« Back to All Topics
Mission Writing
Mission Writing
Mission Writing
Dear Larkinorians,

Every single one of you has wondered why the are no updates and why when we have asked if we can do any ourselves we have been rejected.
A while back ago Ralph and I decided to look at the possibilities for updates.
I am very pleased to announce that we have permission from the developper to write pub missions.
That is why we are in need of ideas for missions.
Anyone who has ideas can submit them.The point is to write a plot the writers can use when creating a mission.There are no limitations.Just try to write a story that you think can be interesting for a mission and also suitable for the larki environment.
You can post your ideas here and the best ones will be turned into real missions
Now I know maybe some of you think just the fame of writing a mission is not enough that is why there will be prizes for the best 5  Also your nick will appear in the mission so I guess that should sound good enough for a reward 
And just so its all fair we will vote and the 5 entries that get most votes will be turned into missions.Everyone can vote but only once and if you try and cheat your vote wont be considered.
So 7 days from now this thread will be closed for submitions and the voting will begin.Once we have the 5 winners the writing will start.When the missions are ready they will be sent to the developper and if approved they will be added to the game.Once this is done we will open the mission ideas post again and then write more missions and so on.This is a nice way to improve the game ourselves and keep us interested.Wheather it will work or not deppends on us so please everyone don’t throw this chance away 
Good luck everyone and have fun writing 

RalphTheDog and Jessito
Hello My names kerrod but in Larkinor I play under the name Dorrek. Here are some of my ideas for pub missions.

1.The pub has had its beer stolen (by pirates or something) and you have to retrieve it from there base/HQ.

2.The Old Man that sits at the counter and gives you information could get you to do some missions for him and when completed he will give u vital information about the Lan Of Larkinor and its tresures.

3. Some one has stolen the recipe to The Deadly Diavovino and you need to get it back.

These are some of my ideas.
1 to start....
Pub Mission 11:
 Last year a buisness minded (but criminal) Yeti shamen calling himself Allhouse Newhouse started to build housing estates illegally in some areas of the city causing the local infrastructure to collapse, the inhabitants of these estates have now been rehoused and the king needs someone to destroy the now dangerous buildings that are left over and also the Yeti shamen that was causing the problem. The king would like the housing records of the Yeti.

I also got some ideas of how the mission could be laid out and the monsters would be the various forms of vicious houses/dens and a Yeti or 3....
Recently, the King has become aware of an uprising between his staff - from his own observations as well as his advisors' watch, they are unhappy with the fit state of the castle. Their proposition is to build a completely new castle - and demolish the old one! Obviously, such a deal cannot be completed. Be warned that many of these people are my own men, so please use lethal force only when necessary.

Monsters: Wealthy Merchant, Coloured Knights, etc.
Invincibles: Elemental Swords, etc.

Notes: I'd be more than happy to correct some of the spelling and grammar issues that are apparent in the older missions. Catch me in chat if you're interested.
The eldest son of King Lorden VI, and presumptive heir to the throne, Carlos “The Mad”, is both a hemophiliac and colorblind.  Common courtesy and a strong sense of self-preservation should constrain you from speculating too much as to the breeding (or inbreeding) practices of the nobility.  Suffice to say that Carlos is his own grandfather (on his father’s side) and an uncle to his mother.  Nevertheless, Carlos has fallen in with evil companions, chief among whom is Raspeaker, a commoner with dangerous ambitions and a darkness on his soul.  Raspeaker has convinced Carlos that his blood is not the proper color for human blood and that, in fact, Carlos’ blood changes color along with the lunar cycle to match that of various monster ancestors.  At last report, Raspeaker had convinced Carlos that he was descended from no less than five different types of monstrous and magical creatures.  Raspeaker has assembled a “zoo” of sorts containing a multitude of Carlos’ monster “relatives” at the Prince’s summer palace, Harmony Garden.  The Prince will not return without knowledge that his “relatives” will remain unharmed.  You must kill Raspeaker and persuade the prince to return at all costs.  Just remember, to do violence to the Prince is to invite immediately the most dire of consequences.

Subprime
The King has recently been notified that the mysterious fourth wall has been broken!  A strange fight has broken out in a strange land called...The Forum.  Two fiendish groups, the inexperienced forum jockeys, and the shut-ups are battling in this exotic location.  Please clean up this melee and return this area to its previous pristine condition.

JCD

:)
Thanks for the bump tyler
This post is not locked because there arent enough entries.I was hoping for atleast 10
I guess not many people actually care about the game
Also Heres one more,

The king is coming to the pub to celebrate the marrige of his daughter but unfortunatly wild beasts(creatures of your choisce jessito) have captured Al Pubchino the most famous pub owner in Larkinor. Evem worse is that he holds the key to the main beer supply.

Rescue him before it's to late and retrieve the key.

--------------------------------------------------------

Also when will winners be anounced
>This post is not locked because there arent enough entries. I was hoping for atleast 10
>I guess not many people actually care about the game

as much as i'd like to help out, because i do care that the game progresses and improves, i just don't have the time.  i tried helping out last time veriac said some of us could help write pub missions, and to try to use the mission writing tool was just torture.  some of us tried requesting that the tool be updated and made more user-friendly (and someone even offered to help 'fix' it), but that wasn't an option apparently.  i guess if i had tried to write simpler missions, it might not have been so bad, but i wanted to (and almost completed) 2 or 3 very challenging ones, but then ran into a few problems.  good luck to those who try to help out this time... hope some good missions come from this.

--jason
Any chance you want to e-mail your almost finished ones to me, Jason?  I may be willing to complete them.

I'm also working on a rather complex one... which given your note now seems like a foolish way to start this process.  I'll think I'll put it on the back burner for now and focus on first completing a simpler one.

Sandy
Im happy to write some pub missions.  
I absolutely look forward to helping with this project.  What fun!  :)
>Any chance you want to e-mail your almost finished ones to me, Jason? I may be willing to complete them

if/when i get some time to go through them again, and write up a quick summary for you (what i've done so far, and what i've hoped will still get done on them), i'll send off an email.  if my memory serves me well, one mission i have is just in need of a story line and a few touch-ups.  another is about 3/4 programmed for technical stuff, and half-done with a lame story.

i won't have time this week, and likely not this weekend.  we'll see how things go next week.

--jason
i didnt have time to check forum these past few days but now that i do yes jason i believe its a great idea to send sandy or me or ralph your mission ideas if you would like to actually see them in the game.if you feel you have time someday you are welcome to write a few more.