« Back to All Topics
Player might use program
Posted in 
Chess
Player might use program
Posted in 
Chess
Player might use program
I've not played for a while but decided to log on today. Both of my accounts have been marked "Player might use program" (Blitz and normal time controls).

I do not use computers. I can't see the point.

Does anybody know why my account was marked this way and how I get rid of this?
I do not know how they do it but I have NEVER had this problem. My opinion is that they conducted experiments to see how long it would take people to move if they had programs and made a rough average.

So if you move once every 5 or so seconds they can (in my opinion) safely assume you are using a program. Try making a few really quick moves every once in a while. That's my theory on it.
"Nobody believes the "might" be a programme, everyone assumes you are cheating!"

Using a chess program is not cheating on fly or die  it's allowed the red !  just alerts other players you use it so they can make up their own mind if they want to play you or not that's keeping it honest and real.

Is there a way to remove this flag? I don't use anything, but because of it I am constantly considered as a cheater. Its quite unfair.
I have only played seven games and just because I have won them I apparently am also flagged as a programme. I do not understand why F or D bother with this as I guess that quite a few people use programmes to hone their skill and as a result will use strategies they have learnt playing against an engine. If this means that you get branded as a programme I think it is unfair. Nobody believes the "might" be a programme, everyone assumes you are cheating! As I also do not use a programme I think it is a bit rich to be slandered in this way when all I want is to have some fun. Scrap this stuff, it borders on racism.
Player schwindler --- player new points = 0!!!!!
It's not funny if a player use a program ... :(
the same happened to me today.Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I don t understand.
It s not fun when they call you a liar.I agree.
No more fun to play too!!!
byebye!
Well I'm not sure what to think of it, but they claim to have software to see whether someone is using a computer or not. They also say "Player 
might
 use program". So it's just an indication that they suspect you to use a program. I think that in due time the software will recognize, that you aren't using a program. But it's annoying if you have it next to your name and you are not using a program, I agree.