« Back to All Topics
Flyordie Needing Mayor Updating 
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
this is about the the sloppyrules in snooker dont u think yuo really need to update like such as the rules in snooker there is a rule called miss-rule and free ball and tounching ball i think all these rules should be put into play,And i also think a break status would be cool to even no this topic wont even be listend to but i really think u should conceder listening to are topics alot more becasue we are the ones that pay for this and enjoy the game play just somethings need 2 be added, Iv been playing here for about 4 years now and not ones have i seen a change,There has been many of great idears that could really inprove the buisness of this game, SO I REALLY THINK YOU SHOULD START LISTENING TO US 'OP' 
Mate dont even bother, the amount of times these topics have been posted is unbelievable, ive posted em even mods have posted one i think asking what do we think Fod should do.

Ive come to the conclusion we aint gonna get another update, we've been asking for one for a long time and nothings happened other than we got Spots in snooker and some spots on our info.

For the 'OP' to listen to you I think you should learn manners at the very least and possibly punctuation and spelling. "Conceder" isn't a word I am aware of and ",And" has so many problems in it I am not even going to point it out.

More on topic to change even a small rule means a lot of work and a lot of effort. There may be some people here that enjoy the rules missing. But I don't enjoy playing snooker anyway so if your going to ignore this here is your excuse.
"this topic wont even be listend to"

I think it has been discussed many times here why are some things cannot be implemented properly, e.g. the foul&miss rule (not only us, but also some players realized that there is no way to do it properly). You can always use the search function in the forum, before complaining about the same things that had been already answered numerous times...

You could also consider the kind suggestions above.

Thx

OP
>punctuation and spelling. "Conceder" isn't a word I am aware of and ",And" has so many problems in it I am not even going to point it out.

Personally I think attacking someone's grammar and punctuation ability is entirely rude in itself. Some people have problems spelling/using English, I just hope the guy you decided to nit pick doesn't have dyslexia or something ...

And would it be possible OP to give some feedback on those ideas that 
are
 possible to be implemented. I entirely respect FlyOrDie cannot consider every idea but I only seem to see you reply to those ideas that you (And most of the forum users) know will never be added to the game. Things like the bug in snooker where you can win by timing out on the black ball, will this ever be addressed :)?
the thing about some of the rules in snooker is that they r a bit abstract, as to say, they are judged on opinion of the ref, and its not just black and white. however i think there are some aspects that need to change, mainly the rule on losing the game at the black (not sure if this has been changed yet to be honest) and also i think there should be SOME sort of update to the game in general, i expect lots of updates that we done notice are happening on a regular basis, but for some of us long standing players it has become a little samey! a major graphics overhaul would b a good place to start :>:>
"Things like the bug in snooker where you can win by timing out on the black ball, will this ever be addressed ?"

Yes, it will... some day...
However, there are some other things currently going on with development - without going into the details now - that will be soon published, and will hopefully increase our dearest member's satisfaction.

OP

Alright thank you OP, it's good to know that things are being looked at ;)
Just out of curiosity... OP you said you was working on some on changes that would satisfy us "long standing customers".. this was written in 2007.

As you are aware 2 years later in 2009.. what changes have you made? as far i can see since the introduction of side spin you havent really introduced something that can satisfy us long term members.

OP please reply to this as i think its important to hear ur views thank you
oh they brought my old post forward and ye it was in 2007 i posted that and he still havent made no change maybe if fod is his money maker he should take more care of the long paying customers
Why do people believe him when he says hes going to update it. Its never going to happen. I've just come back to the site and noticed how dead the billiard games are, the only game people seem to play now is chess.
Vybz Kartel wrote:

"As you are aware 2 years later in 2009.. what changes have you made? as far i can see since the introduction of side spin you havent really introduced something that can satisfy us long term members."

Well you've missed out the introduction of brand new games that have become instantly popular: [url=
http://www.flyordie.com/darts/cricket.html
]Darts - Cricket
/url], [url=
http://www.flyordie.com/darts/gotcha.html
]Darts - 301 Gotcha!
/url], [url=
http://www.flyordie.com/darts/501.html
]Darts - 501 Double Out
/url] and [url=
http://www.flyordie.com/curling/games.html
]Curling
/url].

Also remember whether you are subscriber or not, you agreed to the [url=
http://www.flyordie.com/termsofservice.html
]Terms of Service
/url] when you registered...

FlyOrDie makes no warranty that:

- The service will meet your requirements.
 - The service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free.
 - The results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
 - The quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
 - Any errors in the software will be corrected.

As no features or services you describe have been 
removed
, I don't see how this severe criticism can be taken seriously.

Happy gaming,
Ian. :)
How can a company who claims, and I quote,

'In 2000 our line of activities was extended with the production of online games of the 
highest quality
. We have been developing our games according to our 
special philosophy
: besides the gaming experience we wanted to build a 
community
 around our games.'

seriously have terms such as making no warranty that 'Any errors in the software will be corrected.'

Hardly seems like the high quality "philosophy" that they claim to be chasing :|

>As no features or services you describe have been removed, I don't see how this severe criticism can be taken seriously

With all respect Ian the amount of times major problems have been raised on this forum and then dismissed without a second glance is beyond rediculous. OP had 
promised
 in a post above that the "foul on black ball" glitch will be sorted. This was almost 2 years ago and is one of the many reasons why this criticism pops up from time to time.

