Server issues
Posted in 
Technical
Server issues
Posted in 
Technical
Server issues
Dear All,

Without going in depth to the technical details, we have not found anything wrong with our current server. After analyzing  the data sent from different people, it  turned out that the ones having problems recently connect to the server using similar routes. The problems seem to lie somewhere on this specific route. (if you connect through another route you should not experience extreme number of dc's).
This will not make you any happier I guess, the bad thing however is that we cannot do anything about it now, just prey that they will listen to us and do something finally.

On the other hand, we have ordered another server, that will be setup on a completely other location,  so you will have the option to connect through another route if you experience difficulties on the given one. The new server will be up in a week or two hopefully.

Thanks for your patience.

OP
Well done OP, even though you took major criticism off 
some
 people your still managing to try and sort out the problem (even though you say there was nothing you can do about it, so much for those people who blamed you from the start ;\)
Thanks for clearing this up, OP. :)
OP are u head mod or do u run the site id love to know, whats ur role
He pretty much is the "boss" of the site, manages it etc. :)
Good to see you up and around OP, heh been awhile :p

Anyway for those experiencing difficulties you can try a trace route to figure out where the problem is along your connection route: Click the 'Start' button and then click 'Run' in the box type in 'cmd' without the quotes now you will get a black box with your harddrive letter and username now type in 'tracert www.flyordie.com' without the quotations this will send a signal from your PC all the way to flyordie.com this way you can see if you get any difficulties along the way (keep in mind 1 or 2 timeout requests is not unusual but if you get 4 to 5 then I would call your ISP).
OMG fear! Thank you SOOO much! I did this and I got no timeouts at all...and I haven't been DC'ing as much now, anyhow! Maybe everything is straightening itself out now.

Thank you X infinity again...this really helped a lot.

~Danny~
Erm I got 13 so if 3 or 4 is bad....HOW bad is mine:|?
Thanks for the quick action and the will to do something about our problems!
My compliments!

Osborne
Ha ha u all believe what is told to u there really is no hope.
I have not been DC'ing at all lately...so there MUST have been something done!!

WTG OP and I know there are still some that are DCing, so I hope that they get straightened out too soon!

:)

~Danny~
glad the d/c issue has stopped for u danny, glad to hear it
>>glad the d/c issue has stopped for u danny, glad to hear it

Why thank you Baz! How kind of you to say that. :) See you around!

~Danny~
see ya round danny.

and smart as days go on i get older and older so tecnically i will grow up, ur correct

ur a very clever guy ty:)
I didn't say it to you, i was talking to the most immature person on the game Danny...
lol

even if it was me i wouldnt mind but ty
Hi OP

It's now September and I'm still getting disconnected, as well as many others.  If it is a routing problem, please describe how I change my routing to sort this out.  The site is becoming a huge waste of time if I'm getting disconnected all the time.

Kind regards
You can't control the routing, that is controlled by your ISP.  First I would do a trace route as described on the previous page by me to find out where your connection may be failing along it's route to FoD then get in contact with your ISP and see if they can help any with the possible failed router, keep in mind they may not be able to do much.