« Back to All Topics
Elemental Spits
Elemental Spits
Elemental Spits
Owing to possible abuse the market value of this item has been reduced from 1 million silvers to 100,000 silvers.

Are you aware that on the TA market they currently appear at 30000% though?
lol - bought 32 of these this morning at $1,000,000 per...
V - I find this unfair for a few reaons. First, I could have sold >100 of these for 500k but didn't because of what I thought their value was until you made a unilateral change. Second I spent thousands of clicks hunting for them because of their value - clicks I wouldn't have wasted had they been worth only 100K (I just would have bought what I needed). Third, it seemed to me that finally we had 1 element of the game that favored larki players since many (but not all) TA players would come to larki to fight for spits given their high cost. Can you please reconsider (I have no idea what abuse you are concerned about) or consider how to make whole the 4 or 5 players who may have been affected? Thanks
I believe the possible abuse alluded to was the fact that these items were available in the supply tent for 6 credits at level 78.
Several players spend all of their time and clicks on TA gathering allocation points in the process.
Theoretically, Chicky (and I'm not sugesting Nioban would) with 75k points in the tent could buy 12k+ spits netting well over 6,000,000,000 silvers just selling them in the general store.
You could literally take over the market and control people's ability to level with that war chest.

The spits now cost 25 points each in the tent and net 50k in the store, so theyre still the highest valued item we can get from monster drops. 
I agree with Ade, this sudden change is grossly unfair to players who have been hunting these spits. On the other hand, I agree that 6 credits is way out of balance for a 1 million silver item. Why not leave the store price alone and just further increase the credit cost? 

-TT
Cinder, shhhh...your letting everyone know the master plan!

Just some random thoughts on this one....a high priced monster drop would be nice to have in the market (would help with those pesky market transfers...) with the flip side being that the tent credit cost per item would be equivalent (say 200 credits which equals out to about 1200+ clicks worth of fighting on TA) to avoid potential abuse.  

Alternatively, for those who had been collecting them for future value instead of selling them - perhaps a one time deposit in their bank accounts could be done for their troubles - I can't imagine it would be more than 3 or 4 of the top 5 characters.

Niho
Can I ask what happened to the elemental spits that I had on the market already went?

Marbunz
It was due to the tent costs and the ease with which the item could be attained that the change was made.

In the past, such changes have been made after abuse has taken place, but this time the change has been made pro-actively to prevent players from doing exactly what Cinder described.

Whilst i understand that some players will not be happy with this change, it was necessary to retain overall game balance.

I will be reviewing all other tent items during the weekend (up to maximum current level possible for players) to check if a similar occurance might be possible with them, and any that are found will also be adjusted.
Thanks for the explanation all, but V, why isn't ThomasT'a suggestion enough of a fix? Also, it would be nice if in additioon to fixing the game you could aalso address any individual hardship this change caused...as was pointed out by others it is only a small # of players. Thanks
Another thing worth noting about these items, you're all gonna need a couple of hundred of them at some point. Have a look on larkiguide at the range of weapons and armours they appear in...225 total in shields alone.
Since the critters that drop them are only found in the forest (as is true with a lot of items in the 70's), I can't see many people hunting from them other than for the exact amount they need for their own equipment.

Cinder.

(Still short about 50 of them)