« Back to All Topics
IS IT JUST ME...?
Posted in 
General
IS IT JUST ME...?
Posted in 
General
IS IT JUST ME...?
apologies to anyone this may offend...but im getting sick fed up of players who either challenge you, or take up your challenge only to p*@s off the second they find out you're the same gender!!! if your wana find out their asl, fine, but exept it as that and atleast finish the game...some people genuinley want to just play some on-line pool!! rite, that's my wee rant over. if you dont wana, please take no notice of this post.
Hey Teacozy!!

I must agree with you regarding ppl bailing out on a game.  It usually happens to me because I'm older - Drives me crazy.  

Sheira
I agree with you teacosey,
the moderation team has had MANY similar complaints made lately on this subject, 
With the exception of an abrupt or unexpected 
dis-connection from the site..  there is absolutely no
 excuse for this behavior....
a way to verify if indeed someone has left the game for the reasons you mentioned in your post 
would be to check the lobby immediately.. 
if the player is still present there... then most likely they were not dis-connected.....
and then this becomes a violation of the rules of use; "unsportsman like conduct" and the player can receive a moderation action for that (ban or demerit or both) 
please feel free to advise any moderators present if this happens and/or e-mail: moderator@flyordie.com 
and let us know what nickname(s) and the time it happened so a review by game support staff can verify such occurences 
thanks for letting us know.

GHOST RIDER MP

[img=
http://virtualsolarsystem.com/mercury/webwizard/mpcrest.txt
]
Thank you Teacozy for bringing up this issue and thank you GhostRider for your attention regarding this matter.  I certainly appreciated it and will keep that in mind when another occurence happens.

Again a Big Thank You!!

Sheira  
NO it's not just you!!!  It happens to me alot too.  I am older, as you say you are, and I find that it happens to me more often than not.  It is VERY frustrating as like you, I am here to play.  Sometimes I wonder if there should be a special symbol for over 18 and wanting to PLAY only!!!!

I think the mods should be aware and if someone continually does this - if they hear about the same person for more than one or two players - then it should be addressed.  I am not here to hand out punishment but I agree that it is poor sportsmanship.

Thank you for bringing it up - I was beginning to wonder if it was me!!!!

Queentanx!!
It aint just older people either...as im pretty young, but when i tell peeps im female they either quit cos they r 2 or they make dodgey comments and questions which i cud really do without. like u guys...i jus wanna play and not b bothered with people quiting on me because of my asl.
Bummed Out
hey folks...this is cue_ball., formerly known as 'teacosey'. just a shortie to say thank you for the back-up!!! unfortunately though it comes a little late...i have been forced to change my nickname to a more 'masculane' one, so not to get the hopes up of any alterior motived male gamers!!! sad but true!!! to play pool is my intent...anything else I leave for the REAL world!!! HAPPY POTTING:D
nobodys ever done this to me? :p
Sometimes I wish people would leave my game,haha!
Not be sarcastic either:)
*being
Hope it all works out for you
well what do ya know...its happened again, and again, and again!!! so when i take the above advice; reporting this to a moderator, he/she mearly tells me to mail directly to flyordie games...what are the moderators actually there for??? [img=
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-088.gif
][img=
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-011.gif
][img=
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-088.gif
]
Yeh m8 you are right to rant over that. If people wana just flirt they should go to a proper chat room......i dont think they understand that some people go in pool room to you now play pool.
How about instead of just making another law/rule for ppl to violate and or for we mods to adjudicate, like we don't have enough already, why don't you ppl juat do this...

Are ya ready, it's pretty intense now, ok here it is... Why don't you just NOT answer the a/s/l game and or LIE to them about it and then play the darn game!!! That way everybody's happy and it keeps it so simple... 
Personally speaking, when confronted with the a/s/l thing, I will usually answer, a = yes like a fine wine. s = yes as often as I can ty. and  l = my house or I'll just totally ignor it and it will stop...

Oh well that's just my 2 cents worth... Keep it simple or add to the Bureaucracy of it all...

canTANKerous :)
FOD Moderator

P.S.
How's this for a new daytime tv show... "Judge cTANK!" of the Tanker's Court!  ;) hehe
yeah that sounds great:D...but credit due, do you not think we haven't already tried that??? atleast 8 out of 10 times they leave if you neglect to answer their asl question!!! i must also say i dont think you're any better than they are, using sarcasm to deal...or maybe not, with a genuine problem!!!
Maybe they could make like a pool room (for playing pool) and a pool bar( where players can go to talk and chat and generally chill out after they get a bit tired of pool. Maybe then people who just come on here to chat will go to pool bar instead of coming onto proper pool room.
What you think of this idea  anyone?
hey, i think that is a great idea!!! lets hope flyordie take note, to the best of their powers, unlike some of their 'moderators', if you choose to tell them. either way, it gets the thumbs up from me, and surely everyone else!!![img=
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/musik/music-smiley-005.gif
]

well it happpens to me somtimes but not often and im 22
if it happens again justmail to flyordie games and complain about it if u get enof ppl to agree then they mite do somthing about it
ok, Zarbon, not to be rude, but are you really 22 years old, the only reason i ask is your spelling. I just don't like it when people lie about who they really are, and if you are and i'm wrong, then sorry for the possible accusation. ^_^