« Back to All Topics
What's your pet hate on  FoD?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
Hey, everyone. Just wondering what your pet hate is on FoD. E.g. mine is when people say you didn't deserve to win when you get even one fluke, even if you apologise after. 
My pet doesnt play on FOD, you must have an extremely clever hamster m8 :p

<<<<<<<<<My pet plays.  Have you ever met RalphTheDog?>>>>>>>>>

[Edited by: LadyDie on Mar 19, 2007 4:03 PM]
People who redicule you when you fluke, then when they fluke they don't say anything about it... hypocrites ;)
Bad moderation - no comment needed.
Sore losers - too many of them.
Rating mongrels - it's only 3 numbers ;\
People with low rating who try and be your mate just to get a game.
People who say "ul" if you miss an easy ball.
People who say "gg" before the game's over.
People who say "gg gl" before game's over, despite not asking for bo3 or not even saying "gl" in the first place.

Well that was fun :|
my pet hate on fod is guests,they come into my games and never shut up or u get some who dont reply :p
oOoOooOooo i ave a few....ppl who sit in the lobby and just talk (oh thats me)high rated players who cry wen they lose and then say owned i mean come on wats that about,then ppl who 4get they only on a internet game,oh and jo,mandy,sandy,donna,nat,mary,kath,and sara who just pick on me cuz im a man pfff and my final 1 is the coffee machine in lobby why does it never give out change?? 
I don't really think this applies to most of the games, but on Larkinor we get numerous new players every day.  They always come to chat, can't seem to find the help button.  I find that odd, since the help botton is next to the chat one lol.  They demand we tell them how to play, and when directed to help or the new player guides written specifically to assist them, they whine about having to read or downright refuse to do so.  Odd, since it's a TEXT game.  

I feel better :)
TeT

TEASE 

Re: What's your pet hate on FoD?  Posted:Mar 20, 2007 1:54 AM  

my pet hate on fod is guests,they come into my games and never shut up or u get some who dont reply 

erm guests cant tal
k ;\ 

Mine would have to be the ads for the free players. what's a parent supposed to do, sub a kids account just to keep them from seeing those ads on a FAMILY site? i mean really. My kids are good, but i wont let them play because of the ads. my 10 yr old girl doesnt need to see that stuff, and my 11 and 12 yr old boys sure dont need to be trying to check those sites out...raising kids is hard enough without that kind of stuff making it even harder. it's a family site, it shouldnt have ads that aren't Family appropriate.
In response to Lushas post, FoD should take note and follow their own rules.  I have seen those ads.  Some where the woman has (Description removed)
The rules of use clearly states...

# 3.8 Referring to body parts or sexuality. 

That is not allowed, and can be punishable up to and including a perm ban.  So why is it that the site itself can get away with it?

TeT

<<<<<<<TeT I so agree with you but took the vivid description out cause it was titilating in itself, the real ad is worse.>>>>>>>>>

[Edited by: LadyDie on Mar 20, 2007 10:46 AM]
I agree, Lusha and TeT.  My thought is the ad department and the one that sets the rules and enlists mod to man the site haven't talked to eachother. 
Lusha I am sure you know this but it is true for all kids.  
Keep the 'puter in a room all can access.  No 'puters in bedrooms.   Parents do a "pos" as often as possible.
(that is 'parent over sholder' btw)
Point being, if I can't even describe it, why is this "family friendly" site allowing it to be an advertisement in the first place?  I appreciate your post LD(even if it was editing mine pfft :p) I'd like to hear from OP.  
Another hing I hate i when you challenge someone and they don't answer. I mean if you don't want to play fair enough, but at least have the courtesy to reject the challenger.
Actually LD the computer is in a family area...which means I also have to have my account subbed when i intend to play if i dont want my kids seeing these things. the one time i didnt...my then 5 yr old was asking why i was looking at people without clothes. 
I knew you knew that Lusha.

