« Back to All Topics
Cinder/Cronus - OT
Cinder/Cronus - OT
Cinder/Cronus - OT
Do you remember our discussion of - ahem - less than high brow television shows and our tendency to watch them?  I have found DVDs for Kung Fu - The Legend Continues.  Not inexpensive, not the finest quality picture, and I'm not sure that they ship overseas, but.....  Let me know if you are interested.  Every once in a while, it is fun to watch the oldies.

I was most amused when someone was running down the street to a pay phone- no cell phones. :-)
NO!!!! I have no recollection of musing over grainy episodes of Glasshopper's exploration of the not so wild west!
These youngsters dont even know theyre born. Yay for the good old days when special effects were an old tray and a hammer beating on it, and if we were really lucky the good quality ketchup!

Link me!!!!!
i think u both got it mixed up kung fu was the original series the one with the "wild west" the legend continues was set in toronto.
Nope not mixed up. We used to discuss the origonal with David Carradine, complete with flashbacks to his training in the temple. I've never seen the return, nor has Rebanne as far as I can gather (pre getting the DVD set) and I think shes directing me to them as we both got a kick out of the origonal. 
Carradine is in both but he plays the great grandson or grandson of the guy in the original.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm Glasshoppa ;-), not Glasshopper.

And this isn't the exploring the 'wild' west (where no one seems capable of firing a gun), this is 'the legend continues'.  Where there are cars and telephones and bad guys who still can't seem to fire a gun to save their souls.  OK, they can FIRE a gun they just can't seem to hit much of anything.

If you want your brain to rot almost instantly, it is definitely high on my list!
Unfortunately, I was not confused and I did watch both the original Kung Fu and Kung Fu: The Legend Continues when they were originally on.  

I did think that Cinder should have the same opportunity to have his brain dissolve since we enjoyed talking about the original.
Oh, and I forgot - David Carradine (Kwai Chang Caine) is the grandson of the original Caine while Chris Potter is the great grandson.

There were 4 seasons and I have just started watching the 2nd season.  My brain is dissolving............ :-)