« Back to All Topics
God Envy
God Envy
God Envy
This post is for those players who suffer from extreme "God Envy".

This charcter, Ravenstar, has the absolute gall to walk around with a "God" ranking, and has from time to time been subjected to "God Envy" by higher lvls looking to put her in her place. This has all been accepted in the spirt of "if you don't want to be attacked don't walk around playing God."

However, there are now a few players who once having jumped the upstarter and soundly boxed her ears and sent her home, are not satisfied with the one fame point, they must dust off another charcter to repeat the process. There is nothing to be done about this because the game allows it, and the God ranking will stay in place because it does allow greater xp per click, so I'll just have to continue to waste precious clicks for another players game ego and deal with it.

Now to the point. For those players and you know who you are, who repeatedly attack the one character, there is another character on this account, ThornyFingers, an up and coming thief/robber. She is as yet young, but continues to gain xp. From now on when this character hits your house, she will no longer wait to offer herself and your valuables to you. If you don't get her before she gets to the market or store, you will not get them back.

So when you guys feel froggy, please jump. Just keep in mind retribution will come and when it does, just keep on clicking.

Happy playing =}
As an FYI, formidable mode does just as well exp/click wise without getting you sent home. What you lose in top monsters, you gain in not having to run away as often for having to heal up.
Hope I'm not one of them...I only PvP God Modes in CC. I know I've jumped you a few times. Nothing personal if it is me. 
Another solution is to come to chat more.  I know it seems odd, but the players here will often not attack someone they know unless it is prearrainged or retribution.  

Well anyway you go about it, good luck :)

TeT
Hi all,
I usually have "God" mode on only because I want to have the maximum of high level monsters coming after me, not at all because of an ego thing. I have NO desire to appear greater than any other player OR fight them. I try to turn that mode off before I go back into the city, but sometimes I forget. I just wanted to add that because there may be others who are like me...who have that mode on only for the monsters not to fight anyone.
Thanks,
Christine
The whole bashing lower level players just because they can has happened to me too Raven.  I also couldn't agree more about the having no remorse for robbing then.  :)  If its fair for them to take our points, then I'm taking their stuff too. 
The click cost of a Larki pvp is minimal. You don't spend any clicks or the battle. If you lose, you get a free trip home to your comfy chair. It usually costs my fighter 3 clicks to go to his chair otherwise. 
Truth be told I only attack other players for the famepoints or because they steal from me.

I always thought that was part of the point too, if the person you steal form catches you, then you are going to die frankly.  

Always carry insurance is my philosophy. :P
You don't lose anything (insurance included) when you die in a pvp battle cirish ;)
Is it just me, or does it feel like Ravenstar is painting a target on his back here?

I don't bother with famepoints in this game, but complaining about it can't be a winning strategy, can it?!

Sandy
*gets red painting supplies ready*

anybody have a cirle template handy??? LOL

-AA [img=
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/264/fightinnish8of.gif
]  
The lost famepoints were not the point of the topic, THE POINT of the topic was 1 player repeatedly attacking the same lower level player with differnt characters. 

Scenaro: Bob1 beats her up, goes home gets Bob2 to beat her up, goes home gets Bob3, and so on and so on. 

Acquiring fame points is part of the game and I have no problem with it. If the loss of fame points had anything to do with it, there would be no robber/thief charcter on this account. The above is what I have a problem with.
If that paints a target on the charcters back. Then so be it! 
brining back a topic that's almost 2 months old?  i guess if you insist.  i'll try to make this clear:

when you make a pure digger, you do it because you want to bring in a lot of money.  one downfall is that you will level a lot slower.  that's part of the way the game is made.

when you put your fighter on god-mode, you do it because you want to see higher level monsters.  one downfall is that higher level characters can attack you.  that's part of the game, and will not change (unless you get to a very, very small number of famepoints, but i'd guess you don't really want to do that).

i fight with a few of my fighters on god-mode almost all the time, and i realize i will get attacked from time to time... and i'm okay with that.  i'd be a little upset if 3 guys from the same account targeted my one guy in one day... but that's the way the game is made, and i have to live with it.

--jason
Why are you even bothered about famepoints anyway.
brining back a topic that's almost 2 months old? 

Maybe because the forums allow it? And because I choose to make a response. If anyone has a problem with it they need not reply. But if they choose too, that's ok too. The forums allow that also.

i guess if you insist. i'll try to make this clear:

I'm aware of all that you stated. Thank you so much.