As far as people not answering a challenge they might have gotten up to run to the kitchen and not be there when you challenge them, but I see your frustration.
herbie i was being funny :D
what about the ppl who challenge you and you DO reject and they just challenge again and again! the mute player comes in handy then :D
Herbie??? Are you a Love Bug??

Hey LD...Nice to see a Mod posting on Forum! :-D

~Danny~
LD has my respect as she's (i dont want to assume anything by saying "she") about the only mod who ever shows any interest on this wonderful forum.

<<<<<<<<<LOL she is right.  There are others too>>>>>>>>>>

[Edited by: LadyDie on Mar 20, 2007 11:51 PM]
well it used to be ASL thats always asked but now thanks to bill gates its not asl n e more thats been wiped out on fod its now MY SPACE lol..

and another is 
are there n e hot boys or girls who wants to chat,me i cant do both im not that skilled ;)
sunset its usually the way.. the coffee machine playing up and the girls playing up... but my pet hate is...
must admit i havent got 1... fod is virtual lol like the tv... PRETEND:D....nothing gets to me.... oh yes... 1 thing.... it's so hard to switch off:D
Personaly >ASL has to be the worse thing, not only on fod but on any site or messenger you may use.RULE#1 when going online is (DONT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION).All you are doing is opening a new gateway into your personal afairs and your are risking yourself of predatators, hackers,stalkers, ect, ect, ect.Just take a little look at the percentage of helpless people who have been victoms of online predators. VERY SCARY STATS...>>Almost 1 in 5 (19percent)of young Internet users surveyed received an unwanted sxual solicitation in the past year. Well here you  chk this out and you decide for yourself.   
http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/fs200104.pdf
  After you have read that , mayb your eyes will open.   

only 1 little thing, not major.

but when u brake you know if ull pot a ball because next 2 ur rating comes up either a spot or stripe, its come s up the second uve hit the white

and when the 8 ball at the end of a game, the split second u hit the white ur rating changes, so before the ball is potted u know

not a major thing but the little things are the most important
Gotta be when you play someone and they dont say a thing until there lookin like winning and you foul and they say 'ul' or they fluke and say 'sorry' lol, disgraceful ;\
people tappin on break or foulin on purpose on break X-(

people scared to break properly on internet game :|
ok i admit i'm guilty on that last one, but that's cause i dunno how lol...i'm so bad i'm embarrassed to even try to play anymore:-s
>but when u brake you know if ull pot a ball because next 2 ur rating comes up either a spot or stripe, its come s up the second uve hit the white

and when the 8 ball at the end of a game, the split second u hit the white ur rating changes, so before the ball is potted u know

I thought I was the only one who noticed that! I agree with you. Especially if you fluke the black or something and already know you've fluked it. It's like watching football highlights when you already know the score ;|
my personal pet hate on fod is when my opponent has already lost but he keeps timing out or doing fouls on purpose.i won't mention any names but there are some people who do it,especially in snooker light
During games, some advertisements with noise tend to all run at once, which is very annoying because I can not hear the game I am playing. Shortly after these ads appear, a message box saying, "Any string value here forces a dialog box appear before closing the window," pops up repeatedly until I exit flyordie altogether. Surely there must be a way to prevent this occurrence. 
What ads are you guys talking about? I'm a free user and I don't see any ads here or in any game.
try firefox.  firefox prevents a lot of adverts popping up.
ppl bringing back posts from 2005 ;)
My original reply still stands ;)
I don't play now but I bet my list up there would still stand if I did :p
my pet hate is when people take the game far too seriously and then critise you when you appreciate the fact that losing a game is not the end of the world.
people that ask me,,what's the other half..!!!
halfcat, what is the other half?
1)ASL
2)Meanness without reason
3)Swearing at people that you don`t even know, even they did nothing wrong and you 
4)Persistent and abusive chellenges - is my right to refuse to take a challenge
i don't really care about flukes or runners or bad sports.

there's only one thing that i hate.....

'connection to server lost, reconnect?'

grrrr!!