What is a shame is that when you look at games like Larkinor they do get some updates and support from time to time. I think they brought in clans recently (although I'm not an expert on the game so could be mistaken) so I'm sure FOD has some kind of capability to be a little more dedicated than they currently are.
Çhris wrote:

Seriously have terms such as making no warranty that 'Any errors in the software will be corrected.'

Hardly seems like the high quality "philosophy" that they claim to be chasing :|

You'll find almost all gaming sites (or any sites offering a software service) will have terms like this. FlyOrDie is a business, if they didn't have this term, all subscribers would be obliged to ask for a refund to their subscribtion. Thusly, FlyOrDie would suffer substantial losses financially.

In regards to the quality of the games (and in particular, billiards), I can instantly think of two other well know pool gaming sites and FlyOrDie eclipses them by miles.

Thanks,
Ian.

In my humble opinion of course
My issue wasn't with the inclusion of such a get out clause 
per se
, but the way that the company claims to make games of the 'highest quality'. Surely to be classed as the highest quality issues such as the black ball glitch, which has been brought up for as long as I can remember, should have been sorted years ago?

>In regards to the quality of the games (and in particular, billiards), I can instantly think of two other well know pool gaming sites and FlyOrDie eclipses them by miles

Yes I agree :). I think everyone would take the view that FOD is one of the, if not the best online billiards simulator on the net. I hope that FOD don't use that as an excuse to act slack with regards to updates though. In theory you could be the better than all your competition but still be rubbish if the competition are actually even worse :p Not that I think FOD is rubbish of course, but for the sake of argument you understand my point.

My view is that FOD are missing the point if they think that bringing in new games every so often is the way forward. People are specifically suggesting that older games such as Billiards and Tanx need revamping/bugs fixing. Since I've been here I've never seen an update of billiards. Maybe the players are wrong to expect an update but in my view I've never seen a major online game go a month to a year without an update, let alone 3-4 years or more.

Unfortunately most of the new games that are introduced soon become empty as the novelty value wears off. Just look at FOD ball, 25 players currently online, curling isn't that popular either whenever I check how many are online online. Darts seems like the only one that has survived, but that isn't suprising since it was suggested by players years before it arrived ;)

- End of frame time-out glitch
- Miss rule
- Glitch where you can take the white off the table and shoot into the distance.
- Glitch where the black ball sometimes ends up off the table when respotted if there are loads of reds in the way.
- Game freezing

These are just five "minor" glitches (well four really, the miss rule isn't really a glitch) that have caused constant problems in billiards for years. It's all good and well offering new games and so on but surely the existing games should be the ones being tidied up first?
Could this be the reason nobody comes on FoD anymore!? Just maybe...so how has it taken whoever supposedly 'works' for FoD to work this out? Seriously, look at how dead the site is (exept chess). Billiards rooms used to be full at least up til about room 4, now 8ball, the most popular only ever fills up room 2. Nobody plays tanx anymore, and the other games are just laughable. 

Great marketing here guys.
Fly or Die could use a little update to look more modern and attract new players, thats for sure. [img=
https://tipgnome.com/images/smile23.gif
]
They could obv update, make the game look more modern and realistic, fix bugs, apply real billiard rules, make a bo3 button... But they find better to create new poor games like curling with 50 players per day in it or useless toolbars instead of improving old and popular games. Developpers are clowns... and flyordie needs MARKETTING : the site is ugly, the logo looks terribly simple, theres no communication between developpers and members, they never make special offers or promotions...............

i agree baller but it will never change, they dont care about us lol
dont forget a pc game update, it looks so boring..... ah dont forget we need a pc game in darts. 
I have been a member of this site since 2001. There are not many who have seen more than me over the years!

I have simply become bored of the game and have only played a few games this year. As many of you say these topics have been raised multiple times and they are always ignored.

However the number of users at present is evident. I am sure the management are concerned hence why we are now getting replies after all these years.

I can appreciate people like Ian trying to defend the site and he has every right to do so this is a forum! But all we are trying to do is improve the site. For years our ideas and suggestions have been blatently ignored. 

All you guys have to bear in mind is that Daniel/OP has made an absolute fortune from this site (and good luck to him). Just the money from sponsers must be alot. Most of the staff work for free or a free subscription. It is probably not cost effective to make any big adjustments hence why games like curling are made.

Like some one said there is no competetion out there so this site is always going to attract a large percentage of the online billards gaming market.

It is only us long timers that are aware of these "bugs" and become bored and there is always going to be a healthy amount of "fresh blood" coming through.

In summary gg wp ty
what more updates can you guys want the game rules cant change chess will be played like always pool will be played like it always has what really makes site worth it is the challenge feature of the site no creating tables and waiting for a game just a simple double click 
I'm also since 2001 here, and nothing has be changed much.. only 9ball  has a blue table now.. green before.. they deleted the cheat break is gone okey they added a few games since over the years but this front is becomming boring..especialy the pc game.. it looks really boring and plz dont say go to web then, well i prefer to play on pc game cuz im switching rooms a lot.. 

sorry for my english im spanish