« Back to All Topics
server connections
Posted in 
Technical
server connections
Posted in 
Technical
server connections
the server conneciton continues to be broken and i keep on losing points for no reason. is there a way it can be fixxed>

Aside from checking out everything on your side...no...FoD has never and will never acknowledge they might possibly have a problem, so the best thing you can do is make sure everything is working properly (G.E. Firewall/Router, cables, ISP, Modem, adware/spyware/virus).  If all of that is working and good, then your probably going to have to sit and wait to see if they release a fix or something along the lines.
Guys take my advice and do this thingz:
1)Be sure your connection is fine with no mistakes.
2)Look at ur anti-virus.If u download it from torrent uninstall it.
3)Uninstall JAVA latest version and get an old version of JAVA.
4)Download this spyware at 
http://www.download.com/3000-8022-10122137.html
 (this personally worked for me and some of my friends)
5)If u have any Bittorrent,BitLord,Azerus etc etc that download Torrent ,make sure u uninstall it.
6)Check ur firewall(make sure to allow FlyOrDiE)
7)Check ur pop-ups
8)Download Diskeeper(defrag ur hard-disk)
9)And last one use Mozilla or/and Netscape intead of Internet Explorer .Mozilla works better.
10)Don't open too many thingz at the same time.

I use a public library service using a firewall... the http connection gets me in ( over 1000 games ) but recently the screen has been disappearing and the points deducted even when Im not involved in a game... any ideas or suggestions how not to lose the points... mistakes are one thing but confiscation due to server discon is another !
FOD DEFINITELY has a problem..its always throwing as wobbler and it costs me points...i have just lost over 33points due to the FOD server...its not fair, you work hard for the ranking points only to have them robbed from you!...there is nothing wrong at my end...and you can just tell when the FOD server stats throwing a fit...but you cant do anything about it...it sucks!
FOD has definitely got a server problem...nothing wrong at my end yet i have just lost over 33pts (i was well ahead in the last game and it would have meant another 10 pts on top of that...it sucks!
You lose points each day you don't play, 1 day not played=1 point deducted.