« Back to All Topics
reconnections
Posted in 
Technical
reconnections
Posted in 
Technical
reconnections
Why when I reconnect after yet another server break can I not just get straifght back into my game. 1 minute should be allowed for this or perhaps less. 

These breaks only happen to me at this site and I suspect dodgy programming from some of the sponsors - who knows? 

Reconnecting to the game in hand is the only decent thing you guys can do. lol, jim
Been requested before, I think they are working on something along these lines but am not sure.  More than likely it is your connection though, probably a down router between you and the website.  Very rarely is it a website causing your connection problems.
had enough of server error.not going to re subsccribe for a bad service. why do ilose points when server goes down.sick of abuse from people who have nothing to live
for other than sit in front of a computer moaning at people.very annoyed at not getting a response from 
flyordie. com about anything.must admit enjoyed the set
up , and met some nice people , snooker , very realistic.
but going to find a better site. id wait for a reply but we all know im not going to get one. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   x
well said mate, the amount of times ive lost points because of the server is ridiculous. before anybody says it is down to my modem or my fault in some way, no it isnt. the amount of times ive complained about abuse on this site and nothing happens, very poor. im just sorry i subscribed before i found out how bad it was.
so let me guess this straigh ur saying people have nothing better to do than play infront of a computer screen. yet ur going buzzerk that uve lost ur precious points

:|
How do you know it's not a router between your PC and FoD?  And how do you know it in fact is not your modem?  More than likely it wouldn't be your modem anyway, and I never said it was...I said router between your PC and FoD...I drew this up awhile ago but why not again:

your PC-router-gateway-router-3rd party PC-switch-router-router-FoD

Your PC does not magically go from PC-FoD, it goes through a lot of different things before it reaches it's intended site.  As of late I've heard FoD is in fact having issues, so the problem more than likely lies within them...but for future reference see poorly drawn diagram above.
ok, i can see im not going to get anywhere on the technical issue, what about the fact that we're encouraged to report people for abusive behaviour, but when we do we are ignored. i have a sister who has an account on here and she puts up with disgusting insults for no reason but fly or die dont want to know. its a disgrace
I have the latest new PC and I have a high speed line, so why is it I have 50% disconnections? Latest Java? Yes I have it... I think those people made a bad website.
See poorly drawn diagram.  Your PC does not magically go straight to FoD, it goes through other computers first and if any one of those have a issue with their modem/router/connection then you will too.  It is rare that a website has a problem, though it does happen.
so do i assume that as per usual everybodys going to ignore my question regarding the abuse during games, pathetic as per usual. and as for thection problems, most of this is caused by the adverts during games for non subscribers, maybe fly or die should put more effort into potential customers than adverts, just a suggestion
>maybe fly or die should put more effort into potential customers than adverts, just a suggestion

The people who pay for the adverts to be put on here are a form of potential customer for FlyOrDie...

And as for your question about abuse, 99% of the time moderators will punish those if they see fit. If you send a screenshot to them with a clear indication of abuse they will take the neccessary action ;)

And as for supposedly "being ignored" that may be because your asking the question in the technical section, try Dear Moderators next time, you may get a reply.. :)
ive tried contacting moderators and dont get a response, and by the way, how do i get a screen shot. i dont know how to do it, an idiots guide would be appreciated
Okay you asked for it :p 

The 'idiots' guide to sending a screenshot.

1. Press the print screen button on your keyboard when looking at the abuse.

2.Use a program such as paint/paintshop/photoshop and press "Paste" found in the edit toolbar. 

3. Crop the picture if neccessary and save it to your computer as a jpeg or bmp image (I think those are the preferred image types)

4. Go to this link

http://www.flyordie.com/contact.html

Click on moderator contact form, fill it in with relevant details of the incident, and don't forget to attach the image.

Enjoy ;)

Chris 

<<jpg or jpeg format is preferred as bmp's can be too large>>

[Edited by: RalphTheDog on Dec 11, 2007 12:29 AM]
Chris very clever knows the genious method two everything and can lower to an idiots guide. 

class:D
It hasn't been long since I was upgraded to genious Baz, I was once an idiot, but have moved on since, how is it back there in stupidity land? :O :p
its good where i am Chris in dumd box, glad ur good where u are :p
thanks for the idiot guide chris, very much appreciated