« Back to All Topics
North Port Fighting
North Port Fighting
North Port Fighting
I may just be recreating an already existant thread but i felt like shareing that the square just South of the newly cleared North Port of TA is going nicely...

An army of 100000 monsters is awaiting you towards south.

Pyratic
To finish the building 
84185 stones have yet to be built
 in.

As an added note;

An army of 
99725 monsters is awaiting you towards south

Which will happen first? The pub will open or the square will be cleared?

Course we could all meet there and have a drink in the new pub to celebrate the victory of clearing another square. 
:D
Re: 
Just a bit of TA trivia

>Is there a cure for "spalts"? Is it contagious? Will my other characters get it?
LOL!!

Dunno,but I think I'm 411 spalts closer to the Pub.

~talitu  :D

An army of 
 monsters is awaiting you towards south.

An army of 

~talitu
An army of 
...An army of 
 monsters is awaiting you towards south

~talitu
An army of 88500 monsters is awaiting you towards south.

Looks like this square will be cleared soon enough :)

Pyratic
An army of 

Pyratic
An army of 

On May 23rd we had 100k to go...  In just under 2 weeks we managed to clear 30k...  Very nice job :)

Pyratic
An army of 

poco por poco

~talitu

An army of 
a nice little killing spree for phoenix, scratch 1412 beasties.

An army of 56819 monsters is awaiting you towards south.

-B
You've eliminated 10000 monsters already
!
The Royal Official shows up again and congratulates you for your additional efforts. He removes your old badge and replaces it with 
new Obsidian Defense Merit of Larkinor badge
, then disappears.

BTW - 
An 
army of 55600 monsters is awaiting you
 towards south.

Case anyone else wants to get in on the action.
:D
It's under 37,000 now, can we get it under 30,000 by the end of the weekend? That's a goal for us. :)
by the end of the weekend?  how about under 30k by noon (eastern time, for us north americans... i think that's 5pm for many of you across the big body of water)... let's make life a bit challenging for us ;)
--jason
Please, don't make a challenge out of a block that is so beneficial for the small characters who are happy to get a drink in such a few clicks...I bet half of the army up there now...or more than half of it by now consists out of such chars who can EASILY survive without the pub and maintain lots of drinks. If out of one block out of the 60-80-something blocks, this should be one we _don't_ rush through. However, by now it's too late I suppose, The full splat-force already eradicated too much to leave any proper benefits for those really needing it. Coordination is a good thing, but thinking over where and how coordination is needed is just as vital.

If after so long a concentrated splat force is available again, I hope that after this block is cleared, we will still have this force available to literally blast through what is later to become that path linking north and south. I hope that we'll have this combined spirit available for when we _really_ need it, not in times and locations when and where not only do we not need it, but it is even a drawback to some. Oh well. 
P.S.: Just to show an example of what I mean: No, I don't splat up at NP with my duel-mage. She can survive easily and with an overflow of drinks on the southern front, too. Only my two 105-pers chars are up there, each of them needs recovery after 2 fights the most, and each recovery needs more than 5 clicks(without drinks).

Once this block is cleared(NP), I will move up there with the duel-mage too, since I understand the importance of the teleport-gate being built ASAP for the nail-thieves. 

However, with even short calculations, it can easily be calculated, that the clearing of 4 blocks with _such a powerful_ splat force to reach the other gate can be done earlier than the current final bastion of the thieves collapses due to hostile splatters and unwary monstalogists. I have seen enough here to dare to put faith into the true potential this team of players to risk  sparing just a couple of days more for the benefit of those chars who can repay this debt later by some serious splatting themselves. 
An army of 
 monsters is awaiting you towards south. :D
Nicram, while I understand and agree with your point, we are not attacking the square below north port just for nail theives. We are also attacking it to uncover the next building. We think we know how many nubs TA will finally need, but we cannot be sure, therefore it makes sense to uncover and build everything we can as early as we can, so less nubs get thrown away.

Just as an FYI, I tried slowing people down at the last pub square, but my request for people to slow down got the square cleared faster!

Well so much for that goal! :p Okay for the rest of the weekend ... 26k!
In support of Nic's point, I had three level 34 characters just waiting for the next pub block to conquest from.  Taking advantage of the newly built pub, they each have gone from level 34 to 35 while going from 0 to 1000+ conquests each.

Each has about 13k clicks left to go, and I'm trying to use them all up on this block before it clears, but I doubt I'm going to make it!

