« Back to All Topics
Best Place To Mine
Best Place To Mine
Best Place To Mine
Ok guys i just made a pure miner about 2 days ago.
Do far it's Luck Level is 30.

What I'd like to know is where is the best place to Mine for my level.

And also why am i digging up so much iron,copper,tin. I get like 10 digs and my load is full and i have to keep discarding.
Is there any way to lower how many i get?
the answers to this are in the thread called "digger study", but it's getting to be a very long thread, and answers are hard to find.  i'll give a quick summary of some of the main finds.

non-city squares (forest, caverns, swamp, graveyard) tend to give more successful digs (non-empty), but also give you a higher monster encounter rate.  dark district was found to be the best from within the city, and has a lower monster encounter rate than the other spots mentioned.  in terms of most silvers/click, either dig outside the city, but closest to a store (usually right beside the 'gate' to the city), or else in the dark district, right on a store square.

as for why you're digging up so much heavy, useless stuff... that's the way the game is.  you wouldn't expect making money with a digger would be quick and easy would you?  it is monotonous and requires lots of dumping or selling of heavy items.  there is a luck level where each of those stop appearing though, but it's a loooong ways away.  you can see the levels when dug items start and stop appearing, found at larkinorguide.com > tools and articles > digger notes.

--jason
I'd recommend digging right on the dark district harbor square. Just go south from the city center until you can't go any farther. DON"T wear any battle equipment just carry around 5 shovels and set your rank to shy. If you feel like you're filling up just sell all of your ores and repeat. The first thing you're going to want to buy is an anti-ballast which makes a BIG difference for carrying capacity but will cost you alot!

I know this isn't for a pure digger but I'd reccomend training IQ a bit as well so you can kill monsters and level up faster.

Hope this helps!

dudedjv
> I know this isn't for a pure digger but I'd reccomend training IQ a bit as well so you can kill monsters and level up faster.

I'd recommend NOT doing that if you are content with just using the digger character to make money.  Do it with a dual-purpose digger, sure, but not a pure digger.  Stick with the long term goal (making a ridiculous amount of money) and resist the short term payoff of making a smaller amount of money sooner.

Once points are misallocated away from luck, they're gone forever.  I marched the two top diggers in the game right into that trap and have lived to regret it.  That regret is why I created a digger account of truly pure diggers.  Forget carrying capacity, forget leveling sooner, and forget doing missions sooner.  Maintain your focus and reap the rewards.

Sandy

> I know this isn't for a pure digger but I'd reccomend training IQ a bit as well so you can kill monsters and level up faster.

> > I'd recommend NOT doing that if you are content with just using the digger character to make money.

I agree; that leaves but one dilemma: where to allocate the initial 6 (or rather 5) attribute points for a pure digger. Dex or IQ perhaps, to make the missions easier? Which one of the two?

Tx, EG
In my opinion, making the missions easier is not a good reason to plan a digger's six extra points.  

Dexterity is a waste.  If you want to fight, just use the weapons for your level, regardless of your skill.  If a digger can't beat a mission at his current level, he can just try again next level.  By level 50ish he'll be able to do all 53 King's missions with 1 dex.

Quickness is a waste, similar to Dexterity.  If the mission monsters are too fast for your 1 quickness digger (and many definitely will be), level up a few times, and it won't matter in the least that they hit you four times before you get a second hit in because they won't be able to hurt you much.  A higher level character beats pretty much everything a lower level character or monster can throw at it.

Strength is a waste (if you're going to add pack capacity, do it with Persistence and get the extra hit points).

Persistence seems good initially for the pack space and the hit points, but consider the following points.  The pack space can be earned in the game via antigrav thingies (60 thingies gives the same amount of pack space as 6 attribute points, and are WAY easier to acquire).  The hit points are irrelevant to a non-fighting character for the reasons noted above for avoiding Dexterity and Quickness.

Extra dexterity, strength, quickness or hit points from persistence won't matter in the long run, cause they won't be enough to make you a good fighter and you'll be able to beat all the missions anyhow.

So that just leaves Intelligence... which also seems pretty much useless.  An IQ of 1 will get you ~3.5 manapoints per level... not much, but more than enough to have the usefulness of the heal and homeport spells before too long.  An IQ of 6 will get you about enough manapoints to meet the mage tower building requirements for your level (10 manapoints per item level), and considerably more than enough when you drink a DD in the pub.  As for what you would need or want to build in the mage tower with your digger, I have no idea.  Maybe you want to build composiums out of the stuff you dug up.  Maybe you want your digger to be building items for your other characters to save them clicks.  I dunno.

So to sum up, they're all useless.  The least useless are clearly Persistence and Intelligence for the hit points and mana points.  Personally, I went with Intelligence for my four pure diggers and remain happy with that choice.  Although, I have yet to use the mana other than casting healing spells while doing the missions.

Sandy

> Forget carrying capacity, forget leveling sooner, and forget doing missions sooner.

I've actually gotten my digger's IQ up to 10 just for the manapoints. As a player with a lack of a mage, depending upon others to help me upgrade is getting tiring - especially as I advance into level 40+ ingredients.
Oh ok thank you but  got one more question.

How can i get my money from digger to my Main account.
WOOHOO thanks all i need is to earn 1million dollars so i can help you guys clear The North and South
Plus, digging on TA gives you oreputties.  In addition, you can dig next to a conquest square and not be bothered by monsters.  I find this is the best place to dig.  My level 38 digger can make a million in no time. 

GL,
JCD

Ok dont call me a noob BUT I JUST PAYED MY FIRST 40 THOUSAND TO THE KING WOHHOOOO.

Heh. Congratulations. Only 960,000 to go. :p
> ...all i need is to earn 1million dollars so i can help you guys clear The North and South

After you paid of the king, i'm afraid you will have to buy a boat first. But hey, it's cheap, it's only 5 million silvers :p
umm guys while this topic is still up can i ask

What is the evil person?
The evil person can be either someone who's stolen from you or robbed you. They're people you want to attack (unless, of course, they're a higher level than you!) :p