Connect4 on FoD is dying
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Connect4 on FoD is dying
Posted in 
Four in a Row
Connect4 on FoD is dying
Too many cheaters and pointbankers are ruining this game 
and keep the real good players away from this site.

FoD, do something about this, I cannot understand that the use of a program is allowed. Make it against the rules and ban people who use it instead of putting a ridicolous sign stating that they might use a program.

NoCrownForMe
yeah i only come here like once a week now :(
Programs = ban
flyordie = more subscribers
flyordie has the potential to be one of best gaming sites on the net yet you allow programs which does as nameless said above. there is a program for almost alll your board games  and the many cheaters in these games surely put off other players. FOD sort this out, u r runining the games.
Watch out for the players whose names begin with FP4.

Like FP4_Buck, FP4_Puissant, FP4_Andromede etc...

They're in a private competition with each other.  I think it's to see who is the biggest runner. If they play as red first you won't get a rematch.

Its like connect4ist says, FoD has the biggest potential
of all connect 4 sites, but its ruined by those program players who give FoD a really bad name.

Solution is simple: make the use of a program against the
rules. Then the good players will come back.
i agree that fod should make programing against the rules but connect four isnt fods biggest game and if they did that they would lose alot of players on chess/checkers also witch are there bigger board games singe they would have to ban alot of them. so i dont think fod would do this but i wish they would :( i miss there being less ppl that had a program sign
its all about the money.
lose the programmers, FOD loses the money.
selfish, this is hardly democratic, some times ethics out does profit FOD, look to what the people want, not the potential earnings the OP makes. OP couldnt handle a certain blip link, he know it better site 
:|
we cant do nothing about this game,this C4 is not popular.
i know wot you others think but it will not changed everything.Smack down™;)
C4 is not popular like others(Chess,pool,checkers).I know wot you others think,but that will not changed everything.
Accept the >FUTURE<!
Smack down™ 
im kinda hoping ovre the summer more people start to play here again
When I started there always seemed to be lots of games between masters and g.m.s to watch. I swear there are less of those now. 

Anyway, one thing I would like to see is a change to the rating system. To go up a level you should be able to win regularly against the players around you. It's too easy to gain points against low ranked opponents. A g.m. can gain points by beating a novice as long as the rating difference is less than 800. I'd like to see that figure reduced. 

very good point Captain Wow.
But I'm afraid none of these changes will go through.
In the past several suggestions (less time, ban the cheaters, make rematch obligated, etc...) have been made (by me and other players) to make the game more interesting for the really skilled players, but they have never been taken into account. 
I guess C4 is just not important enough.

Currenty FoD is a paradise for cheaters. In the beginning ppl were kinda scared to have the progr sign (!), now they are proud of having it.

There's one thing I like about that sign though.

I remember the first time I managed to hold as red against a master. The guy accused me of being a programmer.

After the update he got the sign and has had it ever since. Lol.
C4 isn't what is used to be and it will never be as good as it was when tv2 reigned supreme. It's not only FoD dying, the other sites are too.

I don't know why C4 dying. Perhaps it's just too uninteresting. I'm also retiring now, due to the lack of interesting players.

If Jops decides to continue developing Vianiato, or if some other interesting event occur, I shall return.
fod makes more money from the adverts than subs thats why they aint botherd 2 them subs is small change now
its a shame cos once people get in2 connect 4 they would realise it is just as challenging as other board games and does require a lot of skill
JOHN dude more people come in the summer 
Why should more people come if they can lay in the sun at a lake and just chill?
Explanation please! =)
will u still be on msn/skype eliten? =(
liol i dont know but always seems more people come during the summer. b4 last summer i havnt been on fod for about a year maybe more i think but iv noticed more people on fod while its summer time.

*hmph* 
someone
 (equals fstal) must have forgotten 
someone
 (equals Madnessa) 

Grrr..... 
lol you're never on the forums except when i say something to eliten.  You're jealous aren't u?  if you luv me so much why don't you just marry me, if i'm drunk enough i might say yes!
You know what Fstal ?? :P You were the first one of us to propose!! So don't play smartass... Because you're NOT :P !!! *hmph* !! 
 - and I'm reading the forum every day .... every stupid thing you say :P !!! 
fk.... i was writing a big letter about me leaving but fk it i guess.... make me so mad not somehow flyordie gets to renerage themselfs.... bye everyone wont be on for a long time now...
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian
Malti