Connect 4 Tournaments
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Connect 4 Tournaments
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Connect 4 Tournaments
Hi Mods,

I don't kow whether this is the right forum to place this request...
How come there are no tournaments for connect 4?
And, more important, is it possible to create some weekly tourneys?
I know other games on FOD have this...

Tournament are only for Pool, Snooker, Tanx and darts because they are like free-handed games. Board games will 
NEVER
 get tournaments coz of programs.
dam programmers always...

But since the "!"(User might use program)it is easy to ban those ppl from tours :p
Tournament are only for Pool, Snooker, Tanx and darts because they are like free-handed games. Board games will NEVER get tournaments coz of programs.

u are wrong here,because chess also has tourneys,and there are a lot of program users there.
i believe it just depends on how popular the game is - chess,billiards & darts are the most popular ones
There is bullet chess 1 min. but there is no way someone can use a program in that game because no one in the right mind is that fast. Only true grandmasters who play that and win are good chess players!!! Maybe a connect 4 tournament for fun???!!!
I still didn't receive any reaction from the moderators...
4. Programs

* Using a computer to decide your moves in a board game is strictly prohibited in all tournaments. 

This is what it says in the "Tournament Rules", so I don't see why there aren't any tournaments in other board games like backgammon and gomoku, despite them being quite popular (more popular than 9-Ball actually, and 9-Ball has 2 tournaments)
what if they had a 30 sec connect 4 tournment??? ;) eh?
Again...I still did not receive an answer of the mods...

Maybe they cannot inform me about this, but can someone at least tell me to whom I should direct?

Thnx