« Back to All Topics
ok..so this is what i think
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
First of all, fod is not a bad site. Actually one of the best. It would be better if mods and the OP took more things into consideration. First of all there was one suggestion made about practice, and having an opponent where u can select his difficulty. Fod is too busy worrying about protection and getting more mods and now something new..an Admin? someone explain what they actually do and what is the difference from a mod. I know not everybody on here agress with me, but u have to understand my point. There is a such thing as a mute button and people know how to use it. Just a thought
"There is a such thing as a mute button and people know how to use it."

Yes, there is a mute button.  The purpose of it is to mute people who bother you, no one will argue with that.  But I don't believe it was ever intended to be used as the sole action on a harassing or vulgar player.  Yes, most of us will mute them anyways, but FoD is supposedly a family friendly site, where children are allowed to play as well as adults.  I don't know about you, but most of the kids and teens I know won't mute someone for cussing or talking about adult subjects.  I know many of you will say they have heard it all before, but do we really need to contribute to it?

We do need more mods.  Alot more.  I don't really know what the mod situation is in the other games, but in Larki we have 2 "full-time" and one who comes sometimes.  We almost never have a mod at night, and only occasionally in the evening.  This means our only option is to send in a screenshot, and let the offending players continue to spam and curse for hours.  This is not really an acceptable situation.
Ok, if there is so many complaints about mods, the best thing to do is to screen shot them. then the administrator can easily deal with them if they have the proof. simple as that.
Ah ;) Much respect on that last statement (Y) I know in one case where a mod was mad and a player had a few dem and the mods exact words were "So many dems, time for you're punishment" Like u said, the administrators need to look into complaints about mods more often
Well, if there is proven evidence that some mods are not following the rules of being a moderator (like you said banning for reasons that don't deserve a ban), 

then maybe there should be closer monitoring by the administrator team on moderator activity (checking complaints more often if they do not already), and any moderators that are shown to be abusing their powers should be dealt with much quicker and harshly, throwing out the "bad apples" that I spoke of :p
Yes i also see your point. 

then would that not mean what is needed is tighter control on moderators on this site?

What exactly are u trying to get out of that? That having more mods would stop this? Explain.
Ahhh I see your point now.

In someways I agree with your view that there are certain things in need of improvement on this site other than moderation issues. But I believe there is an argument for more moderators. You say a lot of mods ban for people "running" on them etc. then would that not mean what is needed is tighter control on moderators on this site?

Good moderators 
are
 a value to this site, sure there may be some "bad apples" but more high quality moderators would do the site a world of good, clamping down on childish behaviour etc., in my opinion of course :)
Also i think by fod trying to make the site better thats its actually getting worse
>And your last point, I'm not sure if your saying why do we need moderators if we have mute buttons???

What i was saying was why do we need  
more
 moderators..it seems like thats all fod wants to contribute too..All more mods are gonna do is make fod more stricter. Fod needs to realize all mods want to do is ban people for little things, such as too many dems, running on a mod etc. All im saying is fod is getting over protective.
Heh, some of the youth in England today have no association with the term "family friendly".
1: Administrators maintain and keep the site/programs tidy and running not in any way a moderator or close to most probably don't even communicate with mods. 2: It's no secret that OP doesn't take any idea into consideration (or at least has a rough way of showing he does) just check the suggestions area, and a mod has absolutely no control over the website as a whole just keeps the peace. 3: Nice idea but as said probably to difficult to code the AI for a computer opponent as it is with any game difficult to code AI. 4: Family friendly site, mute button shouldn't even have to be a resort.
I guess in simple terms, the Administrator is the guy who overall runs the site, the moderators just help with the control of rules support and so on.

The practice mode opposition is a neat idea, but probably too hard for them to program an AI system that has difficulty levels and is able to play shots on its own.

And your last point, I'm not sure if your saying why do we need moderators if we have mute buttons???  But mute buttons are there as a quick fix to shut harassing players up, use it to your advantage  :p