Sandy
Well if you guys really want to save the pub splat for a bit, I wont bring my crew up there and I won't set anymore splat goals there. I have seen your new fighters though Sandy, and they need the pub like they need a hole in the head.
Why should we save this square?  It is my goal to connect North TA and South TA by the new year.  Originally that was a very very heavy goal, but as of lately that goal is possible and probable.  Lets connect the two cities!

Pyratic
An army of 24000 monsters is awaiting you towards south.
Well, it's going down fast. Anyone with low-level characters  should come take advantage of the pub before it's gone...

Well, all my chars who needed this block have filled up, got  what they needed. 

Sandy, I hope you can still gain a decent supply of drinks.:)

My same hopes to anyone else who is now in a hurry, and wtg to those who managed to gain a stockpile that'll last for a while.:)
An army of 

Do i dare say that we could easily clear this square by friday night, monday morning the latest?

Pyratic
Your enemy tries to reach you, but collapses halfway. You have defeated it!
You've 
eliminated 2500 monsters
 already!
The Royal Official shows up again and congratulates you for your additional efforts. He removes your old badge and replaces it with 
new Platinum Defense Merit of Larkinor badge
, then disappears.
43345 experience points earned for the victory.

An army of 
18453 monsters is awaiting you towards south

You sure it will last until friday? LOL!!
An army of 

Nope :p

Pyratic
An army of 

19k to 18k in 2 hrs...
18k to 17k in 1 hr...

Pyratic
An army of 

Only 3k cleared since last night...?

Pyratic
guess the initial "surge" is over.
An army of 
 monsters is awaiting you towards south

-Calhoun21
You've eliminated 
 monsters already!
The Royal Official shows up again and congratulates you for your additional efforts. He removes your old badge and replaces it with new 
Ruby Defense Merit of Larkinor
 badge, then disappears.

An army of 

--jason (with char 'heregoesnothing')
An army of 

Where is everyone?  Have to say this has been a much longer clearing party...

Pyratic
You've eliminated 
 monsters already!
125694 experience points earned for the victory.
You've found the following items:
a magic nub
a recovery drink
You feel more powerful! You've reached 
level 54
!
An army of 

Now to upgrade...

Pyratic

An army of 
3000 monsters
 is awaiting you towards south.

Almost there...

Pyratic
An army of 
2000 monsters
 is awaiting you towards south.

Almost there!

Pyratic
An army of 

Pyratic
An army of 1 monsters is awaiting you towards south.
The blue cityguard damaged you with his spear for 135 hitpoints!
It's a wonder this little snorter still stands! You've made 122 hitpoints damage with your 10000yearsold bread!
Your weapon vampirizes 22 hitpoints to you!
Your enemy tries to reach you, but collapses halfway. You have defeated it!
You've eliminated 1643 monsters already!
18022 experience points earned for the victory.
You've found the following items:
a magic nub
You need 7 604 520 more experience points for the next level!

and that was the final kill :-D
Forgot where to post it, so I suppose it will do in here for now...

Silverhead and brasshead are both now on the block. I don't know about the goldenhead though(too high for me to have met). The silverhead was my catch, the brasshead was already taken in before me, I flew home and caught another monster instead. 

Nice work, and a fine afternoon, Splatters and Monstalogists!:)
Two choices now, then.  I see from the monster counts falling on both that we're already splitting our efforts.

My understanding (from peeking at the HU map) is that there is a palace to the east and weapon store to the south.  I'll be heading south, not because I have any need for a weapon store, but because the palace is (probably) equally useless, and clearing the southern block makes progress towards the land bridge and gives us a more central block to clear the rest of the city from.

Sandy
Oh wait... I was looking at the HU map.  Going south isn't a direct connection to the land bridge.  Well, so what... unless convinced otherwise, I'm still going south for the other reasons mentioned.

Sandy
What do you mean sandy... south is in direct line with the target square in the south. I am heading south also.

I think it's obvious what I meant.  I meant: I need more sleep.

Sandy
LOL Sandy, as you may know the Hung TA is not the same shape as ours, not everything lines up. I don't have the link to the Hung map atm, so I just looked at your map.
i must have an out-of-date hungarian larki map stored in my favourites, but the map i have shows no building to the east.  regardless, i'm heading south, but after that, i will probably head east (from the next square we clear) to teleport gate before i try to connect the land bridge.
--jason