program users ,not an exact list , are harrasing these people. Which is outwith the rules.

As these lists are not proven to be exact,you are giving false info to FoD.Which will hinder the Mods in doing there jobs.

Oh by the way , I dont agree with the use of programs either .

I do agree with playing within the rules.

;)
Except for those who know some Arabic, bigot!
lol shut up jops...

I am providing proof, it's just not proof to the untrained eye.  Ask any truly expert player and he'll look at my evidence and agree.  While it might not be absolute proof, like videotaping the person in their home, that doesn't mean it's automatically false, like you seem to be saying.  You're saying i'm spreading false information, but how do you know it's false?  There's a 99.9999% chance it's TRUE information.  And almost all of them have ! marks next to their name as well.  So if it's false, then FOD is spreading false information as well.

And I'm not harassing them.  I'm informing the public of something they're doing, and based on the fact that they're not breaking rules, it's not slander, because it's not negative.

Are you even a mod?  Why not let the mods do the speaking for you?  I haven't heard any of them take your side yet, nor have they deleted anything here yet.  I'm done with this conversation.  You're the only one who is taking the side of the programmers, aside from some of the programmers.
I don't agree with you, not anymore :(
i said *expert* players jops :P

which includes: james and me :D
Um, you're making up these accusations now. I've been watching you in the game and you're just hanging out in the lobby!
Could you all stop picking on fstal? For once someone is actually trying to improve this game!

And indeed Peter, Fstal is on this matter an expert. By the way, it is not that hard to pick out a cheater, any experienced player could tell. I would even say, that Fstals system is more waterproof then FOD's system. He gives suspicious players a fair chance to prove they are playing fair (which is impossible to determine here on FOD). He doesn't harras them, because if he would then so would FOD, with their eclamation mark. No one is saying they should be banned, we are just trying to avoid playing them. What's so wrong about that?

Fact is, I have seen today a lot of "old school" players back on FOD, so that's not only good for the players, but for FOD as well. So stop with the negative criticism if you have no clue what you are talking about.
But I do know what I'm talking about! I've seen it with my own eyes how fstal just comes up with false accusations
 Mods have already spoken about this,as I'm sure you know.

Veriac    Posted: Jul 5, 2008 10:30 PM  

Please note that "unfounded" accusations (ones with no proof) are considered as harassment and will be dealt with appropriately. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

>I'm informing the public of something they're doing,

Wrong. Something you "assume" their doing

How could you possibly know the condition of my eyes ?:|

Who made you big chief list maker ?:|

I'm taking the side of the rules,thats all.

Also, very glad your done with this convo.

:|

are you an expert connect four player that no one knew about?
Nah Peter Is Just Here In The Forums Trying To Make Himself Look Intelligent By Putting Everyones Proof Of Something Down, Well Someone Has To Do It Lol.
Also, very glad your done with this convo.

:|

all i know is, if i weren't an expert in something, i wouldn't claim to have the same trained eye as an expert.

If nameless, james, jops, any real expert starts disputing my claims, then i'll question my method. 
Cmon I've Been On This Site 4Yrs Within The Game Of Connect4 And Fstal Has Been About A Long Time Within The Game And Has Studied It Quite Alot, He Knows What Hes On About.
I completely agree with fstal and jericho.This is a good system afterall.this will at the very least improve our chances of avoiding players that will win us in an unfair manner.i would like to play fstal86,nameless and jericho at kurnik or at FOD.whichever you guys find more convenient!!
i think that can be arranged, celest ;)
i like the new system.i prog tho im jman228. i made it 2 500 without prog. then lost all points bcuz of progs.so i got a prog.
ok, so here's an update.

ace elite (waz) claims that callum was the one playing on his name the day he played so perfectly at flyordie, and that Waz was the one who played me on kurnik that day.  He says Callum is a better player than him, so naturally the difference would show at kurnik.

While few will accept this story, i still must remove ace elite from the list, because i have no evidence that his story is false.

So now i must determine if Callum (i forget his screenname) uses a prog.  If he does, then the ace elite name will be back on the list.  If he doesn't, then the ace elite name will remain off of it.

So here is the full list as of now:

Inkjet, casey jade (H)
B0WSER (M, bug)
francky59680 (M, bug)
Styler, mizi (H)
NUMBER ONE (M, NK)
المشغول (Via, H)
Xtazy (NK)
hOOpz19 (KB)
Ultima Blade (Vel, H)
Shadow Priest (M)
الزعابي
MagoOzcuro (M, bug)
Jman228, WHaTs Happenin (Via, H)
1 more to the list

fly scorpian cos fly scorpian = xtazy
callum told me he was ace elite on msn, but then waz said they "share" an account. bs obv
Peter you say veriac says that unfounded accusatios are harassment?

No ne said these are unfounded, quite frnakly, Fstal86 should have found a whole lot more cheaters by now, his system is full proof, many of us now how certain programs play and we know the characteristics of the people using programs. because most seem to be the same people with different nicks. i.e. all these american kids who mainly take up fstals current list, fstals system is better than FODs and thats that.
You have a way of twisting the words around so that it makes sense in your little fantasy fstal86 .

>1  Almost as bad as having a ! next to your name is having your name listed on a public list of cheaters (assuming this is a list people believe). So in this thread I will list every cheating nickname I find from now on. Cheaters beware!

1 Using a program is not cheating.

>2 And I'm not harassing them. I'm informing the public of something they're doing, and based on the fact that they're not breaking rules, it's not slander, because it's not negative.

2 your calling people cheats which 
is
 harassing,slander + negative. 

>3 Are you even a mod? Why not let the mods do the speaking for you? 

3 Veriac Posted: Jul 5, 2008 10:30 PM 

Please note that "unfounded" accusations (ones with no proof) are considered as harassment and will be dealt with appropriately. 

>4 I'm done with this conversation.

4 obviously not telling the truth again.

;) :) ;)

Using a prgram to play connect is explicitly ALLOWED and is therefore NOT cheating.

After reading this post, i have decided to lock it. Do not attempt to recreate it.